KasioKas' BEST of 2018! - #1 Album/EP #1 SONG FINAL UPDATE!!

KasioKas

REM, The Way I Am, LLC :clap3: 

Bad Time reminds me so much of End Game by T-Swizzle. I think that's why I love it so much :rip: 

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KasioKas

• prézli

• Blue Rose

• TheWayWeWere

RdcnQ2p.png

SONGS LIST (20 - 11)

20. Troye Sivan - Dance to This (feat. Ariana Grande)

Image result for 20. Troye Sivan - Dance to This (feat. Ariana Grande)

(The best idea Troye has made this year, was to ask Ariana to feature on this, rather than release it solo. When a feature elevates the quality of a song ten-fold, you know you've chosen correctly. This is my second favourite collab of the year, as their voices mesh well together and the tongue-in-cheek lyrics are sorta clever. Ariana tries to hold herself back as the feature, and adds ad libs that Troye did not that make the overall song better; and adds slightly higher notes without completely owning the latter half. Without her, the song would be a more basic pop song with little interesting moments like that. From the moment she comes in on the second verse, the song is infinitely better. (But maybe that's a bias opinion from someone who loves her voice as much as I.) The writing, is one of my favourite things about this song because I like the dual meaning of dancing to the music as opposed to having sex to the music. The word dance can be changed to f**k and make just as much sense throughout, but I like the clever disguise.)

19. Bazzi - Soarin

220px-Bazzi_-_Cosmic_album_cover.jpg

(For a while my favourite song on this album was "Why", but after listening again, I fell in love with this alot more. There's nothing special here lyrically, but he sounds excellent, and experiments with higher notes here more than any other song on the album, successfully pulling it off. It's a feel good song, and has amazing replay value, and he's another great find for me in 2018 because I don't listen to alot of male artists, but this one can sing well and releases good music, so i'll keep an eye out for him later on in his career!)

18. Sabrina Carpenter - Paris

Image result for Sabrina Carpenter � �Bad Time�

(Let's start with the instrumental. Minimal and perfect. It sets the tone of the song from the first second you hear it. Then in comes Sabrina, factual, sassy. She's speaking directly to the listener until the chorus kicks in and she begins to sing, swooning over Paris vs. L.A. It's so brilliant, it's so well constructed. Who is this girl honestly? It's really well done. Her voice + the instrumental is all she needs. Then comes the surprise of french commentary. How perfect to include that in a song titled "Paris". How clever is that? And then, final chorus, she goes off. Ad libs, background vocals take centre stage, high notes (!) and the instrumental picks up. Brilliant pop song. One of the best of 2018 by a girl so young.)

17. Julia Michaels - Heaven

https://images.genius.com/0fa7a02d171cf97a91a64d11ec6a929a.1000x1000x1.jpg

("All good boys go to heaven, but bad boys bring heaven to you."

What an amazing lyric. What a well written song, Julia has done it again. The hushed vocals over this is PERFECT. Her voice is slightly raspy and adds to the sex appeal this song oozes. The progression is PERFECT. I am still as in love with this song as I was the first time I heard it. This should have been the lead. I've never even seen the films but I don't care; more people should have heard this. The instrumental and haunting "Oooh" background vocal gives an eerie vibe while she sings through the verses. But by far for me the best part is the lyrics.

"Love's my religion, but he was my faith
Something so sacred, so hard to replace
Fallin' for him was like fallin' from grace
All wrapped in one, he was so many sins
Would have done anything, everything for him
And if you ask me, I would do it again"

It's masochistic, yet unapologetic. It's brilliant!)

16. Ariana Grande - God is a woman

Image result for Ariana Grande - God is a woman

(This is the greatest risk Ariana has ever taken in her career, attempting to release a song referencing a religious deity, where the main topic at hand is sex with a hint of female empowerment. I anticipated massive backlash, and surprisingly, there was little to non. Instead, it became a hit. She managed to release something that many women embraced, delivered her best live performance of 2018 at the VMA's and radio ate it up. I'll admit I personally felt a little uncomfortable listening to this one at first, but Ariana soars vocally here, demanding your attention the second the song starts. It's a pop song with a risky subject matter that is so catchy you try to overlook it. The instrumental is nothing special, but she's so great at knowing where to add ad libs, where to let her background vocals appear and where to strip it down, it ends up forming a great track you can't help but fall in love with.)

