Hot 100: Ariana 1, 2, 3

LiveYourLife

9 hours ago, katytiger said:

and my friend dares to say Miley is more successful

Yeah, I feel like some people irl would still believe this, but Miley hasn't had a proper hit in over 5 years since Wrecking Ball. Malibu didn't really have any impact & the Mark collab is stalling in the low 50s.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• slw84

• Green

• Jude

• drivers license

Early predictions

1 7 Rings       405  (=)

2 Without Me       335 (+2)  

3 Sunflower       328  (+2)

4 Happier       296  (+2)

5 Please Me       293  (debut)

6 Sicko Mode 280 (+1)

7 Thank U, Next       278  (-4)

8 Break Up With Your Girlfriend, I'm Bored       275  (-6)

9 High Hopes       248  (-1)

10 Thotiana       238  (+10)

11 Eastside       222  (-1)

12 Wow       220  (-3)

13 Murder On My Mind       194  (+46)

14 Middle Child       194  (-3)

15 Girls Like You       188  (-3)

16 Going Bad       185  (-3)

17 Drip Too Hard       180  (-1)

18 Shallow       175  (=)

19 A Lot       173  (-4)

20 Money       171  (-1

21 Better       157  (+2)

22 Dancing With A Stranger 154 (+8)

23 Robbery 148 (debut)

29 Sweet But Psycho 134 (+8)

39 Red Room 113 (debut)

40 Nasa 113 (-22)

45 Bury A Friend 109 (-12)

44 Needy 109 (-30)

60 365 79 (debut)

64 Nothing Breaks Like A Heart 76 (-4)

Edited by simmnfierzig

When you give the fans what they want it pays off. Congrats to ha :clap3: 

The first of her name, Ariana Grande-Butera has shown time and time again why she is in fact... that bitch. 

8 minutes ago, simmnfierzig said:

Early predictions

1 7 Rings       405  (=)

2 Without Me       335 (+2)  

3 Sunflower       328  (+2)

4 Happier       296  (+2)

6 Thank U, Next       278  (-3)

7 Break Up With Your Girlfriend, I'm Bored       275  (-5)

8 High Hopes       248  (=)

9 Thotiana       238  (+11)

10 Eastside       222  (=)

11 Wow       220  (-2)

12 Murder On My Mind       194  (+47)

13 Middle Child       194  (-2)

14 Girls Like You       188  (-2)

15 Going Bad       185  (-2)

16 Drip Too Hard       180  (=)

17 Shallow       175  (+1)

18 A Lot       173  (-3)

19 Money       171  (=)

20 Better       157  (+3)

21 Dancing With A Stranger 154 (+9)

22 Robbery 148 (debut)

28 Sweet But Psycho 134 (+9)

38 Red Room 113 (debut)

39 Nasa 113 (-22)

44 Needy 109 (-30)

43 Bury A Friend 109 (-11)

60 365 79 (debut)

64 Nothing Breaks Like A Heart 76 (-4)

Where's SICKO MODE?

5 hours ago, Bey Admired said:

Streaming has made this too easy for today’s artists. If you’ve got a fan-base and a little hype, you’re going to number 1. It used to take months of promo, radio accumulation, and hard work for a song to go number 1. Now, all it takes is for the artist to put a song and video out on all streaming and purchasing platforms, all at the same time. 

Still a big achievement, but I saw this coming a mile away. It will start happening more often. I doubt any of these Grande songs will be remembered in 5 years time. 

Whew the BITTERNESS in this post.

Without Me is shaping up to have impressive longevity. The album isnt even out yet.

Ha return after Ariana album bomb :jonny5:

123 is an impressive achievement but also a perfect example of timing being everything. In so many ways. In this crossover streaming era there are a few artists who have latched on fast and are ahead of the game. Drake obviously. Rihanna was probably the first female but Ariana has now taken that baton and is running with it. Its gonna take years before it all settles to a level playing field. Just like it did when digital took over from physical sales. Some genres never ever even managed to fully catch up on digital.

8 hours ago, Sinister said:

Without Me is shaping up to have impressive longevity. The album isnt even out yet.

I see it placing top 3 for this year's YE H100 chart tbh. Really impressive.

