Ultimate TABS S1 : The Ultimate TABS is BEYONCE (Touch It)

Yvess

BATTLE 6: Any Era of your Choice

Sabbath - Lorde

Force of Nature

Spoiler

Yvess: Sabbath - 10: I love nature so you earn points for that easily. The explanation truly amped the concept that you went for. :clap3:

Speezy: Sabbath – Lorde - 8 Come through mother nature , give us BIRTH. It Is very heartwarming to look at her being free in the nature. Never knew Lorde was capable of this

Element: Battle 6 - Sabbath - 8.0 - I think there’s a decent chance that you will win this battle. The overall concept is solid, and the images avoid becoming a stereotypical “glamour shoot”. The pink blossom photo is absolutely the standout for me here due to her interaction with the elements. I also like the photo with the bike because of that clash between nature and modernity. The mattress one is cute, but lacks the interaction with nature I would have loved to see. And the weakest link is the dead wood one… like she’s just kind of standing there serving no expression lol. But good job overall!

kipperskipper: Sabbath - Lorde-8 Nnnnn why is the motorcycle one sending me   I wish the pics were like muted or duller. It would make them look even cooler. (like lana's work with Neil Krug). But im not clocking you for that so dont worry.:thing: I really like the last one as it is very witchy :alexz2: Overall great job!!!  

BATTLE 6: Any Era of your Choice

Speezy - Jordin Sparks

Right Here, Right Now

Spoiler

Yvess: Speezy - 8.5: You had me with your explanation, you connected the photos and made the concept look appealing. I love the water shot, looks like she came from ANTM shoot. :smitten: 

Sabbath: Speezy - Jordin Sparks - 6 - first of all, whale. I love the third photo ‘cause it looks so natural, I can feel the happiness thru my screen. The story you added as description is nice and interesting and inspirational but I can’t see how it relates to the pics kii, like yea you said head above water and there’s a pic of THAT but the rest, idk ma’am. They’re nice photos but I’m confused.

Element: Battle 6 - Speezy - 6.5 - It’s so weird to judge my fellow mentors! I think this was a really hard round for all of us. Can’t wait to keep getting dragged by the other judges this round! My main comment here is that I don’t really understand what your unifying concept is. Is it the era name? Is it rising above adversity? Is it the real Jordin? I don’t see these concepts bursting through the photos, except for maybe the beautiful water photo. She looks good in each but I don’t really feel as if this set of photos belongs together. Your explanation helps a bit and I appreciate your creativity there. I think you did the best you could because Jordin is not really known for her avant garde side.

Kipperskipper: Speezy - Jordin Sparks-5 So i def love and appreciate the story of Jordin Sparks and all the adversity she had to endure/overcome. However, as for these particular pics...i don't see it. The first pic does not go with the other 2 whatsoever. I mean I can see the argument that i the 2nd pic she is in a bathing suit, but it's just not enough. I also don't really get the story of overcoming adversity coming through in the images.

BATTLE 6: Any Era of your Choice
Element - Ellie Goulding

"Melancholia"

Spoiler

Yvess: Element - 9: This is so elegant and rich! I think this is a risky choice but I love it. Great job! :heart2: 

Speezy: Element - Ellie Goulding – 6.5 Wow I guess we were contestants this round. Your description was better than the photos. Don’t worry Jordin served basic too. Theres nothing really stellar about this shoot. A full body shot would’ve worked

Sabbath: Element - Ellie Goulding - 7 - first of all, fat. second of all, this shoot is really really pretty, but it doesn’t give me melancholia vibes, except maybe the first picture. Coincidentally, I also feel like the first picture doesn’t matches at all with the rest, and I think that taking it away and staying with the veil closeups and a different buzzword could’ve been really really great.

Kipperskipper: Element - Ellie Goulding- 6: Idk why this isn't working for me. Is it her face? Maybe she isn't photogenic but sometimes it seems like it's a little too "forced". Like the first pic aint it for me and the fake mascara tears are a gag. I can def see the glamour/widow/melancholy, but i don't think Ellie does a good job portraying that at all.The execution was just off. 

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Yvess

• Sabbath

• PinkBox

• thecptz

Top Posters In This Topic

The Winner of this Round is.....

