"Bodak Yellow" Certifed 8x Platinum. Ties With "Super Bass"

iaintiffin

1 hour ago, PFRR said:

No it's not; it's still barley 9x platinum and has been stagnant for several years.

OT: Queen does it again :clap3: but Iggy needs to come thru and fight her record label to get Fancy finally certified Diamond and end them all!

Congrats to Cardi!! Well deserved!

But yes! We need Iggy to get them to certify Fancy Diamond finally!

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OnikaSlays

• Raver

• Badboidami

• Queen.

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, OnikaSlays said:

Ok then take out Starships, VVV, and PTA and my point still stands with the other 5 singles lmao

Meanwhile, TRAP is the biggest genre right now and Cardi’s TRAP singles still can’t crack the top 10. I guess their decline really must be on par then, huh?

No because she won a Grammy (something Nicki has never done) and got a top 3 this year... hardly a decline. Press is top 20 with no promo or video... Cardi is perfectly fine.

3 minutes ago, cityfolk said:

No because she won a Grammy (something Nicki has never done) and got a top 3 this year... hardly a decline. Press is top 20 with no promo or video... Cardi is perfectly fine.

Cardi won a Grammy during her first era, we’re talking about their second eras sweetie. Starships (a pop-rap song just like PM, so don’t try it) peaked at #4, but had way more longevity and impact than Please Me. So where do we go from here?

Edited by OnikaSlays

1 minute ago, OnikaSlays said:

Cardi won a Grammy during her first era, we’re talking about their second eras sweetie. Starships (a pop-rap song just like PM, so don’t try it) peaked at #4, but had way more longevity and impact than Please Me. So where do we go from here?

Luckily she did more before her "decline" than Nicki literally ever could, such as #1s and Grammys :eek:

Cardi has released very little since her first era, those being Girls Like You, Press, Please Me, Money, Clout (a feature with no promo), and Twerk (a feature with no promo). ALL of them went top 40 (Nicki had multiple singles fail to chart, and another handful that charted failed to even go top 40), and all of her songs as a lead (Press, Money, Please Me) went top 20 - Money being a 3x Plat eligible multi-week top 20. Even if you discount Girls Like You (although it came out months AFTER the album but before Ring was made "official") she is still very successful, and hasn't even released a lead single yet for her second album.

1 hour ago, Riri. said:

BY was a local hit, Super Bass was bigger WW 

Where :ahh: it was also local af 

11 minutes ago, cityfolk said:

Luckily she did more before her "decline" than Nicki literally ever could, such as #1s and Grammys :eek:

Cardi has released very little since her first era, those being Girls Like You, Press, Please Me, Money, Clout (a feature with no promo), and Twerk (a feature with no promo). ALL of them went top 40 (Nicki had multiple singles fail to chart, and another handful that charted failed to even go top 40), and all of her songs as a lead (Press, Money, Please Me) went top 20 - Money being a 3x Plat eligible multi-week top 20. Even if you discount Girls Like You (although it came out months AFTER the album but before Ring was made "official") she is still very successful, and hasn't even released a lead single yet for her second album.

Again, Cardi has the luxury of existing in a time where rap music is the top genre. Had she been a rap girl in 2012-2013, she would be doing similar numbers to Nicki. I mean Beez In The Trap and High School alone are lowkey urban classics, but obviously, the charts won’t show that.

9 minutes ago, ElectricFrancis said:

Super Bass:

Australia: 6

Canada: 6

Ireland: 16

NZ: 3

UK: 8

Bodak Yellow:

Australia: 33

Canada: 6

Ireland: 51

NZ: 23

UK: 24

Don’t y’all ever get tired of being loud and wrong? :toofunny2:

3 minutes ago, OnikaSlays said:

Again, Cardi has the luxury of existing in a time where rap music is the top genre. Had she been a rap girl in 2012-2013, she would be doing similar numbers to Nicki. I mean Beez In The Trap and High School alone are lowkey urban classics, but obviously, the charts won’t show that.

