"Bodak Yellow" Certifed 8x Platinum. Ties With "Super Bass"

iaintiffin

33 minutes ago, PFRR said:

No it's not; it's still barley 9x platinum and has been stagnant for several years.

2 minutes ago, PFRR said:

Your post says Super Bass is "nearing" or "ALREADY" eligible for Diamond (10x platinum) while my response to you was stating that Super Bass is not even close to 9x platinum (stated by several industry execs in the past few years).

Also, if you are stating Super Bass is already eligible for Diamond, how is Bodak Yellow JUST getting certified 8x platinum indicating they are tied? :rip:

Complete moron.

So which one is it? :cm:

and not you trying to come for me with your limited reading comprehension skills :dies: the thread title clearly says “ties with Super Bass”, so I was correcting the OP.

complete MORON.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OnikaSlays

• Raver

• Badboidami

• Queen.

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Cheers said:

BODAK was perfection. A literal anthem. Everyone would go CRAZY when it came on. Ugh..Cardi doesn't steal flows like she used to :weeps:

Stealing? Honey, Kodak acknowledged it and also remixed himself the song. :deadbanana2:

Bodak is an anthem, really one of the best rap female songs of the last decade.

50 minutes ago, Raver said:

It’ll be diamond by the end of the year or early next year. 

Then I Like It & Girls Like You will follow suit :jonny5:

I just looked there and GLY is only 1x platinum??? Can't wait for them to update 

4 minutes ago, OnikaSlays said:

So which one is it? :cm:

and not you trying to come for me with your limited reading comprehension skills :dies: the thread title clearly says “ties with Super Bass”, so I was correcting the OP.

complete MORON.

If something is not even close to a 9x platinum certification that means it still stalled at 8x, regardless of not being updated for 6 years because it has nothing to upgrade to yet as the OP title states :ahh: I can’t tell if you’re really this stupid or this is a show 

But all 50 of y’all can continue having your weekly Super Bass streaming parties which haven’t nudged the song

11 minutes ago, Badboidami said:

I'm not sure if it's that easy to get a Diamond certification at all, tho. Check amount of songs which got those in the streaming era. Not much, huh? :)

But most importantly... Why the other girl who proclaims herself "Queen of Rap" was not able to make it to diamond till now, 10 years into her career? Especially with something new, released in "streaming era" if it's considered that easy? :rofl:

5 minutes ago, PFRR said:

If something is not even close to a 9x platinum certification that means it still stalled at 8x, regardless of not being updated for 6 years because it has nothing to upgrade to yet as the OP title states :ahh: I can’t tell if you’re really this stupid or this is a show 

But all 50 of y’all can continue having your weekly Super Bass streaming parties which haven’t nudged the song

You literally word for word said it’s “barely” 9x platinum. Do you not know what the word barely means? :skull:

Edited by OnikaSlays

15 minutes ago, Badboidami said:

I'm not sure if it's that easy to get a Diamond certification at all, tho. Check amount of songs which got those in the streaming era. Not much, huh? :)

But most importantly... Why the other girl who proclaims herself "Queen of Rap" was not able to make it to diamond till now, 10 years into her career? Especially with something new, released in "streaming era" if it's considered that easy? :rofl:

There’s a lower barrier to entry with steaming, arguably “Superbass” achieving the status it has this far when it was released (and got the bulk of its consumption) BEFORE streaming was big, is major in itself.  Common sense would tell you that if “Superbass” had come out now under the new certifications it most def would have achieved Diamond already.  Tracks get the most activity when they’re first released...not years down the road.  

And if youre comapring Nickis recent stuff to Cardi’s first album.  That’s a faulty comparison given she’s in her 9th year vs. someone who just got hot.  

So, no...your argument doesn’t make sense. 

8 minutes ago, OnikaSlays said:

And what about it? :psyduck:

5 minutes ago, professor2000 said:

There’s a lower barrier to entry with steaming, arguably “Superbass” achieving the status it has this far when it was released (and got the bulk of its consumption) BEFORE streaming was big, is major in itself.  Common sense would tell you that if “Superbass” had come out now under the new certifications it most def would have achieved Diamond already.  Tracks get the most activity when they’re first released...not years down the road.  

And if youre comapring Nickis recent stuff to Cardi’s first album.  That’s a faulty comparison given she’s in her 9th year vs. someone who just got hot.  

So, no...your argument doesn’t make sense. 

No honey, Bodak was crazily huge. Period.

Also... Nicki released Super Bass for her first album as well if I am not mistaken? Going by your way of assumption, why isn't it diamond already, then? It had about 10 years to get it. It didn't so chile. 

Edited by Badboidami

19 minutes ago, lepetitmonstr said:

An ACTUAL rap song being recognized:clap3:

The fact that Cardi didn’t have to resort to pop to accomplish this. Truly the queen of rap:bibliahh: 

Again...the climate of the industry is completely different.  Y’all just keep ignoring that simple yet MAJOR factor in why Cardi’s rap songs are charting well (trap running radio, etc)  But go off I guess :rip:

1 minute ago, Badboidami said:

No honey, Bodak was crazily huge. Period.

