• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mediabase

• Enoch

• Aries

• Fastlane

:clap3:

The world doesn't reward pedophiles nor their families! 

4 hours ago, Tutankhamun said:

YAS @ Madonna collecting MJ's dust! She DID THAT!:clap3:

Before his death she was by far the most played legacy act on AC radio. Ahead of any other female, male, solo or group.

After his death in 2009 his airplay grew and he occasionally got ahead of her but it seems like in a just a few days she is going to be the only legacy act left in the Top10 of most played artists on AC.

It is quite shocking that she is so high considering that she is still alive and not dead like MJ, Whitney, Prince, George Michael etc..

Usually after an artist's death, airplay grows considerably. It happened with MJ, Prince, Whitney.

Edited by Mediabase

58 minutes ago, TheO™ said:

Living Legend P!nk is so loved by the soccer grandmas too. :) 

AC has EATEN UP everything Pink has released since 2007.

Madonna above him where she belongs. :clap3: 

I don't know if you know this or not but he's been dead for 10 years..............?

The fact that he's still anywhere inside the top 100 is ****ing amazing. 

6 minutes ago, Aries said:

I don't know if you know this or not but he's been dead for 10 years..............?

The fact that he's still anywhere inside the top 100 is ****ing amazing. 

Um, what? This is Adult Contemporary radio. Not Top40 radio. Airplay explodes after an artist's death. When you see names like Michael Jackson and Madonna it doesn't mean they play new hits. They play their hits from back in the day.

Death HELPS you on AC and Classic Hits radio. His spins increased a lot the years after his death like it happened with Prince, Whitney and pretty much any big artist who dies.

Edited by Mediabase

whew the impact of papa don't preach and into the groove, which are the songs my AC station LOVES to play 

2 minutes ago, Elite Four Brad said:

whew the impact of papa don't preach and into the groove, which are the songs my AC station LOVES to play 

My local AC plays the hell out of Vogue, Like a Prayer, Crazy For You, Live to Tell, Borderline, Holiday, Open Your Heart and Into The Groove.

3 minutes ago, Mediabase said:

Um, what? This is Adult Contemporary radio. Not Top40 radio. Airplay explodes after an artist's death. When you see names like Michael Jackson and Madonna it doesn't mean they play new hits. They play their hits from back in the day.

Death HELPS you on AC and Classic Hits radio. His spins increased a lot the years after his death like it happened with Prince, Whitney and pretty much any big artist who dies.

You obviously know a lot more about this than me! I shouldn't have came with the sass. I apologise.

3 hours ago, Mediabase said:

Their deaths are more recent and they arent in the top 10 a death will increase  spins no doubt but the fact that he is still top 10 after his death 10 years ago shows how strong his catalog still holds

Adele being that high with no new music in almost 3 years :jonny: 

9 hours ago, MANUELF said:

Their deaths are more recent and they arent in the top 10 a death will increase  spins no doubt but the fact that he is still top 10 after his death 10 years ago shows how strong his catalog still holds

And the fact that he was nowhere near  top 10 before his death shows how tragic death actually rehabilitated him and his career. 

5 hours ago, umich said:

Adele being that high with no new music in almost 3 years :jonny: 

Releasing new music or not doesn't really matter. Your songs are either classic or they are not. Adele's music is already timeless and will be played on AC radio for the next 20-30 years. Look at Madonna, she is almost in the Top5 exclusively with songs released from 1983-1990.

Adele, P!nk, Kelly Clarkson and Taylor Swift will be played for decades. Their songs are what will survive as Classic Hits from the 2000s and 2010s.

Is there any data for all time cumulative AI for songs or artists? I remember one award show (VMAs?) mentioned Maroon 5 had around 80 billion (all radio formats combined).

Radio in 2019 :ahh:

The collapse of MJ continues. He is about to fall off the Top10 and behind Katy Perry. That leaves Madonna as the only legacy act in the Top10.

No photo description available.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.