H100: Thank U, Next 5x #1, Without Me #2, AWFCIY #6

Renan90

A song being its strongest in the beginning of its chart run does not make it frontloaded. :rip: Frontloaded would be a song that debuts #1 but tumbles quickly down the charts. Not a song that spends many weeks at #1 but eventually falls to #2 and spends a bunch of more weeks in the top 10. Otherwise, practically every #1 debuting song would be frontloaded.

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sinister

• Mr.Fenty

• Ger

• slw84

What the actual f. If Shape of You is frontloaded, I can’t imagine all the other songs. Ugh, this argument is senseless.

If this is the argument, majority of the hits with big first month, even with insane longevity, will be called frontloaded.

I just can’t fathom Shape of You being frontloaded. What a mess.

13 minutes ago, ChartsFan said:

Two separate things,  longevity,  is a song front loaded or not, two totally separate topics about  the charts.

a song run has three Parts. A start, a middle and an end, you could do a third each, or maybe a 25/50/25 split.

in either case, shape of you highest points were st the start. IMF were. Hello was. 

Despacito was not, it spent almost four months before going #1. It’s greatest points were in its middle section,

You're, once again, the only person who holds this view

no one will ever consider SOY frontloaded, but you

No one would ever call Candle In The Wind frontloaded because majority of its sales were within the first week of release, but you would

:lmao:

This @ChartsFan person is so pressed by Ariana, it’s been a couple months now :gaycat2: don’t you find it exhausting hun?

My fave is still slaying and that’s all I know 

1 hour ago, Jennifer said:

Sicko Mode is prob the defining hit of the second half of the year tbh. It’s still so huge and has been since the day it dropped. 

yup. 

11 minutes ago, gatito said:

This @ChartsFan person is so pressed by Ariana, it’s been a couple months now :gaycat2: don’t you find it exhausting hun?

My fave is still slaying and that’s all I know 

He’s pressed about any song/artist who became relevant post 2000 that sings pop/rap/hip-hop he’s just so miserable he sits in this thread and picks fights with everyone as a hobby

Another day, another pointless argument in this thread. :zzz:

Not SOY being front loaded fffff :ahh:

2 hours ago, ChartsFan said:

The definition for frontloaded states the beginning section of a process. It does not say or consider a daffodil how long that process is. As it is not relevant to the word,

You're trynna use a very extreme/literal connotation...stop it

Not even in marketing would anyone sit there and use frontloaded the way you are trying to...literally none

Stop arguing just for the sake of it :ahh:

And Despacito was heavily propelled by the Justin Bieber remix...it would've never went #1 without him

So technically if you track the run starting with the remix you'd say it was frontloaded too :ahh:

Thank U, Next could very well spend 10+ weeks at #1, with the Extended Director's Cut + Blooper Reel version of the music video coming. It still hasn't been discounted, and is still the biggest gainer on radio every day, even during the xmas freeze

Imagine being 50 years old and still dragging a 25 yr old pop girl for 7 weeks straight now. What  a very, very sad life and personality.

OT: Ariana #1 for 6 weeks. :party: It's gonna tie Born This Way as the second(?) longest #1 female lead/solo to debut at the summit (I can only think of Hello that did it longer so please correct me if you may). 

Btw

Every word is either positive, neutral, or negative. 

The connotation of frontloaded (especially in reference to songs) has and always will be negative 

the fact that with such longevity SICKO MODE has another chance to be on #1 in February :jonny:

41 minutes ago, ChartsFan said:

that would be week 25?  As it’s still six weeks away,  

surely we will have some fresh music by early feb,

yes ariana’s second single & album will be out by then :fan:

ıs money going top10 this week? what are predictions?

24 minutes ago, ChartsFan said:

If they were smart, they’d drop a Scott/maroon 5 track mid Jan.

i wish but ariana’s done with collabs & she doesn’t look like she cares THAT much about charts. she’s over bang bang types of efforts. otherwise she’d already have a song with drake since they’re label mates

8 hours ago, Jude said:

Imagine being 50 years old and still dragging a 25 yr old pop girl for 7 weeks straight now. What  a very, very sad life and personality.

OT: Ariana #1 for 6 weeks. :party: It's gonna tie Born This Way as the second(?) longest #1 female lead/solo to debut at the summit (I can only think of Hello that did it longer so please correct me if you may). 

3rd longest :gaycat3:

Adele — Hello (10)

Mariah Carey — Fantasy (8)

Gaga — Born This Way (6)

Ariana — thank u, next (5, so far)

2 minutes ago, umich said:

Adele — Hello (10)

Gaga — Born This Way (6)

Oh, thanks. Still an amazing feat.  :jonny5:

Edited by Jude

7 hours ago, ChartsFan said:

And they say I’m negative...

but yes I’m sure you and some other Stan cultures have turned the word into a drag.  However the definition comes with no negative connotation,

You are negative. You've been on this site all year, you've seen how frontloaded has been used throughout the months and in reference to certain songs

Not once have you said anything about it. Not once have you ever called SOY frontloaded and you've discussed that song on numerous occasions

Now all of a sudden you want to bring up dictionary definitions and hold onto something you know no one else, but yourself, views

What do you gain from calling TUN frontloaded? What is your purpose of doing so?

Give it a rest. TUN clearly has you bothered because you thought it would've already lost it's #1 position and fall, you came at it because she name dropped her exes and thought it would start a revolution in pop where all artists started name dropping, you tried constructing up a narrative that it was a weak #1 (lol), you went from calling it a meme that couldnt stand on it's own and shifted to saying it's frontloaded

Every week you find something else. So again I ask you, what is your purpose in using frontloaded right now?

P.S

Girls Like You is also frontloaded :clap3:

1 hour ago, umich said:

Adele — Hello (10)

Gaga — Born This Way (6)

You forgot one sweet day, literally the longest running #1 ever :rip::deadbanana4:

1 hour ago, umich said:

Adele — Hello (10)

Gaga — Born This Way (6)

One sweet day debuted at #1

makeme

3 minutes ago, Isaiah said:

You forgot one sweet day, literally the longest running #1 ever :rip::deadbanana4:

1 minute ago, makeme said:

One sweet day debuted at #1

makeme

The original post I quoted only specified lead singles.

7N3Bp51.thumb.png.5c26f2a846752d8c12cb7c

1 minute ago, umich said:

The original post I quoted only specified lead singles.

end us

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.