15. Victoria Monet - Water Fall Out of Love

Image result for Life After Love, Pt. 1 - Victoria Monet

(This is the peak of this EP, the peak of all the heartbreak. Amidst life after love there will be pain and anger before you start to see the light (i.e. part 2 of the EP). She sounds angriest here, at her ex who did her wrong. She starts the song somber, speaking to him directly, like the start of an argument that's about to erupt.When the chorus hits she finds herself alone wondering if he can hear her now, and hopes he cries his eyes out "So I can waterfall, out of love". I thought this was such a cleverly written song, it's mean but heartbreaking, she's literally pouring out her anger into the lyrics and BOLD enough to put it on an EP she will then have him PRODUCE. She confirmed this song is about Tommy Brown, the music producer she works closely with and had a relationship with prior. It's so f**king ballsy. It's brutal and honest and I love it. Sometimes when you're going through a breakup, there's no filter.)

14. Sabrina Carpenter - Almost Love

Image result for Sabrina Carpenter - Almost Love

(This song's explosive chorus made me love it INSTANTLY. :jonny2: I was so hungry for a pop song where the singer goes off vocally and here comes Sabrina giving me exactly what I want. The instrumental is playful and she starts the song the same way, before it changes completely in the pre-chorus and she gets more serious "We could give it a minute, But what's the fun in a minute?, When we could push all the limits". Then the chorus comes and she explodes. The lyrics remain flirty but all I care about is her voice, her ad libs and that instrumental. This remains one of my favourite pop songs of 2018 because she doesn't hold back for a second. That final chorus is everything I need and want from today's pop girls and it's LACKING.)

13. Jade Novah - Try

Jade-Novah-All-Blue.jpg

(Jade takes this moment to show anyone listening just how much control she has over her voice. It's songs like this that have made me fall in love with her completely, this year. The runs. The runs are intricate and frequent and beautiful. Her voice is centre stage here, and the first time you hear the song you don't pay attention to anything else, you're not even sure what she's singing about until you hear it again. The lyrics are great, the instrumental is great, but Jade's voice is the star.)

12. Christina Aguilera - Unless It's With You

Related image

(This is the standout on Liberation by leaps and bounds. It's incredibly mature and honest, it tells a story immediately of someone who refuses any and everything to do with marriage and the ceremony... until she finds that one person.. that one strange individual that changes her mind, that's the exception. She's cynical, and it IMMEDIATELY reminds me of Miranda from Sex and the City, Steve is who the song is directed at if Miranda was the singer. It's such a clear, relatable story and the best part about this song: Christina has never sounded better. My gosh that voice, I annoyed my friends so much by playing that final chorus over and over and over again. That final run where she builds up from the lower note to her final "MARRIED!" and ends the song with a whisper. SPECTACULAR:jonny4:)

11. Tori Kelly - Just As Sure (feat. Jonathan McReynolds)

Image result for Tori Kelly � �Soul�s Anthem (It Is Well)�

(Here marks my favourite collab of the year; and I didn't even know who the male was for a while. Here's what I like about Tori Kelly: The control she has, allows her to do mind blowing things with her voice. However, unlike acts such as Jessie J or Demi Lovato, she NEVER gets to the point of it being too much. She never over sings, there is always restraint. As she partners with Jonathan here, fortunately he's talented enough to keep up with her, and so it offers less restraint from her (the more experienced) and allows her to do beautiful things in this song, while he tries and succeeds at keeping up. It makes for a gorgeous end result.

Tori is also almost too honest here, I was surprised to hear the lyric:

"The nights that I cried (You loved me)
When I should've died (You loved me)
And that's the reason why (I do love You)"

It paints a disturbing picture. What's even more disturbing? There are more lyrics like this hidden among this gospel EP. Was Tori in trouble and noone knew?, and this is her way out artistically letting it out? That made me fall in love with this EP even more. We'll never know but this song is a cut above the rest.

-------

SO, after 150 songs, what made my top 10? ANY GUESSES? :gaycat2:

22 hours ago, lhdang2000 said:

The Middle + Home With You + The Way I Am + Bad Time. :jonny: 

The Madison Beer's slayage. :eek: 

Whew all great tracks this year! Madison made a fantastic EP! :clap3:

22 hours ago, Superpower said:

Only moderately like REM.

The Middle being so high... a choice was made 

REM is great wyd? The middle is a good pop song wyd? We're gonna fight.

