ASIB surpasses 6M WW

Remixed

14 minutes ago, Vo_nguyen said:

The OGHs in here think they know better than Billboard. Delusional.

6,000,000 SPS worldwide isn't unbelievable. Here is the rough breakdown by my estimation.

-1.83 billion streams on Spotify = 1,220,000 units (1500 streams = 1 unit)

-Since Spotify is only about 50% percent of the streaming market we can safely assume that Apple Music, Amazon, google play streams are more of the same numbers = 1.80 billion streams = 1,200,000 units. (1500 streams = 1 unit)

-1.8b views on Youtube = 480,000 units (3750 views = 1 unit going by billboard's rule)

-The album sold 2.5 million+ of traditional pure sales (was at 1.9 millions pure by the end of 2018 according to ifpi)

That's overall of  5,400,000 units from streaming and pure sales. Now add in the TEA = Tracks equal album equivalent.

Shallows = 2,200,000  pure downloads = 220,000 units

ARUTW = 1,000,000  pure downloads = 100,000 units

INLA = 800,000 downloads = 80,000 units

The rest of the TEAs= 1,500,000 - 2,000,000 = 150,000 - 200,000 units

That's a total of 5,950,000 - 6,000,000 SPS units. Give or take 5% - 10% error rates

This, people are failing to realize each country chart use different formula to calculate numbers, BB don't use youtube numbers and UK official charts down weight the top streamed songs. When talking about global sales equivalents these restrictions don't apply 

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lovett

• MusicNews

• Yanko

• ViviLittleM

11 hours ago, MusicNews said:

So Gaga’s outselling 3 years and 2 years old albums in less than a year? Slayage i must say

Not really. Chartmaster always underestimate Asian market and excludes China where Reputation pulled at least 1.5M equivalent album sales there so ASIB is still behind Reputation overall. Anti doesn't have good stats in Asia but I believe the album still ahead of ASIB but the gap will be smaller in upcoming few months

I don’t really think that any of you know it better than billboard but whatever :rip: 

Gaga :clap3: 

53 minutes ago, badgirlriri said:

The title says 6m not 4m? That's why they're confused...

2m usa  and 4m outside of usa 

Thats 6m ww

11 hours ago, xtina1 said:

I follow mediatraffic and those numbers don't match up though..

interesting..indeed..

11 hours ago, JawBreaker said:

Well to be fair the other 2 laid ease never had a big budgeted movie accompanied with their projects. And it was all solo :michael:

11 hours ago, Spencer Pratt said:

And?

11 hours ago, istan4badgalriri said:

A number provided by Interscope Records, hmm.

Breakdown by biggest markets (official numbers provided by chart companies):

US - 2M

UK - 440K

France - 330K

Canada - 270K

Australia - 220K

Japan - 45K

= 3.3M

Where does the remaining 2.7M come from ? Malaysia & Estonia ? :eek: 

10 hours ago, yamiyuuuu said:

It's so funny to see stans and haters discussing made up numbers :dies:

7 hours ago, MrLovett said:

I'm intrigued by this as well. The soundtrack is hugely successful, but I wonder why the label are inflating the sales so much.

OGHs nightmare continues :smitten:

49 minutes ago, Coklek92 said:

Not really. Chartmaster always underestimate Asian market and excludes China where Reputation pulled at least 1.5M equivalent album sales there so ASIB is still behind Reputation overall. Anti doesn't have good stats in Asia but I believe the album still ahead of ASIB but the gap will be smaller in upcoming few months

And why does the “underestimating” applies only to those two?! That could mean Gaga has even more.. and with just one single ??

1 minute ago, MusicNews said:

And why does the “underestimating” applies only to those two?! That could mean Gaga has even more.. and with just one single ??

The problem here is Shallow/ASIB is not huge in Asia, you get it?

