Ultimate TABS S1 : The Ultimate TABS is BEYONCE (Touch It)

Yvess

5 minutes ago, PinkBox said:

Isn't that every round so far nn

Hmmm. Last time, Team Element is a clear winmer in my critiques.

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Yvess

• Sabbath

• PinkBox

• thecptz

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Yvess said:

Hmmm. Last time, Team Element is a clear winmer in my critiques.

Oh okay

Overall, it's always been 2 teams being close and the other one kinda flopping tho

Poor Team Sabbath serving Raven

raven.gif

14 minutes ago, PinkBox said:

Oh okay

Overall, it's always been 2 teams being close and the other one kinda flopping tho

Poor Team Sabbath serving Raven

raven.gif

Hmmm I see. Let's see if Team Sabbath can rise above the odds this time xoxo

56 minutes ago, Guero said:

FAT

@Remmy

1 hour ago, Guero said:

FAT

@PinkBox

2 hours ago, Guero said:

FAT

@/everyone

?

But its only me who finished the critiques

bKA9HVz.jpg

GTJADASOP

(give the judges a deadline, a short one preferably)

2 minutes ago, Overprotected said:

GTJADASOP

(give the judges a deadline, a short one preferably)

We are abt to reach the 2nd day since I posted the entries so I think we r still on track.

me and the judges usually work on the critiques for 1-2 1/2 days so far. That's a short deadline tbh. :-* :ahh:

Image result for Sons of an Illustrious Father - Don't Cha GIF

YVESS' CRITIQUES

a6i79r655v0v.jpg

Mentor: @Element
@EriKills @KatyCatPH @Overprotected @Solarie @Guero @kiiwii @PoKiTaurus @thecptz

Spoiler

Yvess: EriKills - Tinashe: First verse in and you have this theme on lock! I love the metaphors she used in the verses to define their relationship. I give you points also for sending in a song that dedicates it entirety to talk about the ex and not focus on herself that much. Definitely your best performance in this game so far. Kudos!    

Yvess: KatyCatPH - Taylor Swift: A SOLID CHOICE! I never doubted Taylor in giving us this kind of songs. I love everything about this, it definitely resonates the theme. She did a great storytelling in this song too which warrants you this high score from me. Your most superior entry so far in this game :clap3:    

Yvess: Overprotected - Bjork: This is so deep and profound, I must admit, I didn't like it at first listen but it made some sense when I listened to it again, this is more of like sending out a message to the younger generation to do better amidst the mistakes, I love the feminism route it took too. The part when she talked to her daughter to apologize for her divorce is heartbreaking. With that being said, this is a nice entry. A haunting ballad.     

Yvess: Solarie - Avril Lavigne: THE SLAYAGE OF THIS PUNK ANTHEM :jonny5: I must commend you for sending an album track instead sending her breakup singles, gives me vibes that you truly look up your artist's discography meticulously.  Everything about this song is very fitting, she did't mince words to her trashy ex. I even love her sarcastic laughs/giggles althrough out the song. :alexz:

Yvess: Guero - Ariana Grande: I am pleased with this entry, the lyrics fit, I feel that the highlight of this song is the bridge, love the buildup and how she killed the high notes.    

Yvess: kiiwii - Katy Perry: THIS GIRL IS ON FIREEEE! She literally scalps her ex, from his drug addiction to his poor sexual skills - I live! The lyrics had a lot of great moments that hit my "theme radar button" a lot of times. My faves were : "You fall asleep during foreplay" and "Wanna be your lover, not your f**king mother"  , oooh lord the slayage of this song, let me play it again :jonny5:          

Yvess: PoKiTaurus - Mariah Carey: This song imo is in the samerealm of Irreplaceable where the girl throws some sass to her ex, this is cute and addictive, my only problem is it is quite short that I wanted to know more about the ex lover's misdemeanors in the relationship that made MiMi cancel him. Still, this is an above average entry for me xoxo   

Yvess: thecptz - Kacey Musgraves: Taylor Swift's Mean's long lost sister makes an appearance :clap3: I love that you chose a song not about breakup, this actually works! Love the relaxed vibe while shutting down haters.

