Ultimate TABS S1 : The Ultimate TABS is BEYONCE (Touch It)

Yvess

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Yvess

• Sabbath

• PinkBox

• thecptz

Top Posters In This Topic

• ATRL Moderator

2-2-2, Sabbath wins by average

next

2 minutes ago, thecptz said:

oh wow we're 2-2 now :duca: 2-2-2??? :duca:

MY ARTPOP COULD MEAN ANYTHING :-* 

BATTLE 1: Any Era of your Choice 

KatyCatPH - Taylor Swift

Anti

Spoiler

Yvess: KatyCatPH - 8: Gorgeous. I see this concept to be very effective in making us aware that she is not just the country girl or teenybopper chic. Love her styling in this shoot! :heart2: 

Speezy: KatyCatPH - Taylor Swift - 6 I was not expecting this from Taylor and I’m shook. I do appreciate the edgy look as your explanation brought up but in the first two shots it seems forced.[ Sorta like 1 or 2 tracks on the album] The last photo seems to serve a bit of calm and nondark vibe.

Element: Battle 1 - KatyCatPH - 9.0 - I have never seen this photoshoot before and I am very impressed seeing this side of Taylor! The styling is done very well and she looks great. I’m trying to buy into your concept of “anti” and I get it, but I wonder if there could have been some other terms that more effectively summarized the aesthetics and overall mood. I understand that Taylor had been a “good girl” earlier in her career, but there have been plenty of songs, videos, and media exposition that contradict that narrative, so your core concept doesn’t hold as much weight as it could have. Nevertheless, this is one of the strongest entries of the round.

kipperskipper: KatyCatPH - Taylor Swift- 8.5 I HATE TAYLOR SWIFT...now that I got that out of the way....I love this set  This is def a different side of the basic, stuffy, flavorless, boring, becky that we are used to. She is actually serving personality and creativity. However, if i did have to give criticism on this, at times it does seem like two directions.themes in one. Like some pics are giving me vintage hollywood glam (like pic 2/4 kinda 5) where as pic 1 and 3 are def more the "anti"/ "cutting edge" taylor that you described. Like pic 3 doesn't go at all with this.  So the cohesion is a tad off in that regard but it is all still a serve.

BATTLE 1Any Era of your Choice

Queen Conchita - Conchita Wurst

EXPERIMENTAL

Spoiler

Yvess: Queen Conchita - 10: I love that you are doing mostly out of the box entries in this game so far. I can say this truly paid off. :clap3: 

Sabbath: Queen Conchita - Conchita Wurst - 8.5 - I definitely see the “experimental” side on this as it’s not the typical photoshoot. I like this quite a lot actually and it’s a side of Conchita we haven’t seen before so props to that! My only complaint would be the description since it’s not “radically new or innovative”.

Element: Battle 1 - Queen Conchita - 7.0 - This is interesting. The set of photos is definitely cohesive and while they do accentuate some of Conchita’s physicality, the slime masks his features completely. It makes me think threesome with Shrek and Fiona. I don’t really know if your concept is so much a ~concept~ as it is you just trying to throw a word to these images quickly. I actually think if your explanation went into a science-related angle here, it would have been a bit stronger overall.

Kipperskipper: Queen Conchita - Conchita Wurst- 10 yes gawd! *tongue pop* C'mon mawmaw *limp wrist* And that's that on that.

BATTLE 1: Any Era of your Choice

Solarie - Avril Lavigne

Head Above Water

Spoiler

Yvess: Solarie - 9 Cute concept! Glad you put in an explanation coz it truly made more sense. Glad you didn't include the horrendous HAW single cover! :smitten: 

Speezy: Solarie - Avril Lavigne – 10 Lowkey stanning. Honestly this is the best set of photos from your team. She looks like a nice mermaid. Also your description is very effective

Sabbath: Solarie - Avril Lavigne - 8.5 - scrihming at the buzzword/title being “head above water” and her head being UNDER water in all of the pics except one kiiiiiiiii. I think the description helps a lot here because _now_ I see the metaphor  of “sinking” (so maybe that would’ve been a better buzzword?). The photoshoot is very beautiful and I really love the colors.

