BTS sell 1.3M+ albums in 3.5 hours

hellocory

5 hours ago, Grumpy Gills said:

The hate makes dumber than they already are :ahh: 

FFF months later and you’re still mad sis (not surprised judging from.... nevermind) , the embarassment. It was a joke, stop being so obsessed.mp3 :ahh:

The way that y’all are calling me dumb when you’re here riddled up over a joke :ahh:

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hellocory

• Lady Bird

• Resquid

• TheSoneNavy

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Adonis said:

Payolla. Billboard doesnt actually count bulk purchases of albums and singles.

Be careful sis, don’t want them to pile up your notifications calling you racist etc... ?

35 minutes ago, Lady Bird said:

The way that y’all RAN over something that wasn’t serious :bibliahh:

Loosen up hun, embarrassing. :rip: 

Lady Bird indeed 

kqVcJb9_d.jpg

4 hours ago, RobDeWittBukater said:

Not directed at you specifically but...

Y’all do know that everytime y'all post “payola” or “bots” in response to a valid achievement by an Asian artist, it is more of an insult to your own intelligence than it is an insult to us or any of the groups we love. Hanteo is a physical chart (one of several to be exact) and while BTS' numbers are definitely outstanding and on track to amount to first week sales that might even surpass their previous two 1 million opening weeks in Korea, domestic physical sales tend to be very strong for Korean groups in general. It has absolutely nothing to do with payola and absolutely everything to do with promotion, marketing and the Asian Idol culture which has been around for decades :skull:

It is totally fine to not know or care about any of this. I get that. This forum is overwhelmingly US-centric and that is fine! But then maybe... don't comment on other music market you are not familiar with? Or do a fact check first so you can actually contribute from an informed stance like many users in this thread have done.

And sorry for this outburst (it's definitely not personal or targeted at you in particular) but after reading "bots" / "payola1!1" comments for the 1000th time (and not just in BTS threads, in virtually any thread relating to an Asian performer), it just gets a little tiring. I would expect ATRLers to at least try to come up with drags that have more substance to them and that aren't this easily clockable :devil: That's all.

:clap3:

6 hours ago, Resquid said:

It’s not really comparable tho. Korean fans HAVE to buy multiple copies of an album just to have a right to buy a concert ticket, remain in the fanclub and such. The market model is totally different.

very good job nonetheless!!:clap3:

This lie

People are really saying this is bots and payola :ahh:

Jesus, shut the **** up racists

Can someone post other massive artists first week sales (preferably the biggest first week sales) so us non Asian market folk can truly grasp how crazy this is? 

2 hours ago, Lady Bird said:

giphy.gif

writing "payola" was your joke? gurl you need better material

ummwhat.png

OT: oh wow, i can't stand them but seeing the anti-kpoppers fume warms my heart so i'm not too mad

2 hours ago, Adonis said:

Payolla. Billboard doesnt actually count bulk purchases of albums and singles.

You need to learn the definition of payola :lmao: 

8 hours ago, Resquid said:

It’s not really comparable tho. Korean fans HAVE to buy multiple copies of an album just to have a right to buy a concert ticket, remain in the fanclub and such. The market model is totally different.

very good job nonetheless!!:clap3:

Your racist ass getting them confused with AKB48, stick to talking about whities. 

Just now, Hongbin said:

Your racist ass getting them confused with AKB48, stick to talking about whities. 

I am literally japanese :clown:

I am literally in a Japanese University doing postgraduate research on media and celebrity :clown:

Literally half of my year is doing research on kpop and fan labor :clown:

you didn’t even read any of my posts on this thread and you tried to come for me :clown:

Just now, Resquid said:

I am literally japanese :clown:

I am literally in a Japanese University doing postgraduate research on media and celebrity :clown:

Literally half of my year is doing research on kpop and fan labor :clown:

you didn’t even read any of my posts on this thread and you tried to come for me :clown:

And? You've only speant half a year doing research on K-pop when I've been following the industry for 9 years. :clown:

AKB is the group that does what you said :clown:

Just admit you're racist against koreans and go:clown:

1 hour ago, levi_valvi said:

writing "payola" was your joke? gurl you need better material

ummwhat.png

OT: oh wow, i can't stand them but seeing the anti-kpoppers fume warms my heart so i'm not too mad

It did have y’all running and fuming so I kinda won. :party:

8 hours ago, AM98GJ said:

Out of curiosity, are these from the album sales in Korea that are priced a lot lower than in Western countries? Not being shady but maybe that's a reason coupled with their hype there

Edit: I'm saying this because I think I read on here once that albums in Korea are a lot cheaper right?

lol Korea is not a third world country. They cost more or less the same there.

I can’t wait until the MASSIVE Kpop payola scheme gets exposed. It’s not just BTS the whole industry is corrupt. 

Just now, Hongbin said:

And? You've only speant half a year doing research on K-pop when I've been following the industry for 9 years. :clown:

AKB is the group that does what you said :clown:

Just admit you're racist against koreans and go:clown:

I meant half of my classmates are doing a phd thesis on kpop and fan labor :clown:

i am 3 years into my phd, going on 8 years of fan research :clown:

how is me explaining a market model prove that im a racist :clown:

This is lame. I mean at least you could criticize the way I explained the model, but using the racist card to get away from this is just... :clown:

The way that y’all throw about the word “racist” so loosely FFF

2zpoK26.mp4

8 minutes ago, Shizzy said:

I can’t wait until the MASSIVE Kpop payola scheme gets exposed. It’s not just BTS the whole industry is corrupt. 

:lmao: fume MORE 

10 minutes ago, Lady Bird said:

It did have y’all running and fuming so I kinda won. :party:

you won by making a fool of yourself and being laughed at by everyone in the thread? i guess the bar for you winning is super low but sure, take whatever win you can get sis :party:

1 minute ago, levi_valvi said:

you won by making a fool of yourself and being laughed at by everyone in the thread? i guess the bar for you winning is super low but sure, take whatever win you can get sis :party:

Oh no 5 of the kpoppers laughed at me

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, Resquid said:

I meant half of my classmates are doing a phd thesis on kpop and fan labor :clown:

i am 3 years into my phd, going on 8 years of fan research :clown:

how is me explaining a market model prove that im a racist :clown:

This is lame. I mean at least you could criticize the way I explained the model, but using the racist card to get away from this is just... :clown:

You're explaing the market model by using Japan's Idol market model to dicuss Korea's market model. 

Maybe not racist but just uninformed. Kind of weird your getting a masters degree in this stuff though:clown:

10 hours ago, Squall said:

No shade but I really don’t get the hype for them

right. I don't get it :rip: 

7 minutes ago, Hongbin said:

You're explaing the market model by using Japan's Idol market model to dicuss Korea's market model. 

Maybe not racist but just uninformed. Kind of weird your getting a masters degree in this stuff though:clown:

Well I love kpop. And right now I get payed and I’m contributing a lot of literature to the larger field of copyright issues by basically just being a fan, which I figured is a nice way to live, so that’s what i’m doing :clown:

29 minutes ago, Golo***** said:

lol Korea is not a third world country. They cost more or less the same there.

I didn't say it was, I said I had seen on here that they were like $4? So pls.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.