Ultimate TABS S1 : The Ultimate TABS is BEYONCE (Touch It)

Yvess

• ATRL Moderator

@Remmy tugging at my team's wigs like this

i'm gonna FIGHT u

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Yvess

• Sabbath

• PinkBox

• thecptz

Top Posters In This Topic

Yvess: PoKiTaurus - Mariah Carey  - 10: SLAY! You had a rough first choice but your final choice for this round is totally one of the best! The way Mariah sings it effortlessly and her audience being so engaged with her presence is something that not every girls can have. The whistles made me forget Ariana's performance. 

PoKiTaurus - Mariah Carey - 10 Lemme say crowd interaction is such a plus in performances. It lets the crowd know you arent just $100. She seem so energetic on stage too. The vocals are on point

Sabbath: Pokitaurus - Mariah Carey - 10 : ahhhhhhh yes, the second I read “Emotions” in the title I got excited irl. I wasn’t even half into the performance and I knew it was a 10. The charisma in the first SECONDS, the interaction with the public, the energy, the presence, the EMOTIONS™, the VOICE!!!!!! A perfect example of Mariah doing everything RIGHT.

Remmy: PoKiTaurus - 9: Her ability to sing and make the crowd go wild is so effortless... Go off!

Remmy nooooooOOOOOO

6 minutes ago, Yvess said:

Remmy: Element: KatyCatPH

KatyCat being the celeb, whew

TEAM SABBATH

@Psycho @Queen Conchita @rooby.booby @lhdang2000 @Moonlightbae @Invisibility @Loyalty @Alena

en3s5ntdu05h.png

Psycho - Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga - Paparazzi (Live At VMAs)

Spoiler

Yvess: Psycho - 10: Shock factor is Lady Gaga's middle name.I love this iconic performance! Her vocals, choreo and styling are all on point. It was a moment to remember. My only concern is for your future rounds, you brought this out so early, it makes me fear that you set the bar high on yourself already. Well, I could give you an 11 for this video + your bravery for this round!

Element: Psycho - 9.5 - UGH, this is quintessential Gaga and she brought out so many incredible talents in her arsenal. I really loved that she changes up the melody of the song here to keep everyone engaged and excited to see what is next. Theatrics? Fantastic as always. She executed her vision well. The only minor slip was some vocals in the choruses getting muddled, but other than that, this is a standout entry. It’s very sad that we likely won’t really see similar grandiose and creative live performances with the direction popular music is heading.

Speezy: Psycho - Lady Gaga - 10 Whew Debut Gaga, I stan. The choreo and vocals was organic. The acting and story telling was all enjoyable.

Remmy: Psycho - 10: I mean... yeah, best performance of the round. Like an inevitable, obvious, easy 10/10. But damn you've got some balls for pull ing this out so early in the game. :jonny5:

fmqyy4rymg4e.png
Queen Conchita - Conchita Wurst
Conchita Wurst - Rise Like A Phoenix (LIVE)

Spoiler

Yvess: Queen Conchita - 9: There's something about Conchita that makes casual viewers like me stop for a second and see what she can bring to the table. This is a great choice to start your journey in representing your fave.

Element: Queen Conchita - 9.0 - This vocal was absolutely STUNNING. I think we could argue it is the best  of the round tbh? I am curious to see how Co nchita will expand and evolve in this competition, because the power ballad vibe is potentially limiting later on.

Speezy: Queen Conchita - Conchita Wursts - 7.5 I loved the stage effects and the vocals, But the Centerstage-itis needs to go. >> [Feel free to drag me if they are told to be centered for production/camera footage

Remmy: Queen Conchita - 9: All she did was stand there with fierceness but that was enough to keep me intrigued. Incredible voice, especially during the chorus

zi2uv7nx7xzl.png
rooby.booby - Kesha
Kesha - Praying (Live)

Spoiler

Yvess: rooby.booby - 7: I think you went with this entry coz of the vocal power about to ensue in this round. I like this song but I find this specific performance a bit lacking. I sense a disconnect with her as a viewer. This is an ok choice though. 

