• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• VOSS

• iHype.

• feelslikeadream

• Fitzswiftie

I Gotta Feeling blocked 4 CLASSICS like that :deadbanana4: the domination was insane. Why the four of them didn’t stick together is beyond me especially because they are all on great terms. 

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like it’ll break the record with Taylor’s new song almost certainly debuting at #2 :duca: 

On 6/3/2019 at 8:58 PM, LoveLiveMusic said:

Old Town Road

Tik Tok

I Gotta Feeling

Poor Taylor. :skull:

Locked Out of Heaven blocked Trouble too. 

Happy Pride Month :heart2:

Not Mariah blocking Rihanna's debut :deadbanana2:

didn't i gotta feeling almost blocked poker face too :deadbanana2: 2009 was so wild :deadbanana2:

I really don’t like this song lol.

Khalid is going #2, yeah? So this has the record now?

Poor Taylor. YNTCD blocked too.

20 hours ago, Aurora said:

Khalid is going #2, yeah? So this has the record now?

It’ll probably block 7-8 songs in total :deadbanana4: 

Maybe it's just me but I'm so tired of this song. I don't get how people are still listening to it constantly.

On 6/3/2019 at 10:32 PM, Ivan_brit said:

Welll technically yes! However its not like Billie or Shawn are even close on points during their #2 peaks

they don't have to be close. If there was no existance of OTR Shawn and Billie would reach 1. As all of those songs from previous years. That's what Billboard is talking

8 hours ago, UNNAMI said:

they don't have to be close. If there was no existance of OTR Shawn and Billie would reach 1. As all of those songs from previous years. That's what Billboard is talking

Then Shawn's IICHY would have been the first #1 song to fall from #1 to out of the top 10 in decades. The last time was in 1976 when Diana Ross fell 1-11. (Fortunately or unfortunately, he does not have this dubious honor.)

On 6/4/2019 at 4:21 AM, iHype. said:

Everything I Do would've blocked even more songs had Billboard started using Soundscan for Hot 100 a few months earlier too. :dies:

It's final week #1 was September 7th, and Billboard didn't officially add Soundscan til November 30th. However they did published test charts for earlier weeks and it spent 17 weeks #1 in sales under Soundscan even though it was far past its run on Hot 100. 

Could you elaborate more on this? If the Soundscan era had started earlier, would EID have also notched 17 weeks at #1 on the Hot 100? Are those charts equivalent?

3 hours ago, Genius1111 said:

Could you elaborate more on this? If the Soundscan era had started earlier, would EID have also notched 17 weeks at #1 on the Hot 100? Are those charts equivalent?

they are. and Iris would have 18 weeks because they didn't count radio and Don't Speak would have 14 weeks because they didn't count singles that wasn't released on "cd single"

"I Gotta Feeling," The Black Eyed Peas, 14 weeks at No. 1, 2009
"Best I Ever Had," Drake

Drake existed back in 2009? 

I had no idea he was big over there in the USA before What's My Name? :deadbanana2:

5 hours ago, Genius1111 said:

No way to tell exactly how many weeks it would have spent #1, but it would've easily been more than 9 weeks.

It spent 17 weeks #1 in sales, and was charting pretty highly consistent at radio. It was a true smash. However the way charts worked pre-Soundscan is based on radios submitting lists themselves + stores, not electronic monitoring. So when songs would be past their peak or artist moved onto the next single, a lot of times they would stop reporting the song completely even if was still selling/played relatively a lot.

2 hours ago, tiagol88 said:

"I Gotta Feeling," The Black Eyed Peas, 14 weeks at No. 1, 2009
"Best I Ever Had," Drake

Drake existed back in 2009? 

I had no idea he was big over there in the USA before What's My Name? :deadbanana2:

smh

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.