H100: Thank U, Next 5x #1, Without Me #2, AWFCIY #6

Renan90

Ariana Grande's 'Thank U, Next' Rules Billboard Hot 100 for Fifth Week, Halsey's 'Without Me' Rises to No. 2

must embed video if using

Plus, Mariah Carey's "Christmas" hits a new high at No. 6 and Post Malone & Swae Lee's "Sunflower" soars to No. 7.

Ariana Grande's "Thank U, Next" leads the Billboard Hot 100 (dated Dec. 22) for a fifth week, holding off Halsey's "Without Me," which rises to No. 2.

Meanwhile, Mariah Carey's 1994 holiday classic "All I Want for Christmas Is You" pushes 7-6 for a new Hot 100 peak, becoming the highest-charting holiday season-themed hit in, amazingly, 60 years.

Plus, Post Malone and Swae Lee surge back to the top 10 with "Sunflower (Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse)," which bounds to a new high (17-7), helped by buzz of the film Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse, which premiered in theaters Friday (Dec. 14).

Let's run down the top 10 of the newest Hot 100, which blends all-genre U.S. streaming, radio airplay and digital sales data. All charts will update on Billboard.com tomorrow (Dec. 18).

https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/8490513/ariana-grande-thank-u-next-number-one-hot-100-fifth-week

Hot 100

#1 Thank U, Next (=) [5x #1]

#2 Without Me (+1)

#3 SICKO MODE (-1)

#4 Happier (=)

#5 High Hopes (=)

#6 All I Want For Christmas Is You (+1)

#7 Sunflower (+10)

#8 Drip Too Hard (+1)

#9 ZEZE (-1)

#10 Girls Like You (+1)

#11 Wake Up In the Sky (+8)

#14 Breathin (-2)

#25 Taki Taki (-1)

#50 God is a woman (-2)

#80 Nothing Breaks Like A Heart (-13)

XXXTentacion's 'Skins' Album Debuts at No. 1 on Billboard 200 Chart

xxxtentacion-press-photo-2018-billboard-1548.jpg

Plus: Gucci Mane & John Mellencamp bow in the top 10.

XXXTentacion’s first posthumously released album, Skins, debuts at No. 1 the Billboard 200 chart. The set, which was released on Dec. 7 via Bad Vibes Forever/EMPIRE, is XXXTentacion’s second No. 1, and it earned 132,000 equivalent album units in the week ending Dec. 13, according to Nielsen Music. Of that sum, 52,000 were in album sales.

The Billboard 200 chart ranks the most popular albums of the week in the U.S. based on multimetric consumption as measured in equivalent album units. Units are comprised of traditional album sales, track equivalent albums (TEA) and streaming equivalent albums (SEA). The new Dec. 22-dated chart (where Skins bows at No. 1) will be posted in full on Billboard's websites on Tuesday, Dec. 18.

Skins is the first posthumous No. 1 album since Prince’s The Very Best of Prince re-entered the chart dated May 6, 2016 at No. 1, following his death on April 21 of that year.

Skins’ debut week was largely driven by streaming activity of the album, as it tallied 78,000 SEA units, which equals 121.8 million on-demand audio streams of the set’s tracks.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/8490709/xxxtentacion-skins-album-number-1-billboard-200-chart

Billboard 200: #1(new) @xxxtentacion, SKINS 132,000 (52,000 in pure sales).

Billboard 200: #2(-1) @MeekMill, Championships 129,000 (17k pure | 59k total pure | 358k total units) *peak: #1*

Billboard 200: #3(+2) @michaelbuble, Christmas 57,000 (16,000 pure sales | 4,269,000 total sales). *peak: #1 for 5 weeks*

Billboard 200: #4(+3) @ladygaga & Bradley Cooper, A Star Is Born OST 55,000 (35k pure | 578k total pure | 941k total units). *peak: #1 for 3 weeks*

Billboard 200: #5(new) @gucci1017, Evil Genius 51,000 (5,000 in pure sales).

Billboard 200: #6(+2) @trvisXX, ASTROWORLD 44,000 (3k pure | 445k total pure | 1.752m total units). *peak: #1 for 3 weeks*

Billboard 200: #7(new) @johnmellencamp, Other People's Stuff 44,000 (44,000 in pure sales).

Billboard 200: #8(-5) @6ix9ine, DUMMY BOY 43,000 (1k pure | 16k total pure | 192k total units). *peak: #2*

Billboard 200: #9(-7) @lilbaby4PF, Street Gossip 42,000 (1k pure | 6k total pure | 130k total units). *peak: #2*

Billboard 200: #10(+1) @Drake, Scorpion 42,000 (2k pure | 312k total pure | 2.855m total units). *peak: #1 for 5 weeks*

Edited by Renan90

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sinister

• Mr.Fenty

• Ger

• slw84

2ic7dbq.jpg

Halsey is killing it :clap3: 

Truly proving haters wrong.

5 Weeks at #1 :clap3: 

Who was the last solo Female single that get 5 weeks at #1?? Adele Hello??

Halsey being so successful and GP-friendly :jonny: 

5 weeks? Only the biggest song in the country :clap3: I really thought that she’d spend no more than 2 weeks at the top if she ever got a #1 :dies: 

1 minute ago, tylerrcrush said:

A Hot 100 #1 hit with longevity! That’s not easy to get, not everybody has that! :party:

Pretty sure Rei and OAHs will still find something negative to say. QUEEN ARI STOMP STOMP STOMP.

Just now, Mezter said:

5 weeks? Only the biggest song in the country :clap3: I really thought that she’d spend no more than 2 weeks at the top if she ever got a #1 :dies: 

Technically deserved 6 weeks so far but we won't get into that again :gaycat5:

Thank U Next feels like the biggest pop girl song in a long time. Very deserved. 

I think she’ll end up with 6-7 weeks. I have a feeling she will manage to fend off a threat like Mariah, and I also think she’ll get a bigger Christmas boost than Halsey, her biggest competition rn.

would be cool if Halsey directly followed her to get another female pop #1 in January 2019.

This chart definitely shows that the urban trend peaked this year and is starting to die off. Mo Bamba already being out of the top 10 is a blessing to our ears.

1 minute ago, MusicTalker said:

Thank U Next feels like the biggest pop girl song in a long time. Very deserved. 

I think she’ll end up with 6-7 weeks. I have a feeling she will manage to fend off a threat like Mariah, and I also think she’ll get a bigger Christmas boost than Halsey, her biggest competition rn.

would be cool if Halsey directly followed her to get another female pop #1 in January 2019.

This chart definitely shows that the urban trend peaked this year and is starting to die off. Mo Bamba already being out of the top 10 is a blessing to our ears.

Yeah, as an Ariana stan I was hoping Ariana could finish off 2018 and kick off 2019 as #1, but if Halsey gets it before then, it’s another woman getting a #1 which is much needed! Okay, Without Me is excellent!

Damn ladies!!

when was the last time we had two female solo (or female led I guess?) songs at #1 and #2

10 minutes ago, ChartsFan said:

Maroon 5, stronger than the energizer bunny!

27 weeks top 10...is this the most in 2018?

tumblr_inline_oljw9iImtJ1synt1f_500.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.