• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• xBoySelenatorx

• Sabbath

• luckystrike

• Yvess

Can we postpone until tomorrow? Personal issues going on rn but I should be good tomorrow morning 

Welcome to Week 2: Elimination Day

Today we will take a look at the acts who landed in the bottom this past Sunday. Round 2 consisted of summer songs. Some acts hit it right on the head while other acts struggled to provide a summer tune. As we all remember, Miley Cyrus came in first place after landing in the bottom the previous week. Lady Gaga, a high placed act during week one is now in the bottom in week two. We have a repeated act in the bottom, Lea Michele, an act who landed in the bottom in week one due to a low score from the judge in charge of the secret vote. Lea is now in the bottom because her summer choice was not as strong as the other submissions. Last we have Ariana Grande, a mid-pack act in week one, but due to her summer entry, she landed in the bottom. Her entry earned her the lowest score we've had, a three. 

Which of these acts will stay in this double elimination episode?

Lea Michele vs Lady Gaga vs Ariana Grande

Ariana Grande - @Bawdee

Ariana Grande did not submit a live performance. Now there's no really excuse, it's week two. I'm sorry darling, but you have been eliminated from this competition.

1 minute ago, xBoySelenatorx said:

Ariana Grande - @Bawdee

Ariana Grande did not submit a live performance. Now there's no really excuse, it's week two. I'm sorry darling, but you have been eliminated from this competition.

:dies:

3 minutes ago, xBoySelenatorx said:

Ariana Grande - @Bawdee

that’s what she gets for sending Popular Song :rip:

1 minute ago, luckystrike said:

that’s what she gets for sending Popular Song :rip:

my thoughts exactly. Maybe she felt so much guilt over that, that she self-sabotaged herself :-*

Just now, fiercE said:

Soo,, does that mean the others are safe or is there someone who did not send either?

Another elimination!

Difference was TWO points :gaycat5:

Lady Gaga - @Noah

Paparazzi - LIVE at the VMA's:

Critiques: 

We all know that this performance is the definition of ICONIC, no one can deny that and we're not going to discuss that. What I will discuss is that although performance wise - from the choreo, looks, blood, ect were all GREAT, the vocals here were not her best. Maybe it's her trying to put emotion but in this case for me they were a bit off. @Yvess thinks that the theatrics alone deserve all the love in the world. While that is true, I think there's other factors that SHOULD be judged. @Speezy &  @Not Like The Movies agree with Yvess and think that it's one of, if not the best performance of her career. The talent and TABS jumped out.

Lea Michele - @Lukey

My Man - Live at the Barbra Streisand Tribute

Critiques:

I absolutely think that this should be the type of music she does. This compliments her voice so well and although there not much going on in the background, her voice here is enough to keep you listening. Honestly I loved this, great vocals. @Not Like The Movies cannot deny how vocally gifted she is. I agree with and glad that you keep showing us her strength and her ability to command the stage with just her voice.  @Yvess loves the flavor and finesse she exudes at the same time - adding her own touch and making it her song at some point. @Speezy also agree the vocals were powerful, but at times uncontrolled. I quite disagree, I think in some performances one or two misses are okay, and I think this is a case where we can get passed that. Speezy also thought that her vocals were not good enough - lacking a bit of presence. 

Now it's time to reveal the judges scores and see who will stay. Will it be Lea Michele - an act with undeniable talent, but has not made the best song selections so far? Or will it be Lady Gaga - an act we thought would be a front-runner but is now in the bottom in week two?

Below are the final results:

xBoyx:

Spoiler

Lady Gaga: 8 - Total 8

Lea Michele: 10 - Total 10

NLTM

Spoiler

Lady Gaga: 9 - Total 17

Lea Michele: 9 - Total 19

Yvess

Spoiler

Lady Gaga: 10 - Total 27

Lea Michele: 9 - Total 28

Speezy

Spoiler

Lady Gaga: 10 - Total 37

Lea Michele: 7 - Total 35

Spoiler

Congratulations Lady Gaga, this week you proved that you deserve to stay. An iconic performance saved you. Lea Michele, you have one of the most powerful vocals I've heard, completely underrated. I am curious about the rest of your catalog. I know this won't be the last time I hear you, that we all hear you, but for now, your time is up. I am sorry my dear, but you have been eliminated from Diversity. 

@luckystrike @Noah @fiercE @Psycho @Lukey @Girlicious @Overprotected @EriKills @Sabbath @mokitsu @wxvii @Touch It @kipperskipper

Spoiler

Artist Week 1 Week 2 Week 3 Week 4 Week 5 Week 6 Week 7 Week 8 Week 9 Week 10 Week 11 Semi-Final Finale
Mariah Carey 1st 7th                      
Tinashe 6th 2nd                      
Beyonce 3rd 4th                      
Years & Years 8th 2nd                      
Queen 3rd 6th                      
Janet Jackson 3rd 7th                      
Miley Cyrus 12th 1st                      
Ellie Goulding 6th 7th                      
Rihanna 9th 4th                      
Lady Gaga 2nd 12th                      
Taylor Swift 10th 10th                      
Mans Zelmerlow 14th 10th                      
Lea Michele 12th ELIM                      
Ariana Grande 10th ELIM                      
Lana Del Rey ELIM                        

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.