HDD:Ed Sheeran 2x #1 73k, Beyoncé #3 50/12k, TLK #14

Renan90

@JawBreaker

Imagine thinking a R&B dance challenge is what's in nowadays.

Taylor had 10X the promo of Before I Let Go and the Netflix special promoted the album, not a specific song.

"Bubblegum pop" R&B as a whole is bombing. Only a few artists like Khalid are pulling numbers. 

a859b62cb8f763ab6396079640076f1a0784c43a

• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• slw84

• DG1

• scheibe

• its_britney_bitch

17 minutes ago, Armani? said:

@JawBreaker

Taylor had 10X the promo of Before I Let Go and the Netflix special promoted the album, not a specific song.

"Bubblegum pop" R&B as a whole is bombing. Only a few artists like Khalid are pulling numbers. 

50k :lmao:

8 hours ago, Sexy Boy said:

So is it a "side project" now?

Or a gift for the fans?

Not gonna lie... Those numbers for a brand new album associated with TLK are horrible.

Advanced issues found

6 minutes ago, Armani? said:

@JawBreaker

sweetie R&B is bigger than bubblegum pop in 2019, especially in the US. Taylor is the only artist charting with bubble gum pop songs in 2019. R&B songs chart with ease on the Hot100. THe last bubble gum pop song to chart was maybe like one of those Meghan trainor songs from 2016. Imagine claiming that R&B is bombing in 2019 to make your faves number look good...

@JawBreaker

Have you seen the charts?

There is currently 2 R&B songs in the top 40 of the Hot 100 compared to 14 or 15 POP songs

Literally what?

2 minutes ago, Armani? said:

@JawBreaker

Have you seen the charts?

There is currently 2 R&B songs in the top 40 of the Hot 100 compared to 14 or 15 POP songs

Literally what?

bubblegum pop is a tad bit different from POP sweetie. stop playing dumb. Also most of those rap songs are infused with R&B. List me the last pure bubble gum pop songs to chart?? But I can name the 100's of R&B tho...

18 minutes ago, JawBreaker said:

bubblegum pop is a tad bit different from POP sweetie. stop playing dumb. Also most of those rap songs are infused with R&B. List me the last pure bubble gum pop songs to chart?? But I can name the 100's of R&B tho...

Pop, bubblegum pop, still the same category.

Most?

List these so called R&B rap songs

Truth Hurts, Sunflower, Suge, Money In The Grave, Old Town Road. Act Up, Wow, Goodbyes, Pop Out, Ransom, Panini, London, Middle Child, Shotta Flow, Pure Water, 

You have to choose 8:clown:

WTF :ahh: :ahh: :ahh: karma biting hives ass for months off bragging holy ****

in all seriousness, you know pure sales are dead when even the hive doesn’t buy albums.

We warned the hive with EIL, they didnt listen, they blamed it on jay :ahh:

We warned them with the homecoming mess and media being insufferable, they didnt listen  :ahh:

And now here we are :ahh: 20k pure :ahh:  shouldnt hive be buying the damn album instead of screaming 'beys liok kin!!@£@£ ? :ahh:

Her third BOMB in a row, if this isnt a wake-up call i dont know what is. 

7 minutes ago, Yanko said:

We warned the hive with EIL, they didnt listen, they blamed it on jay :ahh:

We warned them with the homecoming mess and media being insufferable, they didnt listen  :ahh:

And now here we are :ahh: 20k pure :ahh:  shouldnt hive be buying the damn album instead of screaming 'beys liok kin!!@£@£ ? :ahh:

Her third BOMB in a row, if this isnt a wake-up call i dont know what is. 

no matter what sis, she will always be above your fave. an Oscar wont change that.

QgJJJFH.gif%20

It’s not as though the 2019 LK soundtrack was doing much on the charts in itself regardless. The 1994 original soundtrack was the best selling Disney soundtrack of all time, people obviously weren’t breaking heels to experience anything new other than Spirit. It was no “circle of life” but even the new rendition of COL did nothing on the charts this time around. Once I saw how lackluster the soundtrack was fairing on the charts I knew The Gift wasn’t going to smash unless she catered to the kids, which she’d never do. She delivered a Afrobeat/hip hop conceptual album for a Disney movie, it’s not exactly what anyone expected nor does it appeal to the vast majority of the viewers. It’s not hard to believe these numbers, though I expected 100k+ 

25 minutes ago, Yanko said:

It takes a special level of bitter pettiness to be bothered by Beyonce supposed "media propaganda"

What's so hard about scrolling past an article? the mute option?:rip:

Or perhaps this is a personal issue? Still in your feels about those Gaga understudy jokes?

__

Beyonce is the most polarizing figure in entertainment..  These are great numbers considering the social climate as of late.  :clap3:

Edited by mdnazn

7 hours ago, rp662 said:

Didn’t the surprise release/digital drop change the game? :siptea:

:cm::!ohno:

10 hours ago, Lipgloss said:

The movie is grossing 200 million but she can't even pull 100k????? She's really over :laugh:

Dddddd thot soundtracks do really good especially big blockbusters like effin lion king? :ahh:

59 minutes ago, Saint luv said:

no matter what sis, she will always be above your fave. an Oscar wont change that.

QgJJJFH.gif%20

My fave’s last 3 albums all went #1 and did more than 200k first week unlike ur fave...hell even a jazz album did more than the gift :ahh:

Probably the biggest BOMB of the year.

Even Bebe Rexha would've gotten better sales if she was responsible for the soundtrack.

9 hours ago, Selena’s Bad Liar said:

Omg :skull: 

Deserves more tbh. I just listened to the album and I was mesmerized. Beyoncé is truly magical.

I’m happy for her debuting at #1 :clap3: 

The hive giving excuses for these numbers bc its afro beat and r&b and that’s not in currently (which r&b still is but whatever)...let’s not forget that Gaga pulled 130k with a JAZZ ALBUM in 2014 when All About The Bass and Shake It Off were smashing...there is no excuse :skull:

39 minutes ago, artangel said:

Dddddd thot soundtracks do really good especially big blockbusters like effin lion king? :ahh:

ASIB did 230k

Black Panther did 150k

Suicide Squad did 180k

:mandown:

I'm not sure why this one isn't pulling anywhere close to these numbers.

Edited by Lipgloss

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.