Also... Nicki released Super Bass during her first album as well if I am not right? Going by your way of assuming, why isn't it diamond already, then? It had about 10 years to get it. It didn't so chile.

Yes, it was huge...but so was “Superbass” in a different climate.  It’s comparing apples to oranges. PERIOD. No one can really compare, but if I had to bet...I would think SB would be just as big (if not bigger) given it was mostly based on actual SALES, which is a higher engagement level than streaming.  

And I already gave you reason why it’s not Diamond yet (majority of consumption happens when a song is newly released).  

7 minutes ago, professor2000 said:

Again...the climate of the industry is completely different.  Y’all just keep ignoring that simple yet MAJOR factor in why Cardi’s rap songs are charting well (trap running radio, etc)  But go off I guess :rip:

Excuses.

12 minutes ago, Badboidami said:

And what about it? :psyduck:

You’re implying that streaming didn’t make it easier when only about 1/8 of its sales came from PURE SALES. That’s what about it :psyduck:

Edited by OnikaSlays

1 minute ago, OnikaSlays said:

You’re implying that streaming didn’t make it easier when only about 1/10 of its sales came from PURE SALES. That’s what about it :psyduck:

Pure sales are now kinda dead so was streaming during digital era. Is it that hard to understand? :psyduck:

2 minutes ago, Raver said:

Excuses.

Excuses?  In other words I hit yall with sound logic + reasoning and y’all have nothing to say in response :rip: 

1 hour ago, Katamari said:

oh wow a solo number one (multi-week at that) certified 8x plat :eek:

not everyone has that to be fair

The biggest female rap classic of the decade did that

GQCOr5J.gif

Mediocrity did that.

GQCOr5J.gif

Just now, professor2000 said:

Excuses?  In other words I hit yall with sound logic + reasoning and y’all have nothing to say in response :rip: 

Keep thinking that while you're making more excuses for your fav. 

"9th year vs someone who just got hot" as if we don't have artists like Drake, Rihanna, And Gaga who are all thriving in streaming. 

7 minutes ago, Badboidami said:

Pure sales are now kinda dead so was streaming during digital era. Is it that hard to understand? :psyduck:

10 minutes ago, Raver said:

Excuses.

1 hour ago, Ari29 said:

Album didn’t flop. Check

Selling records. Check

Getting plaques. Check 

Queen of Rap. Confirmed 

Lets talk about NOW.

Cancelling shows, PRESS is flopping,  Money didn't reach top 10. Looks like she's declining

part21.gif

46 minutes ago, Badboidami said:

Stealing? Honey, Kodak acknowledged it and also remixed himself the song. :deadbanana2:

Bodak is an anthem, really one of the best rap female songs of the last decade.

She used his type of flow and beat for BY don't play dumb sis. Cardi doesn't even write so what makes you think that she can come up with a flow

part21.gif

1 minute ago, Riri. said:

Lets talk about NOW.

Cancelling shows, PRESS is flopping,  Money didn't reach top 10. Looks like she's declining

Not as much as Nicki did during her second era. 

Cardi:

Please Me- #3

Money- #14

Press- #16

VS Nicki 

Starships- 5

Pound The Alarm- 15

Right By My Side- 51:skull:

Beez In The Trap- 48:skull:

Va Va Voom- 22

The Boys- N/A :bibliahh:

Freedom- N/A:bibliahh:

High School- 64:skull:

1 hour ago, PFRR said:

No it's not; it's still barley 9x platinum and has been stagnant for several years.

OT: Queen does it again :clap3: but Iggy needs to come thru and fight her record label to get Fancy finally certified Diamond and end them all!

Congrats to Cardi!! Well deserved!

But yes! We need Iggy to get them to certify Fancy Diamond finally!

15 minutes ago, Raver said:

Keep thinking that while you're making more excuses for your fav. 

"9th year vs someone who just got hot" as if we don't have artists like Drake, Rihanna, And Gaga who are all thriving in streaming. 

Bitches be pressed,

They knew how I'm coming, real bitch in the flesh :jamming:

GQCOr5J.gif

14 minutes ago, OnikaSlays said:

Excuses? You are trying to use an excuse of the different climate. I just said that it's equal, because we the times changed and it's proportional. What's not adding up? :psyduck:

8 minutes ago, Raver said:

Cardi:

Please Me- #3

Money- #14

Press- #16

VS Nicki 

Starships- 5

Pound The Alarm- 15

Va Va Voom- 22

Girl not you including Please me when it's not a solo from her. If that's the case Nicki had more than 2+ in the top ten during that era. So what are you trying to point out? And this is only the beginning of Cardi's downfall. Money, no top ten, press no top ten, it's looks like a domino effect to me. 

10 minutes ago, Raver said:

Cardi:

Please Me- #3

Money- #14

Press- #16

VS Nicki 

Starships- 5

Pound The Alarm- 15

Va Va Voom- 22

Money peaked at #13 and would’ve been top 10 if she didn’t take so long to release the video

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.