4 hours ago, Green said:

If Cardi is credited for Thotiana she will snatch 2 top 10 hits next week  :jonny6:

and yg:clap3:

Young MA also released a Thotiana Remix  :rip: 

But this one is without Blueface so this version will chart separately

20 hours ago, Bey Admired said:

Streaming has made this too easy for today’s artists. If you’ve got a fan-base and a little hype, you’re going to number 1. It used to take months of promo, radio accumulation, and hard work for a song to go number 1. Now, all it takes is for the artist to put a song and video out on all streaming and purchasing platforms, all at the same time. 

Still a big achievement, but I saw this coming a mile away. It will start happening more often. I doubt any of these Grande songs will be remembered in 5 years time. 

Yeah valid points.

18 hours ago, jomarr said:

It really didn't. The surge of digital downloads back in 2008 did. Streaming is just another method but just as effective.

This is a huge achievement still. If this is such a common occurrence then more artists would have debuted at #1 considering their huge fanbase.

Well digital sales actually brought it back to the 80s formula of 50/50 sales and AirPlay.

the worst time was the mid to late 90s where people were debuting at #1 for repressing sales as soon as their radio deal had them top 15 in airplay or discounted singles or when the formula was 75 airplay 25 sales. Classics like torn and don’t speak had so many weeks at #1 on radio but no physical cd single release and couldn’t chart 

so digital sales actually corrected things 

the conspiracy theorists in me believes that it was interesting that after close to two years of all black artist reaching #1 (2003-2005) the industry all of the sudden changed the formula to lessen airplay when urban music was getting 4 formats (pop rhy urban urban ac) instead of 3

we are kind of in that era when mj you are not alone, Whitney shopping shop Mariah fantasy always be my baby, one sweet day high debut and then fall if not a hit but sustain if it is a true hit with longevity era before they went to 75/25 ratio 

10 hours ago, Rentboy said:

123 is an impressive achievement but also a perfect example of timing being everything. In so many ways. In this crossover streaming era there are a few artists who have latched on fast and are ahead of the game. Drake obviously. Rihanna was probably the first female but Ariana has now taken that baton and is running with it. Its gonna take years before it all settles to a level playing field. Just like it did when digital took over from physical sales. Some genres never ever even managed to fully catch up on digital.

Facts.

17 hours ago, simmnfierzig said:

Early predictions

I think it’ll hit 6/7 but good deal either way

9 Thotiana       238  (+11)

Won’t matter to me until yg and cardi are credited. But it appears if they push streaming remix and radio has so much room to grow this is for sure a top 3 if not future #1

14 Girls Like You       188  (-2)

Bye girl.

did ya thing and will probably end up a diamond single as land strong on decade ends chart.

18 A Lot       173  (-3)

deserves top 10 placement.

19 Money       171  (=)

Had a good run in the top 20. At this point longevity and 2x platinum will be the focus.

Slowly catching on

Radio play of her most recent singles (not counting CTTR and Feels that had much bigger starts - I think due to radio deals) and since many people were wondering if it could be a grower like Delicate, I included it too. 
unknown.png
unknown.png
So far so good on the radio front, although I'd wait a few days before making any conclusions from that because only Swish Swish was showing negative signs by day 5.

On 2/21/2019 at 2:38 AM, Ger-55 said:

Where's SICKO MODE?

Forgot a zero in it's streaming numbers. Fixed

19 hours ago, Green said:

Young MA also released a Thotiana Remix  :rip: 

But this one is without Blueface so this version will chart separately

thats just a freestyle like what Nicki did. I dont think it will chart at all.

And I think Cardi wont be credited for Thotiana, hopefully Im wrong tho, but Cardis remix was made available on Spotify in the middle of the week, with mediocre results, and the YG video got many more views than Cardis. So I guess they will credit Blueface/YG, at least for this week

43 minutes ago, XXXO said:

thats just a freestyle like what Nicki did. I dont think it will chart at all.

And I think Cardi wont be credited for Thotiana, hopefully Im wrong tho, but Cardis remix was made available on Spotify in the middle of the week, with mediocre results, and the YG video got many more views than Cardis. So I guess they will credit Blueface/YG, at least for this week

I hope she's credited too because the reason it's going top 10 this week is basically her youtube video with blueface which had more views than the YG video

Also the itunes version features both YG and Cardi.