Spoiler

Sabbath - Lorde

Force of Nature

@Sabbath

TEAM ELEMENT - 0

TEAM SABBATH - 1

TEAM SPEEZY - 0

Me at Judge Sabbotage slaying the other judges :clap3:

Spoiler

Poor legend Elliement tho :( 

3 minutes ago, thecptz said:

you're out

Yes im outside running because I'm skinnee

BATTLE 3: Second Era/Third Era/Fourth Era

Pinkbox - Celine Dion

SEDUCTION

Spoiler

Yvess: Pinkbox - 9: This is an entry that I truly believed that the explanation boosted its concept. I like Vintage Celine craving for a D! :clap3: 

Speezy: Pinkbox - Celine Dion - 5.5 Its cute but I don’t get seduction from this. The mirror shot was realing boring and out of place-ish The one with her in the chair is my favorite from your shot

Element: Battle 3 - PinkBox - 7.5 - I like what you did with your explanation, because I was really doubtful of the entry at first. You definitely tied it together with a storyline. Would I say that I’m getting SEDUCTION from some of these images? Not really. #3, def yes. Maybe a little in the first picture, although she looks a tad constipated nnn. #2 seems to be more like longing and #4 serves me joy. So, overall, your explanation helps your score quite a bit here, but I think you could have played with some other concept titles.

kipperskipper: Pinkbox - Celine Dion- 8 Hmm awright mother goose i can get behind that story.:-* Before reading the story, I instantly got a sense of loneliness, melancholy, and maybe as if she was someone that was longing for a lover that didn't exist. The juxtaposition of a glamorous woman in a dingy apartment told a story in itself. In a way, it seems more interesting if there was no man involved in the story. It would be more captivating and intriguing if she were just this lonely woman that lived on her own and would dress up in her house  for no one. Anyways.. great set hihihi

BATTLE 3: Second Era/Third Era/Fourth Era

Touch It - Beyonce

B'Day: Country Realness

Spoiler

Yvess : Touch It - 7.5: I like the country vibe but gotta be honest, this is not a standout. Hopefully your rivals in this match doesn't do well :oh: 

Sabbath: Touch It - Beyoncé (Country) - 6 - Eh. I mean I see where you’re coming from but this is not very interesting and to me it feels like just a “first thought”. I think it’s too glamorous to be country realness. Still looks gorgeous obviously.

Element: Battle 3 - Touch It - 6.0 - Y’all really think you can stick Beyoncé on a pick-up truck and call it COUNTRY? I’m screaming. None of her outfits, hair, accessories, makeup are giving me country realness. A couple of corn stalks can only get your score so far. I will say that it is a beautiful set of photos, however, and a cohesive shoot if not a bit vapid.

Kipperskipper: Touch It - Beyonce- 6.5 Awright i see the ****ry but it's a tad lackluster, especially considering this is Beyonce. I understand this is her earlier era so it's not Queen B just yet, but the pics still lack some pizazz. I do like the 2nd pic a lot, the bright blues of the truck and sky compliment one another well. Idk I don't have much else to say.

BATTLE 3:  Second Era/Third Era/Fourth Era

Not Like The Movies - Janelle Monae

Spoiler

Tribute to a Rock Legend

Yvess : Not Like The Movies - 7: sis i luh yah but I feel like im not sold to the concept you're trying to offer here. The first photo is the best one. The rest is just okay :-* 

Speezy: Not Like The Movies - Janelle Monae – 5 This is borderline basic imo. I know she is paying tribute but I felt like props like a guitar or her on the stage could’ve better portray your description

Sabbath: Not Like the Movies - Janelle Monae (Bowie) - 3.5 - girl, how is she tributing him? She’s just wearing a forever 21 shirt. Nahhhhhhh. She looks cute ‘cause she’s cute but the photos aren’t all that even.

Kipperskipper: Not Like The Movies - Janelle Monae-7: Idk if she is necessarily "paying tribute" to Bowie as much as she is just wearing a Bowie shirt. But nonetheless, the images are really nice! I love the sort of retro/80's type filter on them. I also like the softness Janelle exhibits. The first pic is a serve!