Kipperskipper: Solarie - Avril Lavigne- 9: I really love this set. You can clearly understand the story it is telling and evokes a lot emotion. It is very captivating and you see the hurt and struggle that Avril feels. The images are hauntingly beautiful and i LOVE the 1st image. The lyrics parallel exactly what is going on in the pictures. Very well done!

oh wow :eek: a 2-2-2 is coming indeed :duca:

THE WINNER OF THIS ROUND IS....

Spoiler

Solarie - 9.125

Queen Conchita - 8.875

Katycat- 7.875 (-2 deduction but wont count in the final team avg)

TEAM ELEMENT - 1

TEAM SABBATH - 2

TEAM SPEEZY - 2

who will win? 

COAm9A2UkAAWJZa.jpgJordan35-768x999.jpglatest?cb=20190523161757

BATTLE 4: Third Era/Fourth Era/Fifth Era

Psycho - Lady Gaga

ALIEN

Spoiler

Yvess: Psycho - 9.5: Strong era that you chose! I feel dirty just looking at the first pic but I get that its intended to sell the Alien concept. You did great once again! :worship2: 

Speezy Psycho - Lady Gaga - 10 What on earth was the first one. Well this is true to the title and somewhat cohesive looks/shots. This entire era was controversial but its good unique kind of controversy.

Element: Battle 4 - Psycho - 8.0 - Hm. Yes. I see “alien” vibes throughout the entire shoot, and I think that it’s probably a better term to classify the slimy concept than “experimental” was for Conchita. Every image has interesting angles and shapes involved, although some photos are stronger than others in pushing the concept. I really like the geometric orb in photo #2 and the reflective hat in the final photo. She looks pretty good here too.

kipperskipper: Psycho - Lady Gaga-8 Hmm such a tease. I wish it were only pics of gaga in that goop and gaggery  Cuz that def screams alien. Great set tho. I really like the second pic where she is coming out of this geometric egg. The BTW era photoshotos were Gaga's most iconic and memorable. Especially with the horns on her face. whew.

BATTLE 4: Third Era/Fourth Era/Fifth Era

Loyalty - Christina Aguilera

Fashion

Spoiler

Yvess: Loyalty - 8.5: I love the nude makeup accompanied with the ash blonde hair. I dig it! But I feel like the last two shots shouldn't be included coz it's not fashionable to me. Nevertheless, this is a good entry!  

Sabbath: Loyalty - Christina Aguilera - 6 - The concept is sooooooo basic that it would need the pictures to be INCREDIBLE to actually sell it correctly. Unfortunately, I feel like this shoot falls short on that aspect. She looks nice but the buzzword is the most boring thing you could’ve called it.

Element: Battle 4 - Loyalty - 5.0 - Loyalty, hun. Ugh. Did Christina really not have anything more dynamic in her twenty year career? This is unfortunately one of the weakest concepts of the round. She looks pretty good in the shoot, but what were they doing with her eyebrows?? I wish that the clothing was more cohesive too. I think that could have brought your score up a bit, but yeah, I’m unfortunately disappointed. I would have thought Xtina could have wow’d us with something artsy.

Kipperskipper: Loyalty - Christina Aguilera- 6.5 Fashion? More like industrial fan  jk heheh I can def see the "fashion" aspect in the 1st and 4th pic, but as a set it's kinda boring. I wish they were all in the same vein and direction as the 1st pic as it seems more whimsy. But as a whole it just doesn't mesh well, since she seems to have a different style in each pic. The only cohesion is her wind whipped hair.