11 hours ago, JawBreaker said:

Well to be fair the other 2 laid ease never had a big budgeted movie accompanied with their projects. And it was all solo :michael:

To be fair Gaga only had one single, two high profile award show performances and still the album is outselling with barely any promo for the music. And let’s not act like bradley it’s a high profile pop artist like ed sheeran or drake and he gave gaga some success. The movie and the music smashed because TALENT, it could’ve flopped badly like other pop girl movies and soundtracks, deal with it. Stop being pressed

Just now, Coklek92 said:

The problem here is Shallow/ASIB is not huge in Asia, you get it?

And you know cos you say so? We’re all chart freaks not chart experts. Gaga is outselling and it’s a fact, move on, stop denying someone else’s success

1 minute ago, MusicNews said:

And you know cos you say so? We’re all chart freaks not chart experts. Gaga is outselling and it’s a fact, move on, stop denying someone else’s success

I'm living in Asia and honestly Shallow/ASIB barely made any impact here let alone a cultural event. Yeah, Shallow/ASIB did extremely well in Oceania, North America, Europe but it's another story in Asia. Anyway, you are the one questioning whether ASIB's success is comparable with Anti, Reputation and I just responding to it so why the defensive?

6 hours ago, Yanko said:

Theyre not

2m us so 4m outside is not a reach cause asib is extremely global 

Now run along. 

But where is the 4M coming from? Because the biggest countries sales have already been broken down and it's nowhere near 4M total. I'm not doubting the album is global, it's a big smash. I just don't understand where the figure has come from, because the numbers don't actually match up.

49 minutes ago, Mystic Boy said:

OGHs nightmare continues :smitten:

If you're not able to actually participate in the discussion, or explain where the additional 2.7M came from, don't bother quoting everyone. It makes you look childish. I've never been an OGH, I was genuinely asking a question.

1 hour ago, Vo_nguyen said:

The OGHs in here think they know better than Billboard. Delusional.

6,000,000 SPS worldwide isn't unbelievable. Here is the rough breakdown by my estimation.

-1.83 billion streams on Spotify = 1,220,000 units (1500 streams = 1 unit)

-Since Spotify is only about 50% percent of the streaming market we can safely assume that Apple Music, Amazon, google play streams are more of the same numbers = 1.80 billion streams = 1,200,000 units. (1500 streams = 1 unit)

-1.8b views on Youtube = 480,000 units (3750 views = 1 unit going by billboard's rule)

-The album sold 2.5 million+ of traditional pure sales (was at 1.9 millions pure by the end of 2018 according to ifpi)

That's overall of  5,400,000 units from streaming and pure sales. Now add in the TEA = Tracks equal album equivalent.

Shallows = 2,200,000  pure downloads = 220,000 units

ARUTW = 1,000,000  pure downloads = 100,000 units

INLA = 800,000 downloads = 80,000 units

The rest of the TEAs= 1,500,000 - 2,000,000 = 150,000 - 200,000 units

That's a total of 5,950,000 - 6,000,000 SPS units. Give or take 5% - 10% error rates

Just now, MrLovett said:

But where is the 4M coming from? Because the biggest countries sales have already been broken down and it's nowhere near 4M total. I'm not doubting the album is global, it's a big smash. I just don't understand where the figure has come from, because the numbers don't actually match up.

If you're not able to actually participate in the discussion, or explain where the additional 2.7M came from, don't bother quoting everyone. It makes you look childish. I've never been an OGH, I was genuinely asking a question.

glad everything is cleared up! 

5 minutes ago, Yanko said:

glad everything is cleared up! 

It doesn't really, considering it doesn't match the reported figures from each country. But, sure. If that's how you want to try and end the discussion.

11 minutes ago, MrLovett said:

Oh sis Please :toofunny2:

And you ve been provided with receipts.... 

1 minute ago, Mystic Boy said:

Oh sis Please :toofunny2:

And you ve been provided with receipts.... 

I have actively and openly supported ASIB since it's release. I saw in the cinema twice and have been obsessed with the soundtrack. Sit down. You haven't participated in this discussion, just simply tried to stoke a stan war. The numbers don't match up, that's all I was asking about.