Element: rooby.booby - 6.5 - There was something off about this performance for me. The first half felt very lethargic to me, and she created this disconnect with the audience with her eyes closed the entire time. The vocal was fine enough but I wasn’t as impressed as I thought I was going to be with this song live.

Speezy: rooby.booby - Kesha - 7 A powerful song with a powerful message. I felt like the stage presence could've been better than it was

Remmy: rooby.booby - 7:This is a decent choice, it's a good showcase of her vocals but if this was a true first impression, I'd probably be expecting more.

b805aa304kf2.png
lhdang2000 - Adele
Adele - I Found A Boy

Spoiler

Yvess: lhdang2000 - 10: The raw talent jumped out! I love her vocals in this and you made us remember that she can play musical instruments too. SLAY!

Element: lhdang2000 - 7.0 - This was a good performance but nothing that really captured my attention. I feel very neutral about her TABS here. Adele is obviously very talented (as this video shows) and I think she could be presented in a more dynamic fashion.

Speezy: lhdang2000 – Adele - 9.5 Okay her presence is there! The Vocals are there! She is the band. I definitely love the 100% Adele performance that shows off all her skills. Its understandable that she can move while playing a guitar, so Ill give that a pass

Remmy: lhdang2000 - 10:Almost an exact match to the studio version, l      ike whew  Nice song choice, it's incredibly simple and puts even more of an emphasis on those PIPES.

v0y3jyb5ccl5.png
Moonlightbae - Demi Lovato
 Demi Lovato - Stone Cold (BB Women of Music LIVE)

Spoiler

Yvess: Moonlightbae - 8: This is a good song to showcase her vocal range, love the styling and the emotional look on her face. James Charles learn!!!

Element: moonlightbae - 7.0 - Really st rong vocal from Demi, but yet again, there was a lack of X factor here that seems to be plaguing this team. Nothing will make me remember this performance, aside from her fantastic vocal runs. In fact, I was dozing off a little bit!

Speezy: Moonlightbae - Demi Lovato - 9 This is actually moving. I stan for her vocal notes and her using her belts effectively

Remmy: Moonlightbae - 9: Well, you had a lot of Stone Cold performances to choose from.  And like most (if not all) of them, she's serving and nails all the big, important notes.

v38kt4oyufx0.png
Invisibility - Madonna

Madonna - Live To Tell (Confessions Tour)

Spoiler

Yvess: Invisibility -8: Madonna is someone that can wow us with her visuals that sometimes we forget her vocals. Showcasing her vocals might be the direction you chose and I give you points for that but this performance is just an okay choice. There's no replay value in it.

Element: Invisibility - 7.5 - Madonna was very consistent in this performance and I appreciated that you showed her philanthropic focus as part of her TABS. I definitely was waiting for something more interesting to happen throughout so I feel neutral overall here.

Speezy: Invisibility - Madonna - 8 oop a Performer. This performance definitely showed her controversial side as an artist.

Remmy: Invisibility - 6: There's not a lot of changes from the beginning to the end of this performance, and that's not really a good thing since I'm not wowed by anything I'm seeing/hearing.

x7l2l99k5o45.png
Loyalty - Christina Aguilera

Christina Aguilera - It's A Man's World [live]

Spoiler

Yvess: Loyalty - 9: It is one of the performances from her that you either love it or hate it. Xtina sometimes overdoes her vocals that I find it as an utter noise. Good thing, your video showed restraint in her vocals. She is indeed a voice of a generation..

Element: Loyalty - 8.0 - Xtina knows how to belt!! Whew. Great vocals and energy here. This was a middle of the pack entry for me overall.

Speezy: Loyalty - Christina Aguilera - 7 The vocals were greet but there was some runs where she overdid the vocals. For example 2:03-2:07 its like a mix between a scream/ yell and a upper register belt.

Remmy: Loyalty - 8: Never stanned this one as much as many others do, I feel like it's   a little too much sometimes. That being said, it's obviously still great and impressive no matter what.