2 minutes ago, PinkBox said:

Yes im outside running because I'm skinnee

why are you on atrl while running? :biblio:

whew

Spoiler

Pinkbox - 7.5

Beyonce - 6.5

Not Like The Movies - 5.625

TEAM ELEMENT - 0

TEAM SABBATH - 2

TEAM SPEEZY - 0

slay grandma :weeps:

BATTLE 5: Any Era of your Choice

thecptz - Kacey Musgraves

Daydreaming

Spoiler

Yvess: thecptz - 6: I expected more knowing that Kacey usually stands out when it comes to beauty challenges but I guess you are saving up her other best concepts for future rounds. Hope you made the right choice if even I am correct. The photos are very simple that it didn't standout to me. :sorry: 

Speezy: thecptz - Kacey Musgraves - 7 Its cute, and I love the colors in the photo. But a description or explanation could’ve improved your score. I like the grayscale one the most

Element: Battle 5 - thecptz - 7.0 - Cute and pretty cohesive for your theme! Again, I don’t know how much of a theme this is vs. just kind of forcing a word in. I imagine that Kacey is not serving too many high-art concepts in her photoshoots, so this is a solid entry if not lacking a bit of uniqueness. She captures the “daydreaming” concept through her off-center stares and looks stunning. The black and white photo was unnecessary though tbh. You could have cut it.

kipperskipper: thecptz - Kacey Musgraves-6 So i do appreciate the simplicity and beauty of this. I love the pastel purple background and Kacey's 70's hippie-esque style that pops through. However, the middle 2 pics kinda scream "IG influencer". Like any girl with an iphone can take these.

Touch It - Beyonce

Goddess of Maternity

Spoiler

Yvess : Touch It - 10: The photos + explanation is so spot on with the title you chose so I must commend you for doing a job well done! :clap3: 

Sabbath: Touch It - Beyoncé (Maternity) - 9- I like your description a lot ‘cause it makes sense the fact that she’s going after all of those figures for inspiration. However, I wish you stuck to one of the two visuals as they look like completely different shoots, and the explanation for either would’ve still worked. I think it’s a very cool and different concept and you can recognise it in the photos right away.

Element: Battle 5 - Touch It - 10.0 - Now THIS is a concept. The photo of her upside down is really a standout here, and I love how all of the pictures are unified with a consistent, vibrant color palette. She looks very naturally beautiful here, and Blue Ivy’s cameo is a fantastic addition. Your explanation was very well done and elevates everything to a transcendent echelon, glistening with history and mythological symbolism. Bravo.

Kipperskipper: Touch It - Beyonce - 9.5 Love love love!! This is a rih-demption from the other set. I love and appreciate the sentiment that these pics represent. I also appreciate your description because I got to learn who Oshun is. Beyonce portrays these important historical female figures in such a beautiful way and it is a beautiful maternity photoshoot!

Guero - Ariana Grande

"HEALING"

Spoiler

Yvess : Guero - 9: This is also a wonderful choice partnered with a great explanation. LOVE the concept and direction you went for in this round. :clap3: 

Speezy: Guero - Ariana Grande – 7.5 It suffers from what Jordin’s suffer. Its just a cute pose with nice effects. Its not bad. I agree with the first half of your story too. The girl went through almost all the emotions within a year.

Sabbath: Guero - Ariana Grande - 8.5 - Yup (yuh?), I immediately got that storyline before reading the description. This is simple done right.

Kipperskipper: Guero - Ariana Grande- 8.5: At first glance I was like "meh" but then I read your description and I think it sold me. Of course these images are visually stunning but now I can def see the "healing" side to this. There is definitely a story to this and you can see it in the way she poses and through her expressions. You can def feel the vulnerability that she portrays. There is a sadness to these, but at the same time hope. Good job!

• ATRL Moderator

Lmao

Just now, thecptz said:

slay grandma :weeps:

she did that with a 7.5 score :weeps: 

yes we know bey is winning my battle

Just now, Yvess said:

she did that with a 7.5 score :weeps: 

she's old :weeps:

Spoiler

Touch It - 9.625

Guero - 8.375 (-1 deduction but wont affect the team's overall avg)

thecptz - 6.5

whew a 6.5 :heart2: i'll take that!

1 minute ago, thecptz said:

she's old :weeps:

ikr... :weeps: 

Not Speezy being bitter that I left ha team! Tanking my score like that smh! 

TEAM ELEMENT - 0

TEAM SABBATH - 2

TEAM SPEEZY - 1

BATTLE 2: Debut Era/Second Era/Third Era

Alena - Selena Gomez

Classic Hollywood Beauty

Spoiler

Yvess: Alena - 8.5: This is a strong concept and it's pretty cohesive without letting go of the Selena Gomez aura we all knew. Love the B/W shots the most. :-* 

Speezy: Alena - Selena Gomez - 8 Nice homeage to the oldschool looks. It looks like she had fun in her photoshoot and I can tell by her by her smile and face. Its simple, beautiful and effective at the same time.