BATTLE 4:  Third Era/Fourth Era/Fifth Era 

Not Like The Movies - Janelle Monae

Mystery

Spoiler

Yvess: Not Like The Movies - 10: Well thought out concept! I love it! Props to you momma! She has that natural androgynous look sometimes and this time it shows! :alexz: 

Speezy : Not Like The Movies - Janelle Monae - 8 I do like this better than battle 3. Its more cohesive and it looks like it can tell a story even without the explanation

Sabbath: Not Like the Movies - Janelle Monae (Mystery) -9 - Now THAT’S what I like to see. The concept is so unique and interesting and the photos and styling are so well done, whewwwwww. I think the photo with just the gray suit and the two below it weren’t necessary and that take away a little of the “mystery” tho

Kipperskipper: Not Like The Movies - Janelle Monae- 9 Ok this one is MUCH better than the previous Janelle set!! I think you hit the nail with your description! It is so unique and different and I love that she is shot in character rather than herself. It certainly exemplifies her duality and versatility. She has many facets to her and is ok with portraying her image in different styles and aesthetics. It is refreshing to see cuz most celebs like to do editorial/glam photoshoots. The front cover is def my fave!

Just now, Yvess said:

who will win? 

COAm9A2UkAAWJZa.jpgJordan35-768x999.jpglatest?cb=20190523161757

no offense to Xtina or Gaga but Janelle most likely 

THE WINNER OF THIS ROUND IS....

Spoiler

Not Like The Movies - 9

Psycho - 8.875

Loyalty - 6.5

Edited by Yvess

TEAM ELEMENT - 2

TEAM SABBATH - 2

TEAM SPEEZY - 2

Oh wow thanks judges. I was so nervous with this round and found it super hard. I'm actually surprised to find out I nailed it :heart2:

oh wow :jonny: a tie!

Triple Elimination :clap3: 

Beyonce vs Xtina

Spoiler

@Touch It wins it with a 9.625 vs @Loyalty's 6.5

Yoncè breathes again 

If Speezy wins this round, he has the LIBERTY to choose who among Bey or Xtina stays in his team, giving the 2nd place team with the decision to either eliminate or keep whoever Speezy doesnt choose

If Speezy loses, he will get to keep the winner of the tiebreaker and let the winning team decide the fate of the loser in the tiebreaker. They can choose to keep or eliminate that player.

• ATRL Moderator
Just now, Yvess said:

If Speezy wins this round, he has the LIBERTY to choose who among Bey or Xtina stays in his team, giving the 2nd place team with the decision to either eliminate or keep whoever Speezy doesnt choose

If Speezy loses, he will get to keep the winner of the tiebreaker and let the winning team decide the fate of the loser in the tiebreaker. They can choose to keep or eliminate that player.

I wonder who he would choose if he wins :eli:

But I didn’t win :ahh:

I even tanked my Mentor trio matchup

bKA9HVz.jpg

Coming in third and will be sending a tribute from their team....

thumb image

Spoiler

TEAM @Speezy : 7.77

Unfortunately, you lost this challenge :'( 

Despite Bey getting the Top Score in your team, she cant be IMMUNE in this round

So the immunity goes to @Queen Conchita

TEAM PLAYER YVESS ELEMENT SPEEZY SABBATH KIPPERSKIPPER TOTAL

SPEEZY Queen Conchita - Conchiita Wurst 10 7 N/A = MENTOR 8.5 10 8.875
SPEEZY Boys - Britney Spears 9.5 8 N/A = MENTOR 10 7 8.625
SPEEZY Touch It - Beyonce 7.5 6 N/A = MENTOR 6 6.5 6.5
SPEEZY Loyalty - Christina Aguilera 8.5 5 N/A = MENTOR 6 6.5 6.5
SPEEZY Touch It - Beyonce* 10 10 N/A = MENTOR 9 9.5 9.625
SPEEZY Speezy - Jordin Sparks 8.5 6.5 N/A = MENTOR 6 5 6.5
AVERAGE:

xo

Edited by Yvess

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.