21 hours ago, Bxtch said:

The Madison slayage

Resultado de imagen de it's what she deserves

Bad Time :clap3: the lyrics are amazing and the beat is so catchy 

:fan:

Say It To My Face was on my list last year but you KNOW it would've made it this high if I heard it the first time this year.

21 hours ago, kelly-clarkson said:

Finally I see Tori in a list that's not mine :clap3:

Bad Time is my favorite song of Sabrina, she did that :jonny5:

The Way I Am, Forget You Not, The Middle are bops :katie2:

QUEEN Tori, I will forever be in awe of that voice. Bad Time is a bawp!

20 hours ago, Remmy said:

LLC is decent... only listened to it once or twice though :oh: Same for most of the Queen tracklist.
R.E.M. is a cute one. We have The Middle in the same spot on our lists, slay! Bad Time, my fave from Singular :jamming:

Why are you like this? LLC is a bop wyd?? 

At least we appreciate The Middle though yay.

20 hours ago, Tsareena said:

cross your mind is a bop 
yas llc
fools :clap3:  bad time :clap3: 
the way is am is pretty fun

r.e.m. really has grown on me
the madison slayage :clap3: 

Yas! :katie2:

19 hours ago, Jet said:

REM, The Way I Am, LLC :clap3: 

Bad Time reminds me so much of End Game by T-Swizzle. I think that's why I love it so much :rip: 

Really I never thought of that. Whew LLC:katie2:

55 minutes ago, TheWayWeWere said:

Madison slaying :alexz: HWY should've been higher tho :'( 

REM :jamming: 

HWY maybe, it's a bop I love it.

• ATRL Moderator

Victoria Monet is a cute girl, will be checking her out more.

Almost Love + Paris :smiley: Unless It's with You :heart2: God is a woman :jamming: It took a whole month to grow on me, but she's a certified bop!

Dance to This :date: "The best idea Troye has made this year, was to ask Ariana to feature on this, rather than release it solo." I know better Troye ideas than this :keir: Such as making My My My! the lead single, Bloom's creation in general, blessing us with an extra song on the Love Simon soundtrack, etc.

5 minutes ago, KasioKas said:

Why are you like this? LLC is a bop wyd?? 

At least we appreciate The Middle though yay.

More like why is 2018 Nicki like this? :-* Yeah, apparently we're lowkey in the minority :keir: (based on what I've seen in other Best Of threads)

Dance To This is the best Ariana song of 2018.

Bazzi, I listened to his album but most of the songs sounded like copies of Mine so I never listened again. 

• ATRL Moderator

dance to this was so much fun.. took time to grow on me
Paris was pretty cute, God is a Woman, Unless It's With You :clap3: 

Dance to This and Heaven :clap3: neither made it super high on my list, but both solid tracks!

Unless I'm With You is definitely a Liberation highlight :clap3:

6 hours ago, Superpower said:

No lies detected :shutup:

I didn't know Tori released new music :rip: I'll have to check it out. Nice set.

Dance to This is cutie, probably best song from his album, along with Bloom

GIAW is flawless :jonny

wait @ secret Miranda reference in UIWY :jonny4: 

Ariana is def the highlight on DTT! GIAW missing the top 10 tho :'(

breathin and NTLTC are coming tho!

I'm really behind oop :deadbanana: 

some good stuff and it's nice to see someone else stan for Blazed :fan: 

Unless It's With You is prolly my fav from the last update

Yassss @ two Sabrina's songs. :jonny: 

She really snaps this year. :jonny: 

Unless It With You is cute. :clap3: 

Heaven is... heaven. :smitten: 

I wasn't on board with DTT for a while but it grew on me.
Wait I'm shook at Victoria being this high
God is a Woman :clap3:

RdcnQ2p.png

SONGS LIST (10 - 06)

10. Ariana Grande - No Tears Left to Cry

Image result for Ariana Grande - No Tears Left to Cry

(A brilliant comeback from one of the most traumatic experiences a musician can face in their professional career. She chose to return with an air of positivity, rather than a heartbreaking ballad. The introduction was perfect leading up to the up-tempo chorus, the lyrics are uplifting and honest, and the music video was at the time, the best of her entire discography bar none. It added a great deal to the quality of the song. It's a song I only listen to if i'm in a similar happy mood, but enjoyed very much when it was first released and has become one of my most played tracks of the year.)

