Chartmasters updates Britney's sales; 103.3M EAS

Ghiles

17 minutes ago, Anticipating said:

I see :clap3:I also see that they made that prediction before Me!, which explains a lot.

since that update her catalog did 1.4B streams this year so far on Spotify alone. Lover is doing better on Spotify than Rep so far. Youtube and pure sales are the only metrics where its doing better Lover. And that is understandable considering the Youtube algorithm changed and iTunes is dying by the second. So I guess she will still surpass Britney...

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ghiles

• Anticipating

• ddddynamite

• JawBreaker

Legend :clap3:

...Baby One More Time is up to 24,175,000 pure sales and surpasses Millenium, making it the highest selling album of the bubblegum pop era

And-I-Oop-GIF-Giphy.gif?resize=480,268

She is up to 3,350,000+ album sales in Japan, surpassing Janet Jackson in the country

31 minutes ago, Anticipating said:

I see :clap3:I also see that they made that prediction before Me!, which explains a lot.

She will reach that mark by 2022 only with her catalog. Not including any new releases

Lover, including ME! will only boost her faster

OT - Nice #'s 

Edited by mcohen

2 hours ago, Anticipating said:

None of them are close except for Rih

Two queens! :clap3::clap3::clap3:

3 hours ago, Anticipating said:

None of them are close except for Rih

Adele and Rihanna are based on their next eras

taylor will take 2 eras

itll take a few eras for the others if not more

14 hours ago, drmkng said:

Britney chartmasters doesn’t count shipments.

we know you shipped over 110m albums by now but these girls care about pure sales and they are still estimating 

23 hours ago, Cherry123 said:

Since when is Baby One More Time bubblegum pop tho?

When did it reach 14M sales in the US? I thought it was at 12M.

That's without club sales, which Nielson doesn't track IIRC.

I thought Baby One More Time's Nielsen SoundScan's numbers is at 10,640,000 + 1,600,000 (Club sales) = 12,240,000? Where did the extra 2 million come from? This is embarrassing :deadbanana2:

On 8/4/2019 at 12:02 AM, Ghiles said:

Taylor is at 76M and has slowed down a lot since Reputation. She's not gonna gain 27M in 2 years.

Gaga is over 45M behind. It's not likely that she will ever catch up unless she maintains ASIB level of success for several more eras which isn't realistic considering how Artpop and Joanne did. ASIB was more of a fluke for her.

Katy is out of the question.

Only Rihanna and Adele can surpass her if they release and even if they do, she will still stand as the 8th most successful woman of all time so she wins either way. :1stplace:

On 8/4/2019 at 1:49 AM, Anticipating said:

I know it hurts to see but your beloved source (that no other base really claims) himself said Taylor’s catalogue alone will get her to 100M by 2022 in the worst case. Not to mention, Lover is already doing better than Reputation. So yes Taylor Swift will pass Britney Spears in “CSPC” and you will have to deal.

A ****ing LEGEND. The gays in here who try her when most of their faves will never come close to touching her career stats :jonny5: 

4 hours ago, ddddynamite said:

I thought Baby One More Time's Nielsen SoundScan's numbers is at 10,640,000 + 1,600,000 (Club sales) = 12,240,000? Where did the extra 2 million come from? This is embarrassing :deadbanana2:

Whew chill with the ignorance

1,600,00 is just from BMG Music club

The rest is from Columbia House which was even bigger than BMG

39 minutes ago, Ghiles said:

Whew chill with the ignorance

1,600,00 is just from BMG Music club

The rest is from Columbia House which was even bigger than BMG

Ok chill. I am a fan of Britney myself and looking at her sales for years but where did the numbers come from? I've never seen this 2 million number from Columbia House ever been confirmed. Do you have a source? I'd love to see it. Thanks.

Edited by ddddynamite
grammar

1 hour ago, ddddynamite said:

Ok chill. I am a fan of Britney myself and looking at her sales for years but where did the numbers come from? I've never seen this 2 million number from Columbia House ever been confirmed. Do you have a source? I'd love to see it. Thanks.

Wait so you're a Britney fan who follows her sales but you don't know that the album has been 14x Platinum since 2004 :biblio:

17 minutes ago, Ghiles said:

Wait so you're a Britney fan who follows her sales but you don't know that the album has been 14x Platinum since 2004 :biblio:

It's clearly shipments not actual sales only the delulu believe that :dies:

4 minutes ago, ddddynamite said:

Oh boy. The delulu is the one who thinks the label randomly sent 2 extra million copies to collect dust on store shelves thinking they wouldn't be immediately returned. What is shipped is based on the retailer's accord and not just on whatever the label wants to send.