Should've could've would've.... 

Cardi isn't just "lucky," she is self-made, still thriving, and nothing Nicki ever accomplished in her time will change that. You can continue arguing yourself in circles, doesn't change the fact that Cardi's "second era" thus far has nowhere near any of the flops that Nicki did, and is shaping up to have just as many hits (with many more to come, as Cardi hasn't released an official lead single yet). 

Continue to fume, it still won't give your fave a #1 or Grammy :michael:

2 minutes ago, cityfolk said:

Should've could've would've.... 

Cardi isn't just "lucky," she is self-made, still thriving, and nothing Nicki ever accomplished in her time will change that. You can continue arguing yourself in circles, doesn't change the fact that Cardi's "second era" thus far has nowhere near any of the flops that Nicki did, and is shaping up to have just as many hits (with many more to come, as Cardi hasn't released an official lead single yet). 

Continue to fume, it still won't give your fave a #1 or Grammy :michael:

:bibliahh:

1 minute ago, OnikaSlays said:

:bibliahh:

Going from the pole to blowing up after L&HH, her social media presence, and mixtapes.... to grabbing #1s left and right, winning a Grammy, high profile collabs (Madonna, Bruno Mars, two of the biggest latin artists worldwide in J Balvin & Bad Bunny), huge celebrity status.... SEETHE

2 minutes ago, cityfolk said:

Going from the pole to blowing up after L&HH, her social media presence, and mixtapes.... to grabbing #1s left and right, winning a Grammy, high profile collabs (Madonna, Bruno Mars, two of the biggest latin artists worldwide in J Balvin & Bad Bunny), huge celebrity status.... SEETHE

all while not writing a single bar. I can’t even seethe tbh, literally one of the biggest music industry finesses ever :jonny5:

4 minutes ago, OnikaSlays said:

all while not writing a single bar. I can’t even seethe tbh, literally one of the biggest music industry finesses ever :jonny5:

She's credited first for writing on every single track on the album 

oh wow

was Bodak Yellow really that big? :rip:

good for her, tho

1 hour ago, ElectricFrancis said:

It wasn't. Girl lets not pull out the receipts. 

54 minutes ago, cityfolk said:

She's credited first for writing on every single track on the album 

Cardi has a ghostwriter sis and everytime it's brought up she always throw a curve ball. She never denies that she doesn't write her raps. 

6 minutes ago, Riri. said:

Cardi has a ghostwriter sis and everytime it's brought up she always throw a curve ball. She never denies that she doesn't write her raps. 

Prove it then. What I said is 100% accurate

6 minutes ago, cityfolk said:

Prove it then. What I said is 100% accurate

Cardi has a ghostwriter!!! You aren't blinded because you know its true. But you are in denial!!!

Jordan which is Cardi ghostwriter. Everybody can get credited on a song but when they do the least writing, which in this case, Cardi B. Cardi B has a song that is called be careful and Pardison wrote her verses. He had so many songs that he wrote her verses.

cardi-b-ghostwriter-1522768193.png

She was called out once during a performance and she never defends her writing she always say something like "I want to make money" AND she said on insta live saying people don't care if artists doesn't write their raps. I'm not going to go into detail when you know the TRUTH.

16 minutes ago, Riri. said:

Cardi has a ghostwriter!!! You aren't blinded because you know its true. But you are in denial!!!

Jordan which is Cardi ghostwriter. Everybody can get credited on a song but when they do the least writing, which in this case, Cardi B. Cardi B has a song that is called be careful and Pardison wrote her verses. He had so many songs that he wrote her verses.

cardi-b-ghostwriter-1522768193.png

She was called out once during a performance and she never defends her writing she always say something like "I want to make money" AND she said on insta live saying people don't care if artists doesn't write their raps. I'm not going to go into detail when you know the TRUTH.