0tjldjxoqf1m.png
Alena - Selena Gomez

The many talents of Selena Gomez

Spoiler

Yvess: Alena - 7: A for Effort! I like that you went on a different direction same with KatyCatPH. The only thing that I find concerning is I found myself laughing at the unnecessary showcase of other talents. I based my score for the singing parts and I guess she has the potential to change my mind that she's just a whispering goddess.

Element: Alena - 7.5 - I really appreciate your creativity with this entry! My main concern here is that if you had to fragment Selena’s TABS into clips, will she be able to carry herself in future challenges? Not a bad start though.

Speezy: Alena - Selena Gomez - 7.5 I am actually not mad at this nnn. It did follow the rules and it did show that she not only was a singer but an average human being. But dont make this a gimmick nn

Remmy: Alena - 5: If only she was labeled as a c omedian because I was laughing a LOT.  Anyway, my score is mainly related to the 2 live snippets we heard, and I can't say either of them show much TABS. Also I have to give props to you for making a lil compilation (no bonus points for that tho. )

TEAM SPEEZY, UP NEXT!

Remmy seems like the Simon Cowell of the panel :eek:

4 minutes ago, PinkBox said:

@Sabbath writing ESSAYS adjalsdads

WHALE, i want to justify the reason for my scores, sorree for being a professional :sorry:

Just now, Yvess said:

I think we could argue it is the best  of the round tbh? 

yes we can, i agree x

1 minute ago, Yvess said:

I am curious to see how Conchita will expand and evolve in this competition, because the power ballad vibe is potentially limiting later on.

girl you ain't ready :gaycat1:

4 minutes ago, Element said:

@Remmy tugging at my team's wigs like this

i'm gonna FIGHT u

sdfhusdfsf I was the lowest score for almost all of them :rip: Omg at how low my Taylor rating is compared to everyone else :rip: Maybe I should've moved it up at least 1 point

2 minutes ago, Sabbath said:

Yvess: PoKiTaurus - Mariah Carey  - 10: SLAY! You had a rough first choice but your final choice for this round is totally one of the best! The way Mariah sings it effortlessly and her audience being so engaged with her presence is something that not every girls can have. The whistles made me forget Ariana's performance. 

PoKiTaurus - Mariah Carey - 10 Lemme say crowd interaction is such a plus in performances. It lets the crowd know you arent just $100. She seem so energetic on stage too. The vocals are on point

Sabbath: Pokitaurus - Mariah Carey - 10 : ahhhhhhh yes, the second I read “Emotions” in the title I got excited irl. I wasn’t even half into the performance and I knew it was a 10. The charisma in the first SECONDS, the interaction with the public, the energy, the presence, the EMOTIONS™, the VOICE!!!!!! A perfect example of Mariah doing everything RIGHT.

Remmy: PoKiTaurus - 9: Her ability to sing and make the crowd go wild is so effortless... Go off!

Remmy nooooooOOOOOO

Whoops :fan:

Nearly perfect score, I'm shook :jonny5:

1 minute ago, Sabbath said:

WHALE, i want to justify the reason for my scores, sorree for being a professional :sorry:

Didn't say it was a bad thing, I appreciate it, so defensive :biblio:

2 minutes ago, Remmy said:

sdfhusdfsf I was the lowest score for almost all of them :rip: Omg at how low my Taylor rating is compared to everyone else :rip: Maybe I should've moved it up at least 1 point

Whoops :fan:

you're doing amazing sweetie

Speezy: Overprotected - Björk - 9 I'm unfamiliar with Bjork's style but the songs goes off. I do love her stage presence and it seams like shes trying to paint a picture of the song in the audiences mind.

Sabbath: Overprotected - Björk - 9: unapologetically Björk, this exactly what I’d exp ect from her performances, songs, hell even the production of the set. So interesting and unique, loves it.

I knew talent would easily recognize talent :clap3:

• ATRL Moderator
2 minutes ago, Psycho said:

Nearly perfect score, I'm shook :jonny5:

I originally gave it a 10 but then decided I wasn't giving out any 10s in round one. 

rJXEvts.gif

Still the best of this round though

2 minutes ago, Yvess said:

Yvess: Psycho - 10: Shock factor is Lady Gaga's middle name.I love this iconic performance! Her vocals, choreo and styling are all on point. It was a moment to remember. My only concern is for your future rounds, you brought this out so early, it makes me fear that you set the bar high on yourself already. Well, I could give you an 11 for this video + your bravery for this round!