Edited by Yvess

YVESS' CRITIQUES

0tcmoqsgcom6.jpg

Mentor:  @Sabbath

@Alena @Invisibility @Loyalty @lhdang2000 @Psycho @Queen Conchita

Spoiler

Yvess: Alena - Selena Gomez: Guess having two members out lit a fire on your bumbum coz bitch you aint playing with this entry. I'm not a fan of whispering but this is a great fit, Kudos! :clap3: 

Yvess: Invisibility - Madonna: WE LOVE A MULTILINGUAL QUEEN! I love this track and its message. What sets this apart to most of the breakup entries here is that Madge is very firm in cancelling that man. Great choice! :clap3:  

Yvess: lhdang2000 – Adele: This is a good choice than your 1st choice. I love how confident she is that his ex still wants her, I just needed to see more of her expressing she's over him in the lyrics though coz this song maybe interpreted in another way, like there's still a tinge of hope for them to be reunited. Nevertheless.it is still a good entry overall.

Yvess: Loyalty - Christina Aguilera: Hmmmm, kudos for meeting the other requirement of this round - you made us know and understand that she's in a toxic relationship but that's all. This is more like she's stuck in a toxic relationship and can't walk away/leave - which is the other requirement of this round. She knows she must leave but maybe the D is so good she can't make up her mind. The song is good but it feels flat compared to other entries since the other element of the theme is missing. 

Yvess:  Psycho - Lady Gaga: This is a fun song to sing to your man or to any fling that you're having some issues with. My problem here is that it gives me the vibes that she's not yet completely over with the man, she's more like she wants to enjoy her "ME! Time" and she's just punishing her man for taking her for granted in the past. Nothing in the lyrics showed a strong affirmation that she is cancelling this man. 

Yvess: Queen Conchita - Conchita Wurst: This is an okay choice. The theme of this round was met. It's not just a standout compared to others imo. 

Edited by Yvess

YVESS' CRITIQUES

7znf8ttx9l43.jpg

Mentor: @Speezy
@Bawdee @fiercE @Not Like The Movies @PinkBox @Boys @Lukey @Pendulum @Touch It

Spoiler

Yvess: Bawdee - Rihanna: A CLASSIC! Can't forget this karaoke classic! You can't spell TABS without TAB (Take A Bow) indeed! :clap3:     

Yvess: fiercE - Måns Zelmerlöw: Love the chorus! This actually works tbh, it is just that it seems that his ex already left him and this is all just wishful thinking of him if ever she comes back. 

Yvess: Not Like The Movies - Janelle Monae: Your team must regret for sending you as a tribute last time coz you killed it again in this round. I like that this song talked about a toxic work environment, I am glad you went in this direction coz it made you stand out. :jonny5: a breath of fresh air, you did that!    

Yvess: PinkBox - Celine Dion: It fits the round, I like the wrath vibe in this song, she's not having it with this man, he better hide from her if he likes to live another day. Aside from the lyrics, the emotion in this song is its focal point imo. :clap3:  

Yvess: Boys - Britney Spears: I love this entry, she made a great dedication to her  ex-husband! Great entry, your best entry so far in this game! :alexz:   

Yvess: Lukey - Ciara: This is a cute post breakup song, my issue here is that she is more focused in talking about herself than cancelling that man from her life which this theme is asking for.     

Yvess: Pendulum - Grimes: WOW! OH WOW! You nailed this round, I like how this song talked about the reality of having fake friends. Great entry, your best so far! :alexz:     

Yvess: Touch It - Beyonce: YAAAAS QUEEN YAAAAS! We love a song that values self-worth, everything in this song ticks off the requirements of this round. :jonny5:

This is the round wherein I gave the most perfect scores

d7Omtvb.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.