Taki Taki sold 13M WW + 5 Diamond Certifications

Me & My Hits

It's absolute trash, but so it seems to be the case with all songs that go viral globally. Either Taki Taki was huuuge in India or they need to update their certifications:rip:

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PopFan1996

• Sad Serenade

• Me & My Hits

• lauren198

I thought the certifications are fake :psyduck: effortlessly slaying :clap3:

*6 It's actually certified diamond in Indonesia so edit that out 

21 minutes ago, alfonso12 said:

That seems so strange. I live in Colombia and no one here uses iTunes, the song was #1 in Spotify for 2 days only and the source says its Diamond. :psyduck:

All I know is that it went number one on every music platform (Itunes, Youtube, Spotify) Maybe it had longevity 

Edited by Selenashunty

remember when certain selena's haters said that it was a flop,poor delusional :fan:

It's one of the biggest song of the year.

Unknown User

I checked and that Indian certification isn’t on Wikipedia. Not you adding it in the table :skull:

18 hours ago, confide in me said:

:clap3: @ beating that garbage song

it didnt beat despacito, taki taki has 3B streams total and despacito has 6B just on youtube. despacito certs are probably just not up to date

7 hours ago, ilomilo said:

I checked and that Indian certification isn’t on Wikipedia. Not you adding it in the table :skull:

The Indian certification is real, DJ Snake is huge there (I read an article he's the biggest international artist there). this image is from DJ Snake's ig stories: https://isdb.pw/djsnake/2013205369284157984

Edited by lauren198

I mean, it should sell that big. It features 4 big artists in every part of the world and It would be a shame if it didn't sell over 10M. Especially considering how big Cardi B and Ozuna are rn. The other two probably didn't have as much impact on the song. 

13 hours ago, confide in me said:

:clap3: @ beating that garbage song

It absolutely didn't. Taki Taki is just updated because of their labels. Despacito sold 36M WW which is almost 3 times more than Taki Taki. Let's not get delusional! 

16 hours ago, Erreur2 La Nature said:

Streaming makes numbers so unrealistic :rip: The song felt like a flop/non event irl. 

Congrats though

Resultado de imagen para on mars maybe meme

proving once again why just because songs aren’t massive hits in English speaking markets doesn’t mean it wasn’t a smash, the rest of the world came through even if it isn’t my favourite Selena collab from her droplets  :clap3:

Certifications include YouTube? Otherwise the numbers don't add up, I mean the numbers mentioned on Wikipedia say this:

Austria (IFPI Austria)[130] Gold 15,000*
Belgium (BEA)[131] Gold 20,000*
Brazil (Pro-Música Brasil)[132] 6× Platinum 240,000*
Canada (Music Canada)[133] Platinum 80,000^
Denmark (IFPI Denmark)[134] Gold 45,000^
France (SNEP)[135] Platinum 200,000*
Germany (BVMI)[136] Gold 200,000^
Italy (FIMI)[137] 2× Platinum 100,000double-dagger
New Zealand (RMNZ)[138] Gold 15,000*
Poland (ZPAV)[139] Platinum 20,000*
Spain (PROMUSICAE)[140] 2× Platinum 80,000^
United Kingdom (BPI)[141] Silver 200,000double-dagger
United States (RIAA)[142] 2× Platinum 2,000,000double-dagger

And those include Spotify and Apple music...

Anyway, congrats to the people involved :clap3: 

Ozuna did that :clap3:

5 hours ago, PopFan1996 said:

I mean, it should sell that big. It features 4 big artists in every part of the world and It would be a shame if it didn't sell over 10M. Especially considering how big Cardi B and Ozuna are rn. The other two probably didn't have as much impact on the song. 

Selena has several hits,she has definitely an impact.:rip:

The actual certification list on wiki says 3.2m units. Where are the other 10m coming from?

6 minutes ago, B-Luke said:

The actual certification list on wiki says 3.2m units. Where are the other 10m coming from?

YouTube (because not all countries include video streams in their certifications).

I was in Cancun/Playa del Carmen a couple weeks ago and I heard it everyday while out there on the radio, stores, etc. So it's still getting decent play months later.

21 hours ago, Erreur2 La Nature said:

Streaming makes numbers so unrealistic :rip: The song felt like a flop/non event irl. 

Congrats though

It was a non event here in the US, but it was everywhere in other countries. 

2x plat in the US sounds ridiculous jsksksk

1 hour ago, B-Luke said:

Not every certification is on wiki. The indian one for instance is missing and he posted the plaque on his stories: https://isdb.pw/djsnake/2013205369284157984 Wiki just support regions that have the certifications visible on a website, most countries from Latin America doesn't have that

and his plaque shows 4 diamonds certifications wich are not on wiki too

D3piVb9UEAEed7s.jpg

Y'all think y'all know about his song performace better than him? :fan:

3 hours ago, lauren198 said:

Not every certification is on wiki. The indian one for instance is missing and he posted the plaque on his stories: https://isdb.pw/djsnake/2013205369284157984 Wiki just support regions that have the certifications visible on a website, most countries from Latin America doesn't have that

and his plaque shows 4 diamonds certifications wich are not on wiki too

D3piVb9UEAEed7s.jpg

Y'all think y'all know about his song performace better than him? :fan:

Educate ha

Cardi doing amazing

5 hours ago, Sad Serenade said:

Selena has several hits,she has definitely an impact.:rip:

Of course she does but she sadly peaked

India (IMI)[143] 13× Platinum 1,560,000

what?

emmanuel_punk

a HUGE hit as expected !

still hearing and loving it A LOT, an all time fave for sure

obviously for ATRL it’s a flop since most people here only stan for gay pop flop girls... and don’t know the world outside of it, no surprise

stats are there bitches soooooo :katie2:ain’t finish yet 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.