09. Raye, Mabel, Stefflon Don - Cigarette

Image result for Raye, Mabel, Stefflon Don - Cigarette

(The ultimate bop of 2018 :jonny4:. If you haven't heard this, especially blasting out loud at a party/club, you're missing out. This song is so well constructed  and Raye sounds great here, but the instrumental shines the most. The features are perfect, and I can't picture the song without them. It's such an excellent trashy bop and I never got tired of it. This, above all else on her EP, should'e been a top 40 hit. This proves that Raye is a pro at selecting the right sound that both extremely entertaining and one that she can excel at, and not have features outshine her. One of the features has a caribbean-esque vibe to her flow that I relate too having lived there so I think that adds to the massive appeal I have for this track. Best bop of 2018.)

08. Madison Beer - Teenager in Love

Image result for Madison Beer � �Fools�

(I know, this is an odd top 10 right? Idk why this stuck out to me more than the others on the EP, but it did. Say it To My Face, which was extremely high on my 2017 list, and this track are my favourites. It's just such a sweet song, it shows a kinder, gentler side to Madison, who often sounds more demanding or sassy (HWY, Hurts Like Hell, Say it to my Face, Dead). I love the subtle runs, how the background vocals so beautifully matches to the lead vocal on the chorus, and the lyrics most of all. It's something I can picture myself singing to a loved one some day you know? It's beautiful, and one of my faves of 2018.)

07. Ariana Grande - goodnight n go

Image result for Ariana Grande � �borderline� (feat. Missy Elliott)

(I immediately fell in love with this song and claimed it as my fave the first time I listened to the album. MY GOODNESS does she sound magical here. Ariana has a way of softening her voice, matching it to beautiful harmonic background vocals to make this airy sound that I just love. Above all else, the lyrics tell a tale that you can visualise as you listen to this song. I may be biased but I slightly enjoy the way Ariana sings it over the original because there's a modern touch to the production and the layering of her voice I prefer. The final runs at the end of the chorus after "just say goodnight n go" are my favourite thing about the song, as is that SPECTACULAR final verse. This is one of my favourites of her entire discography!)

06. Charlie Puth - How Long

Image result for Charlie Puth � voicenotes

(What I love most about this is are the lyrics, he's clearly the bad guy and makes no apologies for it, but alters from the girl's to the guy's perspective regularly, which is an interesting approach. The guy's perspective in the verses immediately apologises, admitting he was wrong, while the girl's in the chorus asks how long it's been going on. I love that. Furthermore, he sounds excellent here vocally, I dare say more so than on any other song on the album, especially that final high note in the chorus. Charlie's love for unique melodies coupled with having a great voice that allows him to go that high without fear both in the studio and in live performances is what I love about him the most.)

Edited by KasioKas

sLb2REO.png

Albums List (05 - 01)

(Each album featured on this list will include two of my favourites)

05. Hiding Place - Tori Kelly

Image result for Tori Kelly � �Soul�s Anthem (It Is Well)�

(Ofcourse a gospel genre will turn some away, but I went for it immediately, because if all else fails the girl can SING and that is enough. Fortunately, the songs aren't a bore at all, quite the opposite. She has alot of up-tempo pop songs that have the positive gospel-esque lyrics attached but never in a cringey way. I feel like secretly, Tori has been wanting to fo this all along, and nabbing the famous Kirk Franklin to collaborate with as composer was a perfect move, probably by the clever Scooter Braun. The EP has some excellent tracks that, the more I listened to, the more I fell in love with more and more. "Masterpiece" in particular, has no restraint from Tori vocally, and lyrically is one of the best on the album in terms of her flexing herself while also giving praise and thanks for her talents. 

Let's talk about those talents. TORI KELLY CAN SING. :jonny4:SHE CAN SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNGGG :jonny4:

I love this bxtch so much for the insane control she has over her voice. It gets me everytime. Every song has a run or high note or something that makes you pause and rewind. It's incredible. She's taken quite a pause since her last release, and that's been quite annoying, and in her live performance leading up to this release I was a bit on edge, but I'm really glad she released this now that all's been said and done. I don't know whether she'll be exclusively gospel now, but with that voice I want new music regardless the genre.

