• luckystrike

• Yvess

1 minute ago, mokitsu said:

SOG is that song :clap3:

um periodt

5XQquUH.gif

Did the risk pay off? x2

Ellie Goulding - I'll Hold My Breath

"so after a lot of thinking I decided to take a risk and go for the upbeat route instead of going for a ballad, this song is a really deep cut on Ellie’s discography and I think it’s really cute and fun while the lyrics talk about wanting to be with your partner through thick and thin, this is I’ll Hold My Breath"

@luckystrike

This is another one that I’m not sure about, the lyrics are cute and all but the production is so generic and does not catch my attention at all. To me it kind of does not sound like a love song. Speezy says it’s sort of about love when reading the lyrics but it can also be interpreted as friendship or a one night stand to fix a heartbreak, probably better choices in her discography. NLTM with ha taste again, states :weeps: one of the best songs from that album, the lyrics are amazing, god how I miss when she wrote songs like this.

Scores:

NLTM: ?

Speezy: 6

xBoyx: 6

Imagine giving SOG a 10 but I'll Hold My Breath a 6, LMAO :rip:

Where are the classics?

Mariah Carey - The Distance

@OverprotectedThis song is not my cup of tea (yet), BUT I do have to admit that it does follow the theme – talking about going so far together. Cute! Now this is coming form someone that does not really know her discography. NLTM knows it and was expecting VOL or WBT, which I guess it’s good because you were not predictable. Risky move by sending a new song but it paid off, the conversation between the lovers was infatuating. Speezy also knows her discography and thinks there’s better songs but will settle for this cute one. Good lyrics about shakey and/or long distance relationships.

Scores:

Speezy: 8

xBoyx: 9

Just now, Not Like The Movies said:

me or speezy :gaycat5:

jk we have taste!

"LIKE ALWAYS" ok shady bish 

Spoiler

Taylor Swift State of Grace 10 10 ? 20
Lady Gaga Is That Alright? 9 10 ? 19
Mariah Carey The Distance 9 8 ? 17
Mans Zelmerlow Let It Burn 8 7 ? 15
Ellie Goulding I'll Hold My Breath 6 6 ? 12

1 minute ago, Not Like The Movies said:

I mean I don’t even listen to either of the artist but SOG is clearly better than Imma Sleep With You Cause Im Afraid 

3 minutes ago, xBoySelenatorx said:

me or speezy :gaycat5:

jk we have taste!

Both of you :fan:

Jk taste is subjective

Made for this round..

Janet Jackson - That's The Way Love Goes

@wxvii , I was actually very excited about this submission, with Janet’s sultry vocals, this would be an amazing round for her. While she does sound sexy and lovely, the song is about 60-70% the same. It took me out listening to the same four lines throughout the song. I think we all agree it adds a sexy tone and explores the sexual side of love. Strong choice – NLTM.

Scores: 

xBoyx: 7

Essay #3!

Queen - You're My Best Friend

Love thrives when it's a feeling that is shared. When it makes you a better person, when it’s unconditional, makes you happy, makes you feel grateful, makes you glad to be alive.

In Queen’s feel good love song “You’re My Best Friend” we can find all of that and more. Will someone ever love you like John Deacon loved his wife when he wrote AND learned to play the piano for this song? (in 1975 and they’re still married! #cute) Probably not, but at least you got this gem of a song to make you live ❤️.

@Sabbath, I get the message and while I do find it cute, the song was meh. As usual, a nice laid back song that's just there in my opinion. NLTM says the lyrics stood out, good choice. Speeyz goes on and praises you: "A lover is your best friend as well." Good meaning and great approach!

Scores: 

Speezy: 10

xBoyx: 8

3 minutes ago, xBoySelenatorx said:

As usual, a nice laid back song that's just there in my opinion.

ma when have my choices been laid back, just last round spizza incorrectly and tastelessly dragged me for being "too much" skldsd

4 minutes ago, xBoySelenatorx said:

NLTM says the lyrics stood out, good choice. Speeyz goes on and praises you: "A lover is your best friend as well." Good meaning and great approach!

chef's kiss.jpg

An UPTEMPO love song

Beyonce - Love On Top

@mokitsu , This is a classic bop. I guess Sabbath still won tonight since this is where ha icon comes from. Speezy's critiques consists of the lyrics becoming very repetitive after the main part in the chorus. I think so far tonight this is the only time I agree with ms NLTM, this is a good example of a love song that is uptempo. Not all love songs have to be ballads, as long as there is passion, it fits. Couldn't have said it better.

Scores:

xBoyx: 9

Still waiting for that vid though...

Rihanna - Love on The Brain

@Girlicious, you motherf*cker :jonny6: this is a SONG. This song is about the side effects of love, all the pain one goes through, PHEW. Basically what Speezy was thinking. An amazing song, a gem in her discography. The passion, energy, vocals, lyrics, production... NLTM is PREACHING. Exquisite!

Scores: 

xBoyx: 10

As Rupaul once said, "m*h"

TinashE - This Feeling

@fiercETbh I kind of spaced out.. I had to restart and read the lyrics.. now upon doing that, let me tell you something…. It’s not the worst but definitively not the best. I didn’t feel anything. There was no story as Speezy mentioned. They know Tinashe’s discography and they think there’s better. NLTM think strong choice, lyrical content and production stand out…. I think I need to double check all the links I send her or if she’s accidentally clicking on other songs because chile.. the lack of taste… sksks

Scores: 

Speezy: 7

As Rupaul once said, "m*h"

TinashE - This Feeling

@EriKills

Tbh I kind of spaced out.. I had to restart and read the lyrics.. now upon doing that, let me tell you something…. It’s not the worst but definitively not the best. I didn’t feel anything. There was no story as Speezy mentioned. They know Tinashe’s discography and they think there’s better. NLTM think strong choice, lyrical content and production stand out…. I think I need to double check all the links I send her or if she’s accidentally clicking on other songs because chile.. the lack of taste… sksks

Scores: 

Speezy: 7

Edited by xBoySelenatorx
fix

:bibliahh:fiercE being tagged, the capital E at the end of the name

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.