Columbia House never released a list of their top sellers like BMG did but we do know for a fact that CH had a higher market share of club sales than BMG where BOMT sold 1.6 million so 2 million coming from CH makes perfect and falls right in line with the 14x certification.

It's very simple. :michael:

You don't sound very educated about club sales so I'd suggest you read this:

https://chartmasters.org/2016/10/understanding-music-clubs-album-sales/

https://chartmasters.org/2016/10/understanding-music-clubs-part-2/7/

Every relevant 80s/90s album that was available at Columbia House and advertised sold tons there. These two articles explain it for Janet, Celine and Mariah albums.

41 minutes ago, ddddynamite said:

Yeah, because there are 2 million copies of the album collecting dust at shelves in 2019. :dies: Please educate yourself on how the music industry worked prior to 2009.

46 minutes ago, ddddynamite said:

Brittany fans also like to throw in club sales, happy meal bundles etc etc etc but BOMT is still under 25M so they use all the help they can get. 

OT: :ahh:

47 minutes ago, Аshanti said:

Brittany fans also like to throw in club sales, happy meal bundles etc etc etc but BOMT is still under 25M so they use all the help they can get. 

You realize the RIAA counts club sales for every album and not just Britney's, right? Hence why the following examples have much higher certifications than their Soundscan sales indicate:

Mariah Carey - "Daydream" - 7,700,000 - 10x Platinum

Mariah Carey - "Music Box" - 7,300,000 - 10x Platinum

Shania Twain - "Come on Over" - 15,671,500 - 20x Platinum

Whitney Houston - "The Bodyguard" - 12,140,000 - 18x Platinum

Celine Dion - "Let's Talk About Love" - 9,600,000 - 11x Platinum

It has nothing to do with shipments. Retailers don't buy millions of extra copies of an album and leave them on their shelves so the label can benefit from a certification. All the monster records of the 90s sold tons of copies at music clubs and RIAA counted them in their certifications.

Edited by Ghiles

31 minutes ago, Ghiles said:

You realize the RIAA counts club sales for every album and not just Britney's, right? Hence why for example Mariah's "Daydream" is Diamond despite being at 7M on Soundscan? And Celine's "Falling Into You" is 12x Platinum despite being at 10M on Soundscan?

It has nothing to do with shipments. Retailers don't buy millions of extra copies of an album and leave them on their shelves so the label can benefit from a certification.

No need to argue with the OBH
U can see from his history that he constantly ***** on Britney :toofunny3:

pathetic to still act this way towards people he doesn't know but I guess he is still in that age :michael:

Really informative on the  Club Sales btw (:

ot: Chartmasters don't have full sales on many of the artists so it's no surprise.
I bet there are more sales to be found about ha

2 hours ago, Ghiles said:

Oh boy. The delulu is the one who thinks the label randomly sent 2 extra million copies to collect dust on store shelves thinking they wouldn't be immediately returned. What is shipped is based on the retailer's accord and not just on whatever the label wants to send.

Columbia House never released a list of their top sellers like BMG did but we do know for a fact that CH had a higher market share of club sales than BMG where BOMT sold 1.6 million so 2 million coming from CH makes perfect and falls right in line with the 14x certification.

It's very simple. :michael:

You don't sound very educated about club sales so I'd suggest you read this:

https://chartmasters.org/2016/10/understanding-music-clubs-album-sales/

https://chartmasters.org/2016/10/understanding-music-clubs-part-2/7/

Every relevant 80s/90s album that was available at Columbia House and advertised sold tons there. These two articles explain it for Janet, Celine and Mariah albums.

You really gave me chartmasters as receipt when a simple google search shows that it's the same person who believe in Columbia club sales and he also posted pages of their catalog with no Britney on the list. :deadbanana2:

And also, claiming Baby One More Time outdid Millennium based on a never confirmed & rumored figure is very bold when the album outdid BOMT in most countries. On their CSPC pages BOMT has more confirmed sales from more countries. You assumed Millennium sold ZERO copies in these unreported countries when the gap here is only less than 400k?

From 2011-2013 alone:

Millennium moved 110,000 copies in the US.

Baby One More Time moved only 38,000 in US.

I Want It That Way also getting double the streams on both Spotify and Youtube daily.

What exactly made you think BOMT is pulling more sales than Millennium?

1 hour ago, Anticipating said:

Yeah, because there are 2 million copies of the album collecting dust at shelves in 2019. :dies: Please educate yourself on how the music industry worked prior to 2009.

Why not? Well, not exactly on shelves.. probably in some drawers or storages

1 hour ago, Аshanti said:

:deadbanana2:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.