POSE ™ 002 | The Winner Is Announced!

Queen Conchita

Idk why people made it hard for themselves this round. It was simply just making sure your photos weren't from professional photoshoots. It's either you send a beautifully taken shot (e.g.: the photo that I sent for Aaron last season or KJ's Bella photo this season) or something funny/iconic/memorable (e.g.: the Pinkney (Britney with a pink wig) from last season or my Katy for this season).

Now it is really up to the judges how they would critique it but that would be very very subjective. Like more subjective than the entire season combined. That's why I kinda agree that this round should be a non-elimination but the hoest already made a decision and it's ha game so we follow.

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Queen Conchita

• Navyofbadgals

• boys

• Sabbath

• ATRL Moderator
4 hours ago, Lukey said:

Um.. well duh 

This round is horseshit

miss kim kardashian was also a pedestrian shot but pls compare the two

4 minutes ago, Tsareena said:

miss kim kardashian was also a pedestrian shot but pls compare the two

Yes, she looks nice aswell????

4 minutes ago, Lukey said:

See, I wouldn't even call these candid either because it was still a set up photoshoot and were aware that pictures would be taken. 

So red carpet photos would be out too. 

I literally googled candid photos don't blame me.mp3. This round is very "not clear" 

8 minutes ago, beatinglikeadrum said:

So red carpet photos would be out too. 

I literally googled candid photos don't blame me.mp3. This round is very "not clear" 

I read that red carpet photos also wouldn't be allowed, but look what we got :mandown:

Not blaming you sis

ugh we compromised with a single elimination i don’t see what’s wrong with that :deadbanana4:

43 minutes ago, beatinglikeadrum said:

She is not losing for that picture though. If you are able to do such a pose just standing you would fall. She is in motion, she doesn't look at camera. She literally doesn't know when the photo will be taken bcuz she is not looking and she is in motion. 

Following your thinking, none of red carpets photos nor performance photos are candid bcuz stars know that paparazzis are there, taking photos of their dresses/suits but yet there are photos of them on red carpet, when they are not looking on paparazzis and walking through red carpet. Charlize was running on the beach and they took photos of her and they ended up in Vogue while your ended up at last page of TMZ. Have several seats. 

It's like when you're watching an episode of America's Next Top Model and during the photoshoot they 'jump' slightly to try and get some motion. It is essentially choreographed and isn't really natural at all, rather an artificial recreation of what we perceive as natural. Motion can be faked, and it's quite clear that not looking at the camera does not mean the picture is automatically a candid shot.

And you're right - I don't think red carpet or performance pictures are candid because there's an expectation that pictures will be taken of you in that situation. Again, there's nothing unexpected about the timing or the pose, it's not natural enough for me to qualify it as a true candid.

As for your final points... please. She wasn't just 'running on the beach and they took photos of her'. They didn't just 'end up in Vogue' like you're implying. It's a photoshoot. She was given directions to follow and she did that, whether she's in motion or not, whether she's looking at the camera or not - it's still a photoshoot, she's being paid to look and move a certain way. It is not a candid picture.

dont wanna be a party pooper but since the start of this round, the hoest already asked if u guys are still in it for the theme of this round and the majority agreed to keep the theme

so i dont see any reason why we will have a non-elimination round coz of this... plus it is the judges duties to check if the photos sent to them were truly candid, i guess xo

24 minutes ago, Kylie Jenner said:

And you're right - I don't think red carpet or performance pictures are candid because there's an expectation that pictures will be taken of you in that situation. Again, there's nothing unexpected about the timing or the pose, it's not natural enough for me to qualify it as a true candid.

You can argue that for red carpet photos but not for performance pictures. A candid should be a spontaneous or unposed photograph. Performance photos definitely unposed especially when they aee being spontaneous.

Hopefully all judges sends in their critiques and scores so that we can all move forward. Hands down though, this will win the worst round in the POSE Awards and only a tragic group round can challenge this. :bibliahh:

imagine the fumes when the RESULTS are announced

Image result for EVIL LAUGH GIF

3 minutes ago, Yvess said:

imagine the fumes when the RESULTS are announced

Image result for EVIL LAUGH GIF

I can see it tbh. :bibliahh:

3 minutes ago, KatyCatPH said:

I can see it tbh. :bibliahh:

It will be a mess, and yes it will win the worst round. 

18 minutes ago, KatyCatPH said:

You can argue that for red carpet photos but not for performance pictures. A candid should be a spontaneous or unposed photograph. Performance photos definitely unposed especially when they aee being spontaneous.

But the act of performance includes posing through dance and choreography, and again, there is the expectation of photographs being taken.

Me sitting comfortably watching all you hoes go at it :alexz2:

49 minutes ago, Yvess said:

dont wanna be a party pooper but since the start of this round, the hoest already asked if u guys are still in it for the theme of this round and the majority agreed to keep the theme

so i dont see any reason why we will have a non-elimination round coz of this... plus it is the judges duties to check if the photos sent to them were truly candid, i guess xo

I WAS NOT HERE FOR THAT VOTE

#PeoplesVote #Referendum2

I think it depend if we consider candid photo as art form or literally tbh. But yet again, what is art ? #artpop

Imma keep my lips sealed though on this matter

2 minutes ago, Lukey said:

I WAS NOT HERE FOR THAT VOTE

#PeoplesVote #Referendum2

Brexit mess. Atrl edition. 

1 minute ago, Tsareena said:

https://www.picturecorrect.com/tips/what-is-a-candid-photo/

:cm: I referenced this for candids. as you can see the examples... photoshoots can still be candids. (doesn't mean they're always good candids)

Do you know what would have been good?

If this was posted with the round.

Lukey

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.