Yikes at the meltdown :bibliahh:

Both Pardison & Cardi have said she writes.

I’ll take their word over ATRL Barb Riri :fan:

https://kysdc.com/3710716/pardison-fontaine-cardi-b-ghostwriter/amp/

And who gives a **** if she is in it for the money? So is Nicki and the rest of the mainstream rappers getting paid. 

God, I remember when this song was IT. What's crazy is now if you mention her this isn't even the song that comes to my mind anymore

7 minutes ago, Raver said:

Yikes at the meltdown :bibliahh:

Both Pardison & Cardi have said she writes.

I’ll take their word over ATRL Barb Riri :fan:

https://kysdc.com/3710716/pardison-fontaine-cardi-b-ghostwriter/amp/

And who gives a **** if she is in it for the money? So is Nicki and the rest of the mainstream rappers getting paid. 

Girl.... I bet its hard to find that Cardi says she DOES write her rap. Word from word.

YOU put yourself in THIS trap AND NOW YOU CAN'T GET OUT OF IT. DON'T START SOMETHING THAT YOU CAN'T FINISH SIS.

7 minutes ago, Riri. said:

Girl.... I bet its hard to find that Cardi says she DOES write her rap. Word from word.

YOU put yourself in THIS trap AND NOW YOU CAN'T GET OUT OF IT. DON'T START SOMETHING THAT YOU CAN'T FINISH SIS.

She has always been open about getting help with writing like ANY OTHER MAINSTREAM RAPPER, that includes your fav. 

:ahh:

10 minutes ago, Raver said:

She has always been open about getting help with writing like ANY OTHER MAINSTREAM RAPPER, that includes your fav. 

:ahh:

That tweet is a slap in her face to her main writer pardison, he said he wrote alot of Cardi's music. Every song on her album he is credited and which he writes Cardi's verse. He creates the flow, the bars, EVERYTHING. Cardi may wrote her songs on the mixtape probably not but it's cute that she trying to defend her writing when she always come to conclusion that she does and it backfires 

Since you want to bring Nicki in this HAVE you ever saw a video of Nicki discrediting writers or say something people don't care if you write your music or not, what WRITER would say that or hell, Nicki has a video of her actual writing.

Nicki said time to time she has writers that does her chorus but what she actually raps she WROTE IT.

1 minute ago, Riri. said:

That tweet is a slap in her face to her main writer pardison, he said he wrote alot of Cardi's music. Every song on her album he is credited and which he writes Cardi's verse. He creates the flow, the bars, EVERYTHING. Cardi may write her songs on the mixtape probably not but it's cute that she trying to defend her writing when she always come to conclusion that she does and it backfires 

Since you want to bring Nicki in this HAVE you ever saw a video of Nicki discrediting writers or say something people don't care if you write your music or not, what WRITER would say that or hell, Nicki has a video of her actual writing.

Nicki said time to time she has writers that does her chorus but what she actually raps she WROTE IT.

Lol at those little Nicki “writing” skits. They cute. :celestial3: It’s always the bitches that bark “I WRITE MY OWN ****” that have something to hide :fan:

Again, if you’re going to come out with bull**** at least have sources to back up your claims :ahh:

He creates the flow [SOURCE?]

the bars [SOURCE?]

EVERYTHING[SOURCE?]

That one user not knowing what the word “barely” means :deadbanana4:

___

Congratulations to Cardi. 

10 hours ago, Riri. said:

That tweet is a slap in her face to her main writer pardison, he said he wrote alot of Cardi's music. Every song on her album he is credited and which he writes Cardi's verse. He creates the flow, the bars, EVERYTHING. Cardi may wrote her songs on the mixtape probably not but it's cute that she trying to defend her writing when she always come to conclusion that she does and it backfires 

You just watched that video by Empressive channel didn't you? Using the same words and everything :dies:  you must be the dumbest user on this whole forum my god

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.