HDD: Ed 60-80k Pure 140-170k SPS

Minogue

Screaming@ the people defending this.. obviously Mr Ed is losing his spark... IDC was only a ""hit"" bc he had JB on it and it was a comeback from his last successful era with huge amounts of promo & payola.. every other song flopped.. and now these numbers are the last nail in the coffin... He's gone for good.. he should've NEVER blew up the way he did tbh.. everyone liked him for his cute/cozy vibes and when he blew up it was just annoying and too mainstream. 

OT: even witness did better :priceless:

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• iHype.

• QueenBLadyG

• PrettyHurts

• Cherry123

8 minutes ago, QueenBLadyG said:

So? We aren't talking about their streaming figures. This is first week numbers, and it debuted during the streaming era while the other four didn't. One sold less than 100k more, and another sold a little more. EILs debut isn't that terrible, especially since no one asked for it.

h5IXZA6.gif

Debuted during the streaming era... and did terrible streaming numbers first week. 

The others managed to do decent to great sales first week in the sales era.

What is the logic you're trying to serve to make EIL's numbers look good... :rip: The fact you ended up being the one making terrible excuses. :toofunny3:

I guess Jay-Z & Beyonce collaborating just wasn't in demand as a Jay-Z & Linkin Park live collab album.

h5IXZA6.gif

Just now, iHype. said:

Debuted during the streaming era... and did terrible streaming numbers first week. 

The others managed to do decent to great sales first week in the sales era.

What is the logic you're trying to serve to make EIL's numbers look good... :rip: The fact you ended up being the one making terrible excuses. :toofunny3:

I guess the most powerful couple in the world just wasn't in demand as a Jay-Z & Linkin Park live collab album.

h5IXZA6.gif

Please make it make sense. I don't care how it did on streaming as that wasn't the point of the thread or my comment. 

Where it debuted and with what figures is what I'm referring to and no amount of idiocy and clownery you resort to is going to change that. It debuted with 123k units and that's not that less than two that were released before the streaming era. 

h5IXZA6.gif

oh how the mighty have fallen

People here are really saying this is good? There are billboards with ads for this album everywhere in Milan, yet it's barely charting on Spotify Italy. The geepee has clearly lost interest in this one-trick pony.

h5IXZA6.gif

32 minutes ago, iHype. said:

Jay-Z's past collab albums:

Watch the Throne - 436,000 first week

Collision Course - 368,000 first week

Unfinished Business - 215,000 first week

The Best of Both Worlds - 285,000 first week

h5IXZA6.gif

I’m CACKLING 

not albums from 8-17 years ago :skull:

EIL was a surprise album that not even Beyoncé or Jay Z’s stans wanted much less casual listeners

Just admit that just because an artist is big and beloved doesn’t mean that their side projects are going to be interesting to the GP. Ed is still massive if this album debuts with less than 200k sps and it has little bearing on his next proper solo studio album,  just like Bey :flower:

Just now, QueenBLadyG said:

Please make it make sense. I don't care how it did on streaming as that wasn't the point of the thread or my comment. 

Where it debuted and with what figures is what I'm referring to and no amount of idiocy and clownery you resort to is going to change that. It debuted with 123k units and that's not that less than two that were released before the streaming era. 

h5IXZA6.gif

You just said: 123K is 'not less' than 210K and 223K. :deadbanana:

And you have the nerve to say 'make it make sense'. :deadbanana4:

Didn't LEMONADE open with her highest first week, while in the streaming era. :celestial5: 

Didn't they hold the album off Spotify/Apple Music for a few days to make people buy it? Just to sell a whopping 70K pure. :celestial5:

3 minutes ago, PrettyHurts said:

I’m CACKLING 

EIL was a surprise album that not even Beyoncé or Jay Z’s stans wanted much less casual listeners

Just admit that just because an artist is big and beloved doesn’t mean that their side projects are going to be interesting to the GP. Ed is still massive if this album debuts with less than 200k sps and it has little bearing on his next proper solo studio album,  just like Bey :flower:

"Jay-Z and Beyonce's stans did not want to hear them collaborate"

*On the Run 2 Tour grosses $253 million the same year*

:deadbanana4::deadbanana4::deadbanana4::deadbanana4::deadbanana4::deadbanana4::deadbanana4::deadbanana4::deadbanana4:

Yes, they did NOT want a collab, but spent $500 to see them perform collabs together.

