• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ivan_brit

• Eóghan

• cityfolk

• JawBreaker

Top Posters In This Topic

Bundles have completely ruined the B200. I can't believe Billboard ever allowed them in the first place.

4 hours ago, Ivan_brit said:

BTS fans are so mad at Twitter :dies: 

Their fuming for real :toofunny3: damn.. they are going in on the Jonas bros nnn 

I'm bald!!!!! Their fans were always waiting for a comeback after all, so it's normal this kind of massive support :clap3:

Bundles making this nostalgia act appear 10x more successful than they actually are...can’t bring myself to congratulate them

6 minutes ago, INA said:

Bundles making this nostalgia act appear 10x more successful than they actually are...can’t bring myself to congratulate them

They recently had a #1 song. The exaggeration.

I’m alright with tour bundles. It’s a strategy and isn’t fraudulent. What’s a fraud is to have your album almost free just to get big debut numbers. At least tour bundles are much more expensive than that.

They are more relevant now than they ever were. Incredible! Kudos to them and their success.

5 minutes ago, jomarr said:

They recently had a #1 song. The exaggeration.

I’m alright with tour bundles. It’s a strategy and isn’t fraudulent. What’s a fraud is to have your album almost free just to get big debut numbers. At least tour bundles are much more expensive than that.

Sorry *7X

I don't get why people are so mad with bundles, none buy albums anymore, itunes will get shutdown soon and stores are stopping selling physicals copies. I think they should just tell how many of those copies are bundles and from streaming. 

A cheap $40-50 ticket >>> a $10 album.

Scorpion selling 401 copies :rip:

Thomas falling 17 positions ksksksk

Billie still sitting pretty at #2

a kii

On 6/14/2019 at 11:49 PM, shelven said:

Bundles have completely ruined the B200. I can't believe Billboard ever allowed them in the first place.

I support the bundles because using them helps sell acts' more actual albums, in what is otherwise now the most desolate of deserts. :!ohno:  I cannot access UK Mix, but I assume the >350 k albums is the best opening, and overall week so far in 2019?  If I have missed a better one-week opening/selling album, for 2019 (December 2018-now) please let me know.

Bundles just aren't indicative of current music popularity no matter what. Their album prob would've did similar to Zayn's album in first-week without bundles (150K~, maybeeee 200K), since Sucker performed pretty similar to PILLOWTALK.

Kylie Jenner could bundle an album with her makeup line and she'd sell 'millions' and have the biggest album of the year. That at its root shows just how messy the bundle system is. 

I bet something that messy will have to happen for Billboard to just finally realize the complete BS bundling is.

I doubt billboard will do anything other than adding redeem to merchandise bundle.

the thing is label/artist want bundle to get bigger sales, secure #1, brag numbers.

Billboard needs to please them, also they need chart hype/buzz for clicks.

it's super naive to anyone think people would buy those albums with that expensive tickets. nope. lol

lots of people, avg people go to concert for artist name and classics. they don't care about new music that much.

there's reason billboard made this current redeem system from previous "pay extra $15, get new album" feature. 

people didn't care. numbers don't lie

not to mention more than 50% don't even bother to redeem and get free album.

the ratio is up little bit, but it was estimated only 25% redeem it. lol

Edited by sadnews

2 hours ago, iHype. said:

Bundles just aren't indicative of current music popularity no matter what. Their album prob would've did similar to Zayn's album in first-week without bundles (150K~, maybeeee 200K), since Sucker performed pretty similar to PILLOWTALK.

Kylie Jenner could bundle an album with her makeup line and she'd sell 'millions' and have the biggest album of the year. That at its root shows just how messy the bundle system is. 

I bet something that messy will have to happen for Billboard to just finally realize the complete BS bundling is.

Aren't we basically getting that right now with the DJ Khaled lawsuit over energy drink bundles? :skull:

2 hours ago, iHype. said:

this

ticket bundles are ridiculous because everyone who is getting an album has most probably already consumed it. it’s not reflective of its actual performance

Kings :clap3: 

Happy for them and at the same time, it shows how BB’s chart isn’t accurate anymore

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.