Was the Liberation Tour successful?

hector.adriel

Let's make this clear, THIS IS NOT A THREAD TO START A STANWAR.

The question is simple and short: IN YOUR PERSONAL OPINION, was Legend X's Liberation Tour a success?

Here are the stats:

8.4M total tour gross

21 dates

400K avg. gross per date

12 sold out dates

74,000 attendees

3,500 avg. crowd per date

Edited by hector.adriel

The fact she only did theaters I would say it is successful

4 minutes ago, Anticipating said:

No tour that grosses less than $10 million in this day and age is successful, no

This. There is absolutely no excuse to gross less than $10 million on a tour. 

Tbh when you consider the fans paid about $115 per ticket, it's pretty good for someone who did smaller venues and was able to complete all but 3 shows.

She's smart in knowing that the 10 year absence since her last tour would probably affect her touring status, so they played it safe (minus that Denver show) and booked modest venues, and if they did the same in other continents could have a really good run overall.

I guess the stans of miss Spears have spoken whether Christina's critically acclaimed tour for her critically acclaimed hitless album, that received 2 Grammy nods, was a success or not.

8 million from 20 shows? No, it did terrible :rip: But ATRL holds Christina Aguilera to incredibly low standards while insisting that she's a "legend" so expect lots of excuses in this thread.

No. It didn't do very good at all. I like Xtina, but this just wasn't good and anyone else would be dragged.

5 minutes ago, Little Joannester said:

I guess the stans of miss Spears have spoken whether Christina's critically acclaimed tour for her critically acclaimed hitless album, that received 2 Grammy nods, was a success or not.

Britney stans or not, I’m asking for people’s opinions. Please stay on topic. Thank you. 

Considering the album didn’t even go Top 5 on Billboard and the singles couldn’t even chart on the Hot 100 the tour was a success. 

We can’t hold her touring power up to her other peers like P!nk or Britney. It would be unfair. 

Tbh, I think it was a cute little successful tour for the fans, I honestly hope she keeps touring, she could gross double or triple what she grossed here if she did a world tour. 

14 minutes ago, ItsJustMe. said:

she only did small venues so I don't think she could've made much more profit

so in that way yes, it was a success imo

I don’t think that is the issue. Several (not all) of POM’s tour dates were at small venues and Britney still managed to gross 2.7M with 2 dates on Radio City and a total of 11K attendees. 

Xtina grossed 1.1M at the same venue with 2 dates and the same amount of attendees (11K). 

The question here would be how much is the average concert goer willing to pay? Britney’s ticket prices are clearly a lot higher than Xtina’s, explaining why she almost tripled her gross on those dates.

JoshSpears1805

no lmafo , it wasn't even in top 100 tours that year 

1 hour ago, Halcyon said:

The fact she only did theaters I would say it is successful

alright but she couldn't even sell-out all of these small venues which already says something. :rip: 

No, considering she did small venues and did not sell all 21 dates. 

An average of 3.5k (aka a full, normal sized theatre venue) and an avg 95% tickets sold. It did absolutely fine for what it was ; a theatre tour

And it did a whole lot better than people expected for someone riding on 6 years without an album and 11 years without touring.

1 minute ago, Truth Teller said:

An average of 3.5k (aka a full, normal sized theatre venue) and an avg 95% tickets sold. It did absolutely fine for what it was ; a theatre tour

And it did a whole lot better than people expected for someone riding on 6 years without an album and 11 years without touring.

I agree, it did fine for what it was, a theatre tour. Some people here have to stop lifting Xtina’s standards to the skies, she did fine for her real standards.

Besides, she never was a touring force to begin with, IDK why people expected her to do more than these numbers. 

She hadn't toured in 11 years and her popularity had dwindled something awful after 2006. I would say for her extreme floppage and very low standards, the tour did okay.

I think it was pretty successful considering everything. Liberation was also a great album, I loved it, so I'm happy that X could tour to this capacity! :clap3:

It's a nice little preface to an actual tour, if you will. I think if she releases her next album in a year and embarks on another tour, she'll do way better.

It was nice to put the start, she can continue touring successfully next years 

On 12/27/2018 at 11:19 AM, hector.adriel said:

Here are the stats:

8.4M total tour gross

21 dates

No. 

Or I should say, for anyone else it isn't successful, but for her current state, it's good. 

Edited by YoYo

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.