Element: Psycho - 9.5 - UGH, this is quintessential Gaga and she brought out so many incredible talents in her arsenal. I really loved that she changes up the melody of the song here to keep everyone engaged and excited to see what is next. Theatrics? Fantastic as always. She executed her vision well. The only minor slip was some vocals in the choruses getting muddled, but other than that, this is a standout entry. It’s very sad that we likely won’t really see similar grandiose and creative live performances with the direction popular music is heading.

Speezy: Psycho - Lady Gaga - 10 Whew Debut Gaga, I stan. The choreo and vocals was organic. The acting and story telling was all enjoyable.

Remmy: Psycho - 10: I mean... yeah, best performance of the round. Like an inevitable, obvious, easy 10/10. But damn you've got some balls for pull ing this out so early in the game. :jonny5:

3 minutes ago, Yvess said:

Yvess: lhdang2000 - 10: The raw talent jumped out! I love her vocals in this and you made us remember that she can play musical instruments too. SLAY!

Element: lhdang2000 - 7.0 - This was a good performance but nothing that really captured my attention. I feel very neutral about her TABS here. Adele is obviously very talented (as this video shows) and I think she could be presented in a more dynamic fashion.

Speezy: lhdang2000 – Adele - 9.5 Okay her presence is there! The Vocals are there! She is the band. I definitely love the 100% Adele performance that shows off all her skills. Its understandable that she can move while playing a guitar, so Ill give that a pass

Remmy: lhdang2000 - 10:Almost an exact match to the studio version, l      ike whew  Nice song choice, it's incredibly simple and puts even more of an emphasis on those PIPES.

NO WORDS @Element

TEAM SPEEZY

@fiercE@Boys @Touch It @Lukey@Not Like The Movies@Bawdee @Pendulum @PinkBox

2axva2t6i1z1.png

fiercE - Måns Zelmerlöw 

Opening revue with Petra Mede | Semifinal        

Spoiler

Yvess: fiercE - Mans Zelmerlöw - 8.5: This is a risky choice at first glance coz it is a duet but as I watched it, it highlightened your artist's expertise in the theatrical genre. And im ngl, I dunno him before this game so it is a great start to introduce me to this daddy. 

Element: fiercE - 6.0: I think that this was an interesting choice in that we got singing, dancing, and showmanship all at the same time… I would have liked to see something a bit more focused on his artistry and directly related to his discography, to understand who he is. Also, if you’re gonna do a kick line, you have to commit and be on time!

Sabbath: fiercE - Mans Zelmerlöw - 8: look, i don’t know who this man is but i’m a sucker for any theatrical performance. I didn’t know what to expect when I clicked pl ay but was immediately surprised and pleased. I’m googling as we speak. He has a good voice and stage presence and looks confident on stage. Since it’s a first impression round (and literally) I do wish it had been a solo entry.

Remmy: fiercE - 9.5: I wasn't sure who was who but after a quick Google search, it turns out your artist is the one I preferred in this performance so that's great.  I'm not sure if this was sung live but even if it wasn't, there was a LOT of stuff done in 4 minutes  and it showcased plenty of his talents.

zrscw2iunv90.png
Boys - Britney Spears

Britney Spears - Toxic (Best Performance!) HD   

Spoiler

Yvess: Boys - Britney Spears - 7.5: I actually stan Britney's ITZ era and this video made me wonder if she's singing live or not. I gave ha the benefit of the doubt. I love her total stage presence, she's indeed a performer. Her dancing skills can hold a candle to Janet's. I also love her acapella teaser of Everytime.  

Element: Boys - 7.5 - This performance EXUDES star quality. Britney knows how to command attention on a stage… despite so many visual distractions, you still focus on her as the viewer. The main drawback here is that she is obviously lip-syncing.

