• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• slw84

• DG1

• scheibe

• its_britney_bitch

Reading through this whole thread I’m starting to realize how much of a DISASTER this is.... I mean I’m really one of the biggest OGHs on here but Gaga really DID that and the Hive has made a complete fool of themselves 

43 minutes ago, GorgeousRep said:

Are her fans refusing to buy the album? :skull:

Personally, I just don't see the point. Why do I need to buy it when I have access to it on Spotify?

1 hour ago, Rico Shameless v2 said:

Will she be alright? Part of Beyoncé’s decline and inability to play with the top girls has been her stubbornness. The amount of misfires and dumb decisions she makes is burying her in the eyes of the buying public. And obviously the fanbase isn’t strong enough to ensure consistent success. Like if Taylor can still pull 1m an album, The Hive - most notorious and mentioned fanbase in the media, should be able to ensure she does 100k for a project. But her total sales haven’t been impressive compared to the top selling peers she’s grouped with. And obviously she doesn’t have the hits anymore.

I mean, yeah. She can do a stadium tour w/JAY every 18 months and gross $250m with 30 shows but everybody ain’t seeing them live (nor have the funds), and most haven’t even heard half of her music from the 2010s. The amount of people I saw excited that Lemonade finally hit streaming showcases that.

I guess she’ll be alright if her path is to chillax and not further her legacy.

The Hive can be quite tiresome in their expectations of her and the defiance they have for whatever she does when it doesn't match what they wanted. It's quite rare that a fanbase doesn't want their fave to release new music, and with the rumours of a joint album and even the announcement of it, the Hive did just that. Many didn't support her for that very reason, and I just saw on Twitter today a bunch of people talking about not supporting The Gift because it's not B7.

She definitely needs to re-evaluate her plan and what she wants to accomplish, but I think she'll be fine considering the "decline" in chart stats aside from singles has been for side-projects and regarding singles has first and foremost been blocked by her own tactics.

As for Taylor, I think comparing her to this is quite different, manly because she makes a far more commercial type of music that is not in the least bit controversial (the most controversial thing she did was go full pop). She also loves her multiple-month pre-order time in which she releases multiple singles to attain a strong first week. It's a smart move and lots of people do that, but it's partly why she can get those huge debuts.

I'd say that since 2012 she really has gone her own way that few if any other popstars are following and carved a lane for herself that goes beyond needing chart success to be successful. The fact that her last solo #1 was a decade ago despite still dominating pop culture shows that.

so 'side project no one asked for' Everything is Love's sales are better than The Gift's SPS

1 hour ago, HANZ94 said:

I think this confirms that her Tidal numbers were pure lies 

cause physical sales and Spotify numbers disagree with everything posted my Tidal 

*pretends to be shocked*

Seriously how is the Hive letting happen fkgdff :rip:

'BEYONCE: More (EP)' debuted with 71K in 2014, and it literally had 2 new songs and 4 remixes. 

1 hour ago, GorgeousRep said:

Are her fans refusing to buy the album? :skull:

I clicked that damn e-mail from her thinking it was available for physical purchase, so to be petty I'm going to listen to it with a illegally downloaded version until she does.

Oh. Ive kinda been streaming WWAFAWDWG all week. :mandown:

30 minutes ago, swissman said:

I'd say that since 2012 she really has gone her own way that few if any other popstars are following and carved a lane for herself that goes beyond needing chart success to be successful. The fact that her last solo #1 was a decade ago despite still dominating pop culture shows that.

THIS. No one understands this about Bey. They act like she;s sitting here crying lol girl, she's one of the most successful acts of all time. You can't even compare her to TS (pop, inoffensive music that is rather boring IMO) or Lady Gaga (who had her own decline before she ASIB)...

Bey is just fine.

3 minutes ago, SeeingStars1515 said:

THIS. No one understands this about Bey. They act like she;s sitting here crying lol girl, she's one of the most successful acts of all time. You can't even compare her to TS (pop, inoffensive music that is rather boring IMO) or Lady Gaga (who had her own decline before she ASIB)...

Bey is just fine.

You are right. Taylor actually writes her own music and can get hits with them. 

Edited by Reza

It sucks, the album is not bad but its rollout was so messy but well the reality is sometimes you lose.gif

I honestly...don't get it. How is Beyoncé doing almost 10k sales with a new record? How is she struggling to outsell Billie's 17th week?! Someone without a decent fanbase yet. Even if it's not her studio album it simply makes no sense :deadbanana2:

Tidal is under investigation so they probably couldn't "help" these sales this time, just like every release after Lemonade but still...she sells out stadiums.  

She is everywhere this week with the #1 movie of the week in the world and USA. 

Why is this failing and also TLK soundtrack? :deadbanana4:

She's...Beyoncé. This is the USA. Her home. Homecoming did great no matter what ATRL says. Everything Is Love was kind of the beginning of something bad happening but this...is worse. 

And i say this as a someone that likes her. 

Beyonce: 617,213 SPS (3 days sales of digital copies)

Lemonade: 653,000 SPS (full week of sales + those shady Tidal numbers)

Everything is Love: 123,000 SPS

The Gift: Aound 50,000 SPS 

I never thought i'd imagine Bey needing the ticket bundle strategy in her 30's to get a #1 album...but it needs to happen next era if she doesn't want her first solo studio album to miss the #1 :psyduck:

29 minutes ago, Mother Earth said:

The Gift for the fans indeed

where, where are they?

Wow, this is a genuinely awful result & very sad for someone who is supposed to be so iconic & still in their prime.

Love seeing the egg drip all over the Hive's faces as they clamor & reach & shift & bend to shape this in their favor in any way.

21 minutes ago, Reza said:

You are right. Taylor actually writes her own music and can get hits with them. 

Sure if writing about losing a guy in every song is your thing ---and cringey lines like "shade never made anyone less gay" lol

1 minute ago, Ice Cream Skies said:

Wow, this is a genuinely awful result & very sad for someone who is supposed to be so iconic & still in their prime.

Love seeing the egg drip all over the Hive's faces as they clamor & reach & shift & bend to shape this in their favor in any way.

Prime? you mean albums 1-6 were not her prime? lol

1 hour ago, Leptine said:

Beyond tragic.

The fact that she is fighting for a second place with a 4 months old album by a newcomer, I-

:deadbanana4:

BEYONCE out of all people.... might be doing LESS than a 4 MONTH OLD FEMALE DEBUT ALBUM.

I am surprised she still pulls these messy, random release strategies. It's not 2016 anymore. You can't get away with stuff like this anymore. #NotMyBeyonce

Edited by americanlife

We, The Lions, have decided to skip the album and enjoy its greatness in Dolby Audio at the cinemas

Image result for atrl beyonce the lion king gif

jokes aside, I really thought Beyoncé was one of the very few female pure sellers left (along with Adele, Taylor and Gaga to an extent) but... :deadbanana4:

4 minutes ago, SeeingStars1515 said:

Sure if writing about losing a guy in every song is your thing ---and cringey lines like "shade never made anyone less gay" lol

I would take Taylor's cringey lines any day over other people's cringey lines that age like milk like "Top 2 and i ain't number 2" or "If I gave two ****s about streaming numbers would have put Lemonade up on Spotify" :rofl:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.