BB: Justin/Ed debuting #2

iHype.

I hate that meme songs are taking over, but I love the fact that he's blocking generic pop radio filler from boring, overplayed artists from going #1. :ahh:

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr.Fenty

• trainsskyscrapers

• Enoch

• Mother Earth

Black excellence prevails

Reminder that a win for NasMaraj is a win for ATRL

1 hour ago, Squall said:

Can’t wait for OTR to DIE and for that one-hit wonder to GO 

Panini is COMING

2 hours ago, Katamari said:

Not sure why y’all laughing when Ed Justin and Taylor are bigger than yalls favs

Because Ed Justin and Taylor are bigger than their faves...they’ll take little wins where they can get them:michael:

Yes sometimes nobody one hit wonders have one huge hit that blocks established artists. The sad thing is nobody will remember Lil Nas Minaj in one year :cm:

16 minutes ago, Mr.Fenty said:

Panini is COMING

Don't think it will be a big hit, but it will do okay.

He's in a bad position, since Old Town Road is so big of a hit.

4 minutes ago, Armani? said:

Don't think it will be a big hit, but it will do okay.

He's in a bad position, since Old Town Road is so big of a hit.

twitter is already hyping Panini so i hope it'll live to its hype. top 10 already will be good for him.

i guess, Titanic is scrapped at this point.

Lil Nas X is running quality control for the whole industry lmao

It's kind of amazing that a no-name rapper has blocked huge names like 

Taylor Swift

Ed Sheeran

and Justin Bieber

from getting easy, throw away number ones with weak songs

and ended Ariana's run with 7 rings

lmoa. Equal opportunity

Lil Nas X is a pop giant SLAYER at this point :clap3: 

It's crazy that he has blocked four big artists, but it's disgusting that people on here are pulling the race card just to get a kiiii out of this by labelling Taylor, Shawn and JB/Ed's tracks as white mediocrity. The fake stanning for this song because of that reason isn't ok. 

Like, there was NO reason to bring race into this but y'all brought it in anyway. This isn't a thread about politics, it's about MUSIC and all four songs are harmless. 

17 minutes ago, MusicLoverDude said:

It's crazy that he has blocked four big artists, but it's disgusting that people on here are pulling the race card just to get a kiiii out of this by labelling Taylor, Shawn and JB/Ed's tracks as white mediocrity. The fake stanning for this song because of that reason isn't ok. 

Like, there was NO reason to bring race into this but y'all brought it in anyway. This isn't a thread about politics, it's about MUSIC and all four songs are harmless. 

It's an issue because Billboard closed the doors to country music on him, and now he's slaying white artists who dabble in Urban music and closing the doors on a #1 single. 

Daddy Lessons and Formation walked so Lil Nas X and Childish Gambino could run. :mandown:

9 hours ago, FAN said:

The 1-2-3 block of Taylor/Shawn/Ed&Justin is a kii and also super upsetting for me at the same time because I love all 3 songs I’m so conflicted on how I feel :deadbanana4::deadbanana2:

your taste :bibliahh:

6 hours ago, trainsskyscrapers said:

It's an issue because Billboard closed the doors to country music on him, and now he's slaying white artists who dabble in Urban music and closing the doors on a #1 single. 

Daddy Lessons and Formation walked so Lil Nas X and Childish Gambino could run. :mandown:

I am still so pissed at her for this, Formation understandable with Tidal and all that. There was absolutely no reason for it not being made available on iTunes (where she would’ve still made money) after the ****ing Super Bowl. 

Moving on, there was absolutely no for Daddy Lessons to be treated the way to did chart wise, it could’ve been a SMASH if she and DC released it either morning of or morning after the CMAs on iTunes and Spotify, not just on ****ing SoundCloud 2 weeks later. Add a new video with a burning bush (religious and political symbolism) and they could’ve had a smash on their hands.

8 hours ago, slw84 said:

Because Ed Justin and Taylor are bigger than their faves...they’ll take little wins where they can get them:michael:

asdfghjk

:ahh: the way nasmaraj said NO to vanilla mediocre music :clap3: I'm a little bit pissy that Taylor didn't get that #1 but she released a bad song so :clap3: 

Only Drake and Adele can dethrone NasMaraj :ahh:

8 hours ago, MusicLoverDude said:

I Don't Care literally is a whitewashed and watered down afrobeats song tho.

not you saying that there is no reason to bring race when Ed and Justin made a song that takes from black genre and somehow makes it bland :skull:

Edited by Mr.Fenty

8 hours ago, MusicLoverDude said:

Race =/= politics, it’s intergrated in every part of life, and not even because of POC themselves but because of white people.

You can’t see race only when it comes to politics and pretend to be colorblind everywhere else. :cm:

The truth is that white mediocrity (white people releasing mediocre songs) would have been #1 without Nas Maraj and for that, we thank him!

Drake is probably the only one that can dethrone this. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.