14 hours ago, UnusualBoy said:

9-10 million? It'd need to pull 4 million more, not happening, there's nothing promoting the album right now

Grammys are coming up

72zx.gif

14 hours ago, UnusualBoy said:

9-10 million? It'd need to pull 4 million more, not happening, there's nothing promoting the album right now

Grammys are coming up

72zx.gif

5 minutes ago, MrLovett said:

I have actively and openly supported ASIB since it's release. I saw in the cinema twice and have been obsessed with the soundtrack. Sit down. You haven't participated in this discussion, just simply tried to stoke a stan war. The numbers don't match up, that's all I was asking about.

Billboard literally provided you with the numbers and you're still doubting?

Some countries don't count free streams/video streams at all, some don't count TEAs numbers in their own certifications. But labels and the the majority of the press count those streams.

Edited by Vo_nguyen

Just now, Vo_nguyen said:

Billboard literally provided you with the numbers and you're still doubting?

Some countries don't count free streams/video streams at all in their own certifications. But labels and the press count them because why shouldn't they be counted?

Interscope Records provided the number, not Billboard. Billboard doesn't track global sales, so that would be a moot point.

We're not talking certifications though, we're talking tracked sales that the Liddos have provided in this very thread. The UK for example is less than 450k. With ASIB standing at 2M in the US, where does the remaining 4M come from? Because the tracked figures we have for the other big countries doesn't match that.

It's more than likely that the label have included shipments to inflate the figure.

2 minutes ago, MrLovett said:

Interscope Records provided the number, not Billboard. Billboard doesn't track global sales, so that would be a moot point.

We're not talking certifications though, we're talking tracked sales that the Liddos have provided in this very thread. The UK for example is less than 450k. With ASIB standing at 2M in the US, where does the remaining 4M come from? Because the tracked figures we have for the other big countries doesn't match that.

It's more than likely that the label have included shipments to inflate the figure.

Nowhere does it say that Interscope released those numbers. The article is written by Billboard.

This is not the 90s/2000s anymore, labels don't over-ship albums, the majority of ASIB numbers are from SEAs and TEAs.

Just now, Vo_nguyen said:

Nowhere does it say that Interscope released those numbers. The article is written by Billboard.

This is not the 90s/2000s anymore, labels don't over-ship albums, the majority of ASIB numbers are from SEAs and TEAs.

Billboard doesn't track global sales. Where exactly do you think they received the number from...?

Again, the total doesn't match up with the figures we already know from the album's biggest sales markets. I don't understand how you're not getting this. I'm not being obtuse here, I am genuinely looking for an explanation. There is a 2.7M difference there. We can feasibly say that 700k can be attributed to every other smaller country. That still leaves a 2M inflation.

2 minutes ago, MrLovett said:

Billboard doesn't track global sales. Where exactly do you think they received the number from...?

Again, the total doesn't match up with the figures we already know from the album's biggest sales markets. I don't understand how you're not getting this. I'm not being obtuse here, I am genuinely looking for an explanation. There is a 2.7M difference there. We can feasibly say that 700k can be attributed to every other smaller country. That still leaves a 2M inflation.

BB doesn't track globa sales, but ofcourse they have contact with everything that has to do with the charts :ace: 

This is billboard we are talking about, ofcourse they did some research before writing an article like this :ace: 

+ you got the explanation you asked for on the other page, but ofcourse you wouldn't see that, the hate you have towards Gaga turned you blind.

1 minute ago, cuneytb said:

BB doesn't track globa sales, but ofcourse they have contact with everything that has to do with the charts :ace: 

This is billboard we are talking about, ofcourse they did some research before writing an article like this :ace: 

+ you got the explanation you asked for on the other page, but ofcourse you wouldn't see that, the hate you have towards Gaga turned you blind.

Girl, get a grip. I'm having an actual discussion here. If you want to throw your toys out of the pram for not blindly believing figures that don't actually add up, then do it somewhere else.

Global album sales figures usually come from the record label. You think the article writers are busy contacting everyone around the world to find out the album sales in that country and then totalling it all up? :toofunny3: You're not new here, don't act so green.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.