Sabbath: Boys - Britney Spears - 8.5: okay, we all know she’s lip-syncing, what’s new. When I look at a Britney performance, I’m not searching for Whitney vocals, I’m looking for stage presence, dancing and just overall entertainment, and as long as she’s providing that, the other point can be dismissed. I think the performance was great and works for this round as it sh owcases WHO she is as a performer. I could’ve done without the fake tattoo sleeves thing but the rest of the outfit made her look spectacular.

Remmy: Boys - 7.5: While this is solid and the title of this video could be accurate, I do think the fact that she's lipsyncing is enough to drop the score a bit. This might  be nothing new for her but if this was a true first impression & I've never seen a Britney performance, I would simply be disappointed.

qm2y742v1gme.png
Touch It - Beyonce            
Beyoncé - Crazy In Love Live at the Super Bowl

Spoiler

Yvess: Touch It - Beyonce 10: ICONIQUE. Mama delivered and obliterated our faves with this bombshell performance. :jonny5:
Element: Touch It - 9.5 - I mean COME ON this is soooo good! She smashed it at the biggest event on TV. The only reason I didn’t give this a ten is because I would have loved to see more of her fantastic vocals shown, especially in the second half of the performance. Bey will likely be a force in this tournament.

Sabbath: Touch It - Beyoncé - 9.5: c’mon my avi, do that intro! This performance perfectly reflects why she’s considered one of the best performers of all time. The vocals, the hair, the costume, the dancing, the posing, the attitude, everything is right and everything represents who Beyoncé is. TABS.

Remmy: Touch It - 9.5: Yep, she brought iT! But .5 off for that 1 mistake she gets nightmares about.

z5w7ah2k0m71.png
Lukey - Ciara

Ciara - Level Up W/ Missy Elliott (Live At The AMAs '18)        

Spoiler

Yvess: Lukey - Ciara: 8.5: When I first watched it before, I knew CiCi was done poorly by the music industry. She didnt deserve to flop with her TABS, now judging this entry - I love the energy! The thing that somehow made me not fully love it is that Missy somehow took the spotlight on some parts. But nonetheless, you're in to a good start.

Element: Lukey - 9.0 - Really great choice to show a mix of Ciara’s talents! I felt as though she was slightly cautious and lost in the shuffle during some of the first half, but overall this is a strong showing.

Sabbath: Lukey - Ciara: 8: love how energetic the whole performance is and how you can tell she’s having fun performing it. My only minor complaint is like with fiercE’s entry, since it’s a ‘first impressions’ I wish it had been a solo entry.

Remmy: Lukey - 8.5: vStill not a fan of this song but Ci was ALL over that stage  and never stopped moving. Pretty good stuff, though I've seen str onger dancing from others this round.

hn5odf7ux3r0.png
Not Like The Movies - Janelle Monae

Janelle Monae - Make Me Feel (The Voice)

Spoiler

Yvess: Not Like The Movies - Janelle Monae - 9: This video made me love her more as a performer. Always found her amazing in the way she serves visuals and vocals and this video embodies that brand of her. 

Element: Not Like The Movies - 9.0 - Janelle is such a talent, and this performance showed off her strong live vocals, as well as her ability to use movement to create intrigue. I also want to say that her eye for aesthetics, color, and staging is exquisite, which is an element of TABS for me! My only concern here is… does someone come away from this  performance going… “wow this was a classic”... or “this was nice” but then forget about her?

Sabbath: Not Like The Movies - Janelle Monae - 8.5: I love her as a performer so much, there’s something so peculiar about her and her sounds and visuals.

Remmy: Not Like The Movies - 9: Amazing as always. If I never heard/saw this bef ore, I would be rushing to iTunes before she was done (even though other performances of the song may feature more choreography.)

s7185sblwxvc.png
Bawdee - Rihanna

Rihanna - Love on the Brain (BBMA Performance)

Spoiler

Yvess: Bawdee - Rihanna: 9: VOCALS on point! Attitude on point! Her stage presence in this video is not the typical RiRi that graviates you to be asking for more though. 

Element: Bawdee - 8.5 - Fantastic, clear vocal from Riri  here, and she showed a lot of personality which contributes to her TABS factor! I think you probably co uld have shown us even more to her talent and performance ability, but this was a solid introduction.