Element: Battle 2 - Alena - 7.0 - This entry feels a bit color by number to me. Yes, she is dressed up as a “classic Hollywood beauty” in a couple photos... but what else? What more could she have served here for us? The black and white images are phenomenal in complementing her appearance, but the two color photos throw off the cohesiveness for me. You could have done something like “Through the Decades” and explained how she represented the 20s, 30s, 50s, etc. Throw in some pics from the 60s, 70s, or 80s too if she had them and you’d have a top entry this round.

kipperskipper: Alena - Selena Gomez -7.5 Ok so ion know how to feel about this. I LOVE the BW pics. Like those are the definition of classic Hollywood beauty. The other 2 pics fit the buzz word for sure, but as a whole set it doesn't go together and it's throwing me off. Like the 1st pic is a tad campy and says 50's housewife whereas the 3rd one is like a flapper girl and the BW pics are like a Hollywood starlett. Of course those are all iconic female archetypes from the same era, but I wish this set only focused on one of those archetypes. I wish it were all like the BW pics. Nonetheless it wasn't bad so don't freak out.

BATTLE 2: Debut Era/Second Era/Third Era

Boys - Britney Spears

IMMORAL

Spoiler

Yvess: Boys - 9.5: This is racy during her time so I get the Immoral title. I like the pretty girl next door turning into a sex kitten explanation. :heart2: 

Sabbath: Boys - Britney Spears - 10 - Perfect. For the time the photoshoot was released this truly was provocative considering her image and audience, like you said. She looks gorgeous and the title definitely reflects what some conservative family’s probably thought of her. I remember reading or hearing somewhere that the first photo with the pink background was her idea, ugh her MIND. Could’ve done without the last pic as it’s so aesthetically different but since it keeps selling the concept strongly, I'm not that bothered.

Element: Battle 2 - Boys - 8.0 - I do like this entry but I don’t feel extremely drawn to it either. Your choice in the concept title is good. I think that immoral is a fairly strong term to describe everything, driven home with your explanation of how this photoshoot really made waves with parents at the time. It’s very interesting to see the generation gap here because I don’t think this would turn as many heads in 2019. One strong point throughout the photos is that they created a child-like environment to contrast with her “promiscuity”... trophies, teletubbies, bicycles, dolls, etc. While the images do not follow a cohesive palette or background, this theme serves to unite and does so fairly well.

Kipperskipper: Boys - Britney Spears- 7 Noah fence but I've never heard anyone talk about these or seen these pics:thing: But besides that...she's cute. I can see how these were provocative in the 90's. I don't think "Immoral" works at all. Maybe something like Rebellious/Provocateur/ Rule Breaker etc. would fit better as these pics aren't super risque. I do like the 1st and 3rd pic as they aren't as "posed" and doctored up. The 3rd one def seems to be like a screenshot of an era. It just feels so 2000's without being cheesy or corny.

BATTLE 2: Debut Era/Second Era/Third Era

kiiwii - Katy Perry
NEIGHBOR

Spoiler

Yvess: Kiiwii - 8.5: This is a pretty solid concept. I love the colors and how pretty Katy is in this photoshoot. CLEVER TITLE btw :clap3: 

Speezy: kiiwii - Katy Perry – 7 Your description helped I love the props and she looks stunning but something about the whole photoshoot seems artificial. Maybe the lighting

Sabbath: kiiwii - Katy Perry - 8.5 - my first thought when I saw this was the title “Girl Next Door” so I laughed a bit when I read that those were the first words you wrote for your description lmao. I think the photoshoot and buzzword match really nicely and she looks fun and quirky and classic Katy. One thing I’ve always hated about this shoot is the lighting tho, it’s so ugly sksksks.

Kipperskipper: kiiwii - Katy Perry- 8: I really like this actually. It's kitschy, cheeky, campy, but also has that pin-up feel to it. I definitely get the "Girl Next Door" vibe from this and see why you title it as "neighbor", as she is literally in a front lawn looking very sexy but not in an intimidating way. I love all the colors and how the images almost look painted. You can definitely see the birth of Katy's zany and quirky aesthetic within these pics!

oh wow we're 2-2 now :duca: 2-2-2??? :duca:

THE WINNER OF THIS ROUND IS....

Spoiler

Boys - 8.625

Kiiwii -  8

Alena -  7.75

TEAM ELEMENT - 0

TEAM SABBATH - 2

TEAM SPEEZY - 2

Edited by Yvess

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.