(K) Ewan Chaos's Top 27 Artists of 2018, A-Z!

Ewan Chaos

Hi everyone! I was a bit worried this year I'd need to skip out on a Best of cuz I'm super busy, but I figured out a way to fit this in given the long deadline we have and also incorporate my trademark quirky formatting.

Why 27 artists you ask? Well, the alphabet has 26 letters, and including a band with a number in the name, it comes up to 27! So I'll be listing my favorite artists of the year, from A to Z! I'll be giving my top choice for each letter a good write-up, and I'll also give the runner-up a small write-up. Below each letter, I'll also include a short chart of other musicians I enjoyed this year that fell under said letter.

I may have time to start this tonight, but outside of that I have no set schedule!

Hope you all enjoy my best of! I'll be sure to check out & comment on your guys's Best ofs too - WOO HERE WE GO!

tumblr_inline_pdle1huziO1ulcecn_1280.gif                  tumblr_pgx0fuLhYg1uj7adl_540.gif                tumblr_pbw2bbrxcc1sgzgv6_540.gif

tumblr_ou6qc2AN561vme7qqo3_500.gif

tumblr_inline_opydfjcz2n1ukrjup_540.gif

Edited by Ewan Chaos

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ewan Chaos

• madonnas

• TheWayWeWere

• Vilppu

Love your unique style!! Perched

Oh yeah I remember how you do your lists. Ready to sing my ABCs with you this year :gaycat2:

Will reply to comments once I post at least one update, so here we go!

Letter: Number: 123456789

Top Artist: The 1975

Image result for the 1975 a brief inquiry into online relationships

So it's a bit hard for me to judge this record as of now, given I've only been listening to it for like... a week and a half. But I do have to agree that, overall, it's their best one. I think they took the fun from the first record and DELETED the stupid "indie boy band" voice they used to do (like in "Chocolate" for example, wtf are they even saying), mixed it up with some lyricism of the second record, and added some new bits to the production.

"It's Not Living (If It's Not With You)" remains my favorite track from this record. It could easily pass off as a love song, but if you key in closer to the lyrics it's really about his drug addition - heroin specifically. It's really well-written, the backing vocals in the chorus really take the song to its heights, and the production is awesome. The progression in "Love It If We Made It" is killer. "Sincerity is Scary" is another top pick for me - there's something about gospel-like backing vocals that does it for me I guess. The "last slow dance at prom" vibes of "I Couldn't Be More in Love" is also awesome & the key change at the end is sick.

I could do without most of the ballads ("Be My Mistake" is pretty good though) and also the borderline pretentious songs like that Robot track, but overall it's a good listen!

Runner-Up: N/A

Others Under this Letter: *note bolded artists are other top choices*

N/A

On 12/11/2018 at 10:43 PM, TRF. said:

Can't wait. 

Legend thanks for commenting

23 hours ago, Wicked said:

Very cool and interesting.

You posting on all of my upcoming updates:

Image result for britney spears cool gif

23 hours ago, theblackestday said:

Perched

Thanks boo just having a retro moment of alphabetical... whatever!

20 hours ago, TheWayWeWere said:

I always like your  BOs :alexz3:

And I LOVE yours I still remember how we both stanned Clare Maguire two years ago

17 hours ago, Eeveelution said:

I’m ready 

The wait is over ❤️ 

16 hours ago, madonnas said:

tumblr_pgx0fuLhYg1uj7adl_540.gif

Me omw to post in your BO 

16 hours ago, World Eater said:

I always look forward to these :duca: Giphy Imgur Tumblr came through with the sponsorship!

:ahh: omg I completely forgot about that last year and how they cancelled on me for breaking my computer being homophobic 

15 hours ago, Superpower said:

Love your unique style!! Perched

THANKS I'll be sure to follow along your BO too!

14 hours ago, Tom Vercetti said:

tumblr_mqqvri7Nxi1qbtxe8o2_250.gif

King of GTA gracing my BO :worship2:

13 hours ago, Vilppu said:

tenor.gif?itemid=9649625

Tag yourself I'm the finger guns

9 hours ago, Remmy said:

Oh yeah I remember how you do your lists. Ready to sing my ABCs with you this year :gaycat2:

Easy as 123 BABY

8 hours ago, Vxspertine said:

Perched! :duca:

Thanks for commenting!! :-* 

1 hour ago, MP2K said:

come thru

it'll be cool

5 minutes ago, Ewan Chaos said:

You posting on all of my upcoming updates:

Image result for britney spears cool gif

:skull:

This album was... a choice. The concept is great, but the execution didn't do it for me. Plus some of those lyrics were idek. I liked one song tho.

16 minutes ago, Ewan Chaos said:
20 hours ago, TheWayWeWere said:

And I LOVE yours I still remember how we both stanned Clare Maguire two years ago

omg yeah :smitten: I need this bitch to release smth new , AONL was cute gift for this year, but we need album/EP or smth

wish I had something nice to say, but I dislike The 1975 / their album, and INL(ITNWY) is like, the worst song on it

KSGQT9N.gif

The 1975 album was OK. I think it was so unnecessarily polarizing for what is basically a 6/10. Matty Healy is likable tho I wanna root for him.

• ATRL Moderator

I like the 1975 but I just really don't wanna listen to the album IDK WHY

I like It's Not Living I think.

KSGQT9N.gif

the one song that had a slash (backslash?) in its title and sounded like a moderat demo was cute !

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.