♫ Mezik's Best of '18 / Songs #26-#21 ♫

Mezik

♫ Mezik's Best Songs of 2018 ♫

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

#24. 'Love Lies' -  Khalid & Normani ♫

Khalid_and_Normani_Love_Lies.png

This was not only a slow grower on the charts, but a slow grower for me too. It's such a perfect blend of pop and R&B, that it is not surprising it did so well on the charts this year. Khalid and Normani compliment each other's voices so well, that neither steal the spotlight on this track - they balance each other out. But when Normani decides to sing with her pipes, girl can sing. As well, the sensuality of this song really makes it what it is. 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

♫ #23. 'Dirty Computer' -  Janelle feat. Brian Wilson ♫

DirtyComputer.png

I have never been more hooked to an album opener more than this track. Janelle's voice is so rich, and the production is hypnotizing. It sets the tone for what is an incredible album, which is probably why I love it so much - it's the first impression of this piece of art. 

Edited by Mezik

Love Lies took awhile to grow on me too. 

I'll give Maddie & Tae a listen

♫ Mezik's Best Songs of 2018 ♫

#22. 'Tequia' -  Dan + Shay ♫

Dan_+_Shay_-_Tequila_(single_cover).jpg

I've loved these two for a while, but this year was their breakthrough year with their hit 'Tequila' that managed to crossover to the adult pop charts. The classic tale of relating alcohol to one's first love, a story that really isn't uncommon in country music. While Dan + Shay don't really do anything extraordinary to make it different compared to the dozens upon dozens of country songs with similar messages, it's a nice song to listen to. As well, following them you knew how bad they wanted to make it and it seems this song will finally open the next chapter in their career to reach super stardom.

#21. 'Without Me' -  Halsey ♫

Without_Me_%E2%80%93_Halsey.png 

After a highly publicized break-up with G-Eazy, Halsey released this masterpiece. I think everyone can relate to the subject matter of this song, and being a sucker for any song related to love - I pretend I'm Halsey in the music video every time I listen to it. Let's hope Halsey's upcoming album is filled with masterpieces like this, because I am excited for what else she has in store now. 

Dirty Computer was definitely an interesting collaboration, I didn't find it that memorable though.

Tequila is just okay to me, but I'm glad to see a country song crossing over this year.

Without Me + Tequila + Friends Don't :party:

I like Love Lies, though Bleachers "Alfie's Song" should've been the big hit from Love, Simon :gaycat2:

Dirty Computer is cute, I don't really think about it as an actual track, just a little intro.

Not a fan of Halsey but WM is such a bawp, Love lies is cute too! Can't wait to see the rest :duca: 

Without Me

Love Lies

Dirty Computer :jonny2:

• ATRL Moderator

I love the video of Without Me!!

Stan for DC

such a great opener :clap3: deserves more love from the peepz on here

• ATRL Moderator

Hm not a huge fan of anything.

I'm hoping to see Keeping Score too :eli: 

Tequila is so beautiful. :jonny: 

Lovin' your choices so far.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.