Sabbath: Bawdee - Rihanna - 7.5: ahh that was a classic.gif, the number #1 that should’ve been. I think we all know it’s a great performance and definitely one of her best overall, the voice, the outfit, the set, everything is right. Unfortunately, I have the same problem I had with the Kacey entry, this song is so unique in Rihanna’s catalog that it doesn’t truly represent her or her sound.

Remmy: Bawdee - 9: Rih was always made fun of for her vocals back in the day, so for her to go out there and do it like THIS was s o unexpected.  Just like in the studio version, you can tell she can is FEELING the music, which is always appreciated. I wouldn't say this kind of performance is necessarily the best representation of her but it does make a great impression nonetheless.

kwzsevvr0etd.png
Pendulum - Grimes

Grimes - Genesis (Live at Lollapalooza 2016)

Spoiler

Yvess: Pendulum - Grimes - 7 : It was interesting but I think Grimes is known for her artistic visuals and unique sound but that video didn't embodies that so well. I liked how the crowd responded to her in this performance. 

Element: Pendulum - 7.5 - It was immediately apparent to me how Grimes is one with her music. She was expressive and emotive throughout the perf ormance. There were some periods where the vocal seemed a bit off key, although I’m guessing that is the atmosphere of the song? Dancing not her strong suit but that’s okay! We love instruments.

Sabbath: Pendulum - Grimes - 6 : hmmm I had a tough time scoring this ‘cause I believe she’s very strong visual wise, more so than performing live. However, seeing her go between singing and back to the sound effects explains her so well. I also thought it was interesting that you went for a fan recording instead of something official, and I don’t know if that was on purpose because to me it adds to the experience with this specific artist.

Remmy: Pendulum - 4: There's nothing here that's really impressing me aside from how she's controlling the music while performing. It's also kinda hard to understand her most of the time, I'm not sure if it's the sound quality or her enunciation.

oa3w5o4dg30o.png
PinkBox - Celine DionCeline Dion - All By Myself (Billboard Awards 1997)

Spoiler

Sabbath: Pinkbox - Celine Dion - 8 : This video is old but that's something I expected from you ofc. JK! She served vocals as usual, i live. Celine has a strong stage presence usually, I'm not quite sure if this video captured it though. 

Element: PinkBox - 9.0 - I think this is an excellent vocal performance. She really draws you into the journey of the song with her. Within the context of Celine’s TABS, this is probably one of the strongest entries on your team. I was waiting the whole time for that key change - take me away Ms. Dion!

Sabbath: Pinkbox - Celine Dion - 9 : ofc ur old self would use an oldass performance. I mean, what is there to say about a Celine performance, her voice is fantastic, the emotions are fantastic, the stage presence without having to move throughout the stage is fantastic, she’s powerful AF. My only complaint is that I wish you went for one of her songs instead of a cover.

Remmy: PinkBox - 8: Amazing vocals as usual, though for a first impression I wish it had a little more OOMPH. We did get some of that in the 2nd half at least.

WHO WON THE CHALLENGE? UP NEXT!

4 minutes ago, PinkBox said:

Didn't say it was a bad thing, I appreciate it, so defensive :biblio:

well considering u were attacking me and my girls like 30 mins ago, what can u expect :biblio:

49l7c4oyux8a.png

im excited to let you know the rihsults 

xoxo

Ok Pendulum submitted after the deadline, her scores doesn't count for our team

Just now, Yvess said:

49l7c4oyux8a.png

im excited to let you know the rihsults 

xoxo

Post it im so sleepy :weeps: 

3 minutes ago, Yvess said:

Sabbath: Pinkbox - Celine Dion - 8 : This video is old but that's something I expected from you ofc. JK! 

Sabbath: Pinkbox - Celine Dion - 9 : ofc ur old self would use an oldass performance. 

@Sabbath critiquing twice with the same joke, I'm-

Wiggg!

• ATRL Moderator
5 minutes ago, Sabbath said:

NO WORDS @Element

rJXEvts.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.