:deadbanana4::deadbanana4::deadbanana4::deadbanana4:

Just now, iHype. said:

Didn't LEMONADE open with her highest first week, while in the streaming era. :celestial5: 

Didn't they hold the album off Spotify/Apple Music for a few days to make people buy it? Just to sell a whopping 70K pure. :celestial5:

You aren't done yet?  I've already said what I said. Get over it and move on, boo. I have. 

h5IXZA6.gif

1 minute ago, iHype. said:

:deadbanana4::deadbanana4::deadbanana4::deadbanana4::deadbanana4::deadbanana4::deadbanana4::deadbanana4::deadbanana4:

Yes, they did NOT want a collab, but spent $500 to see them perform collabs together.

Yes, that's exactly how all of the hive on atrl felt. None of us bought the damn album.

5 minutes ago, PrettyHurts said:

I’m CACKLING 

And they can't read or are lacking reading comprehension :skull:

"It debuted with 123k units and that's not that less than two that were released before the streaming era." somehow became me saying, h5IXZA6.gif

1 minute ago, QueenBLadyG said:

Can y'all stop fighting about Beyoncé and rejoyce the fact that Ed Sheeran is underperforming heavily?

h5IXZA6.gif

Just now, Timber said:

Yes, that's exactly how all of the hive on atrl felt. None of us bought the damn album.

ATRL hive = entire fanbase of millions, wow.

Bottomline: EIL had all the prior steps to be a hit collab album.

- The artists who collab'd were a KNOWN brand

- The artists who collab'd had countless hits prior

- The artists who collab' d currently had a huge tour

- One of the artists had multiple huge collab albums

And it still bombed and did barely 100K. There was nothing good about the numbers under any circumstance. :skull:

If Ed Sheeran & Taylor released multiple hits, then did a tour together that sold out stadiums, and released an album that did barely 100K they'd be massacred too. This Ed collab album isn't the same circumstances. 

We all knew that The Carters album was coming anytime and Beyonce and Jay-Z picked the perfect time to release it, after their Lemonade and 4:44 scandal. The album was a huge FLOP compared to Ed´s album that got no promotion at all, and no one asked for or expected to be released.

And let´s not even get into the total units the album did...

h5IXZA6.gif

OT: Could have been worse, congrats :clap3:

5 minutes ago, QueenBLadyG said:

And they can't read or are lacking reading comprehension :skull:

"It debuted with 123k units and that's not that less than two that were released before the streaming era." somehow became me saying, h5IXZA6.gif

"It debuted with 123k units and that's not less"

You literally said that. :deadbanana4: How is it NOT less?

You could've said it's more impressive or bigger for its time (which it isn't), and then you wouldn't have been factually lying. 

4 minutes ago, iHype. said:

So what exactly is the point that you’re trying to make by posting their very impressive tour gross? That Beyoncé and Jay z are way bigger than what EIL sold? Because I completely agree! Just like how Ed is going to have the literal biggest tour of all time but comparatively weak album sales with this project. Sometimes that just happens. A reverse example would be Rihanna not selling out arenas in the US while having a 9 week #1 there. Was she secretly a flop because her tour underperformed? No, just for some reason it went over peoples heads or they weren’t interested at the time. 

The same people defending this are going to be the same people who will drag Beyoncé next week for not selling 500K

h5IXZA6.gif

Lmao the fact that he is only surpassing a jazz collaboration album first week sales by 10k-30k and most of them come from spamming on streaming services... 

