“Old Town Road” ties “One Sweet Day”, “Despacito”.

iHype.

ATRL's server is going to 503 so hard next week.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr.Fenty

• sammyk

• Mr. Loco

• boys

1 hour ago, ilovemusic432 said:

Not too shocked!

Even if it does beat one sweet day record, Mariah will still be at the longest running female for hot 100! 

miss britney once claimed gays are somewhat girls so idts 

20f3zhh_th.jpg

39 minutes ago, Bacardo said:

bittersweet since I'm a lamb, but I lowkey stan lil nas so congrats to him :clap3:

Same. Congrats Lil Nas. :clap3:

I don't even like the song that much, but a gay guy holding the record will be a big step for the community imo :clap3: 

Lil Nas :1stplace:

I’m not understanding the love for this song and I’m just not hearing what everyone else is hearing. The song just sounds sonically awful. I’m not trying to hate the artist at all, but it’s the worst song I’ve heard this entire decade. Unlistenable.

Congratulations. He definitely is going to break that record. :clap3:

*Listens to One Sweet Day to reminisce*

I feel like this will be a forgotten song in the future, much like Harlem Shake even though they have huge streams.

So many songs could have a deserved to break it: Uptown Funk, Shape of You, Closer, See You Again, even Despacito could have been better than Old Town Road.

2 hours ago, Mr. Duff said:

*Listens to One Sweet Day to reminisce*

I feel like this will be a forgotten song in the future, much like Harlem Shake even though they have huge streams.

So many songs could have a deserved to break it: Uptown Funk, Shape of You, Closer, See You Again, even Despacito could have been better than Old Town Road.

not you're saying that Shape Of You and Closer are more deserving :deadbanana:

2 hours ago, Mr.Fenty said:

not you're saying that Shape Of You and Closer are more deserving :deadbanana:

I feel like at least those songs are not pushed to "break" the record like Old Town Road, although I applaud Lil Nas since he did it.

From all those songs that were almost break the record, this song is the only song that I support.

The song deserves the record!

21 hours ago, Mr. Loco said:

At least is much better than those two songs that hold the current record... Closer should've been the one that broke the record tbh, or even Shape of you

What :bibliahh:

20 hours ago, americanlife said:

I am okay with her record being broken. She has held the record for over 20 years and she has shared it with several people for two years. It’s time to pass the torch.

For two years? She has shared it for 20 years with Boyz II Men. Y'all always forget to credit them when they are a part of this song. :deadbanana:

11 hours ago, Beatfreak said:

I’m not understanding the love for this song and I’m just not hearing what everyone else is hearing. The song just sounds sonically awful. I’m not trying to hate the artist at all, but it’s the worst song I’ve heard this entire decade. Unlistenable.

aubebt.thumb.jpg.c0862ff56d190ed0f330b9a88dd7ede5.jpg

I can’t at the fact those free Spotify streams kept this song alive OTR will never have the pure sales Mariah and Justin had nor will it ever have that radio pop #1 record cause it was dropped by pop so fast.. it’s a fake manufactured #1 kept afloat by free Spotify ads from kfc and O Reilly’s auto parts 

But I’ll take a meme song keeping all that trash from hitting number 1 any day lmao 

6 minutes ago, Alienshapeshifter said:

I can’t at the fact those free Spotify streams kept this song alive OTR will never have the pure sales Mariah and Justin had nor will it ever have that radio pop #1 record cause it was dropped by pop so fast.. it’s a fake manufactured #1 kept afloat by free Spotify ads from kfc and O Reilly’s auto parts 

Of course it doesn't have the sales Mariah had, as nobody buys songs anymore, times change. And Bieber didn't have the radio pop #1 record because his song wasn't even a pop song. Keep mad at the spotify streams, because billboard is a popularity chart, and those streams are what people actually listen.

2 hours ago, Mr. Duff said:

I feel like at least those songs are not pushed to "break" the record like Old Town Road, although I applaud Lil Nas since he did it.

Shape Of You had even more remixes than OTR tbh

19 minutes ago, Alienshapeshifter said:

OTR won't reach Mariah in sales but it's been unstoppable on iTunes so it'll outsell Despacito sooner or later

Deserved. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.