The lyrics are often hauntingly honest, and the features she chose are all extremely talented as well. In particular, Jonathan McReynolds sounds excellent in his verses on "Just As Sure" and together they harmonise exquisitely, causing that song to rank very highly on my year-end list. It took a little while, but this has become one of my favourite releases because she's still got it. Lyrically and vocally she's still got it. The Grammy's agree too given her multiple noms this year. ):clap3:

Image result for I listen to singers, I very rarely listen to people who cannot sing... gif

PERIOD.

Recommend: Masterpiece (feat. Lecrae) // Help Us To Love (feat. The HamilTones) // Just As Sure (feat. Jonathan McReynolds)

04. Side Tape - EP - RAYE

Image result for RAYE & Achi Avelino � �Slower�

(I think I found Raye on spotify? I heard a couple of singles and was surprised that I enjoyed all of them, and that none were charting, but ofcourse a british girl would find difficulty finding success in America. It went largely under the radar, but I hope this doesn't discourage her because she will be huge someday, most likely in the UK first, given the right single. If I ever see her performing anywhere near me i'll definitely go support her now that I know of her and her music, because this EP is fantastic! It's just a collection of bops. That's it. Just pure, entertaining as f***, well produced bops alongside a number of features that surprisingly never feels like too much, or outshines her in any way. It's so unapologetic in its lyrics, from start to finish it grabs you in and gets you moving and by the end you just want to play it all over again. Several songs on this are on my playlist for a night out and will probably continue to be for a while. I guarantee there will be at least one song on here you'll end up really liking, she a great writer, great singer and beautiful. The makings of a star.)

Recommend: Confidence // Cigarette // Crew

03. As She Pleases - Madison Beer
:3rdplace:

Image result for Madison Beer � �Fools�

(When I heard Dead, I thought, meh she sounds nice, cute pop song. When I heard Say It To My Face, I was gagged. It was such a massive hit to me, the light-bulb kinda went on and I knew she was one to watch. Fast forward to her EP release in February where I ended up liking every song, bar maybe Tyler Durden. For an EP to then hold my attention for that long a period and end up in my top 3 at the end of the year, from an artist i'd just discovered as a recommendation, is beyond surprising for me, but I kept listening to this on and off all year, and never got sick of the bop "Home With You", the sweet "Teenager in Love" or the bad*** "Say it to my Face". Her voice has a slightly unique tone, but her runs are effortless and she adds superb ad libs to elevate the quality of her music beyond just another boring pop song. The lyrics, like Sabrina Carpenter, mask her as a grown a** woman when she's far younger than she sounds, and that's certainly a benefit to her, as it goes well with her voice and looks. It's a shame she's no longer working with Braun because she's clearly a star and can bring alot to the dying pop genre right now; I look forward to hearing more from her in 2019! Thanks @Bxtch for recommending!!)

Recommend: Say It To My Face // Teenager in Love // Fools // Heartless

02. Sweetener - Ariana Grande
:2ndplace:

Image result for Ariana Grande �¢ï¿½ï¿½ �¢ï¿½ï¿½borderline�¢ï¿½ï¿½ (feat. Missy Elliott)

(Ariana was able to return triumphant, after an extremely traumatic terrorist attack almost put an end to her career. However, she grew in every way. Personality-wise she's grown to be kinder, now gaining a stronger, closer fan base than before the incident, music-wise she's experimented more with her lower register as well as sounding more melodic and opting to stray from the pure pop sound of previous releases, and visually her music videos are easily the best of the discography.
But, there are drawbacks to Sweetener as well. Opting for Pharell as a collaborative partner, while I personally don't think was a bad idea because we got some great songs out of it, was questionable as an almost exclusive option. Sure, she relied on Max Martin for some tracks, and working mostly with Pharell led to a more cohesive sound (which is a plus and helped with the massive acclaim this album gained), but the lyrics more than anything, sounded only slightly more mature than previous releases, while still having some kid friendly lyrics that I didn't care for, like on Get Well Soon. I would've preferred collaborating with a wider mix of producers like Tommy Brown, Babyface etc, because the album isn't without its faults. Pharell's cue to be present in most of the tracks as a background vocal lowers the replay value of some songs, and the often random samples like in TLIC are absolutely horrid. I started to grow slightly tired of some of the tracks, which never happens for me as an Ariana fan, and that's extremely worrisome because the second I heard this album, I still thought Dangerous Woman was miles better, as did alot of the fanbase. That shouldn't be the case. Vocally, Ariana sounds spectacular as always, knowing exactly how to layer her voice to sound dreamy on tracks like R.E.M. and goodnight n go, and explosive on songs like God is a Woman and breathin', and those are some of the highlights of the album, but the production and Missy feature lower my rating for this album a tiny bit.