2 minutes ago, iHype. said:

"It debuted with 123k units and that's not less"

You literally said that. :deadbanana4: How is NOT less?

You could've said it's more impressive or bigger for its time (which it isn't), and then you wouldn't have been factually lying. 

it says, "that's not that less". :rip::dies: 

Are you blind, ignorant, dumb, or just trolling? I'm seriously concerned. Perhaps you need glasses? Like I said. Either you can't read or you lack reading comprehension.

h5IXZA6.gif

Edited by QueenBLadyG

1 minute ago, Miracle said:

Lmao the fact that he is only surpassing a jazz collaboration album first week sales by 10k-30k and most of them come from spamming on streaming services... 

Gaga really is the only one who can make collab albums :clap3:

5 minutes ago, Cherry123 said:

We all knew that The Carters album was coming anytime and Beyonce and Jay-Z picked the perfect time to release it, after their Lemonade and 4:44 scandal. The album was a huge FLOP compared to Ed´s album that got no promotion at all, and no one asked for or expected to be released.

And let´s not even get into the total units the album did...

h5IXZA6.gif

OT: Could have been worse, congrats :clap3:

No we did not know it was going to happen :skull: pls stop. It was a surprise even to fans and we we’re not gleefully anticipating it..neither was the GP. Most of the beyhive was begging for them to stop collaborating. The album was not even recorded until a month after tickets went on sale and they barely performed songs from it 

9 minutes ago, KillingYourCareer said:

Can y'all stop fighting about Beyoncé and rejoyce the fact that Ed Sheeran is underperforming heavily?

h5IXZA6.gif

This!! Like I’m a stan but EIL bombed no two ways about it. Let’s leave that stain in the past, lets look to the NOW & let’s celebrate Mr Ugly Sheeran’s downfall :party:

These numbers are pretty horrible after Divide, collab album or not. With such high profile collabs, you'd think it could do better than like... Cheek to Cheek territory :skull: He has so many huge (streaming) names on this album. 

I don't think people have really been hyped for it though. I didn't even realize the Bieber collab was the lead single for an album until last week or so, ddd. Thought it was just a random one-off.

13 minutes ago, PrettyHurts said:

So what exactly is the point that you’re trying to make by posting their very impressive tour gross? That Beyoncé and Jay z are way bigger than what EIL sold? Because I completely agree! Just like how Ed is going to have the literal biggest tour of all time but comparatively weak album sales with this project. Sometimes that just happens. A reverse example would be Rihanna not selling out arenas in the US while having a 9 week #1 there. Was she secretly a flop because her tour underperformed? No, just for some reason it went over peoples heads or they weren’t interested at the time. 

"What is the point"?... :rip:

You said their fanbase did NOT want them to collab. They grossed $250 million performing on a collaboration tour. 

How did their fanbase NOT want a collab?... :rip: That is literally proof they were interested in a collab.

They are a huge brand (I've already said this), and they have huge demand together. Which is why 123K was a bomb. 

The album bombed despite the tour being huge, because the music was forgettable overall, they exhausted the surprise releasing, and once again she thought she was above doing any promotion/hyping. Which all comes down to them, not their fanbase 'not wanting a collab'.

13 minutes ago, QueenBLadyG said:

it says, "that's not that less". :rip::dies: 

Are you blind, ignorant, dumb, or just trolling? I'm seriously concerned. Perhaps you need glasses? Like I said. Either you can't read or you lack reading comprehension.

h5IXZA6.gif

Okay, it did almost 2x less than both... how is it 'not that less'. 

And again, those are two R. Kelly collabs you're focusing on, while excluding the other two. :skull: She did almost 2x less than R. Kelly collabs, and even more worse in comparison to Kanye & Linkin Park. What again is good about those numbers? She literally did worse than all 4.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.