All in all my favourite album of the year because some songs are still on repeat to this day. The cohesive message of positivity & life-affirming messages entwined with love in all of the songs' lyrics is brilliant, like in Get Well Soon, breathin', NTLTC, Sweetener etc, as well as stunning melodies make this a highlight. In creating this album Ariana says this, which is one of PRIME reasons I am such a fan of hers:

“Those moments to me are when a song comes together,” Ariana says. “When you get to the chorus, you do a couple of ad lib takes and you do all the harmonies in the world. My favourite things are vocal production, harmonies, and vocal arrangement. That’s when a song has its legs.”
I feel the EXACT same way, and that's why her music is so bloody appealing to me. )

Recommend: breathin' // goodnight n go // God is a woman

01. Singular Act I - Sabrina Carpenter
:1stplace:

Image result for Sabrina Carpenter � �Bad Time�

(THIS body of work brought me the MOST joy this year. Here comes this female i've never heard before giving me more amazing pop songs than some of my faves this year, as well as incredible vocals, AMAZING production, and cute visuals, and she's younger than them all! It was such a slap in the face surprise for me. It was so unexpected :jonny2:. Every song I listened to I instantly loved, without exception. The lyrics were mature, clever and sassy. She knows how to add the best ad libs to the right places, has amazing high notes and her runs sound effortless. She's subtle when she needs to be on songs like Mona Lisa and EXPLOSIVE on songs like Almost Love and Sue Me where she demands your attention. She quite literally sings "Sue me for being something you can't forget!" and she's spot on! :katie2:When she needs to sound sad, nonchalant or angry the emotion comes across clearly in her voice aided by the song lyrics. I never saw this coming. This EP has been on repeat for an embarrassingly long time since its release and i'm not sick of it at all yet. Every song either shines vocally or production wise, there's no criticism of her creativity in the topics she chooses to sing about or her voice; to make me happier than even Ariana's release is a feat among itself for me personally, but I can't deny that I enjoyed this more than Sweetener by a fair margin. This EP is prfct. :eli: (Thank you again @Bxtch for recommending.)

Recommend: Sue Me // Paris // Almost Love

Thank you for checking out my personal best album/EP's of 2018. I know some of it might come as a shock but honestly, pop music dominated my library this year, FAR more than RnB and Indie music. The fact of the matter is there were only a select few artists that impressed me, and I've found a very surprising number of new artists this year that i've fallen head over heels in love with: Jade Novah, Sabrina Carpenter, Raye, Charlie Puth (I didn't know about him prior to 'Voicenotes' surprisingly) Bazzi, Lauv!, and discovering their new sounds was enough for me to still label this year one of my absolute favourites strictly in terms of music. So there you have it.

Top 5 songs coming tomorrow!

Edited by KasioKas

Heard about Sabrina before but never give her a chance. I'll do it later :gaycat3:

On 12/20/2018 at 9:32 PM, madonnas said:

Victoria Monet is a cute girl, will be checking her out more.

Please do, both EP's released this year are great and i'm sure you'll find a few tracks you enjoy. 

On 12/20/2018 at 9:37 PM, Remmy said:

Almost Love + Paris :smiley: Unless It's with You :heart2: God is a woman :jamming: It took a whole month to grow on me, but she's a certified bop!

Dance to This :date: "The best idea Troye has made this year, was to ask Ariana to feature on this, rather than release it solo." I know better Troye ideas than this :keir: Such as making My My My! the lead single, Bloom's creation in general, blessing us with an extra song on the Love Simon soundtrack, etc.

More like why is 2018 Nicki like this? :-* Yeah, apparently we're lowkey in the minority :keir: (based on what I've seen in other Best Of threads)

Almost Love & Paris are excellent get some taste.

You might be right about Troye though My My My! as lead was an excellent choice. nn. The Love Simon track is just okay.

On 12/20/2018 at 10:24 PM, Superpower said:

Bazzi, I listened to his album but most of the songs sounded like copies of Mine so I never listened again. 

LIES. Imagine, Breathin' God is a Woman and NTLTC are all excellent.

I really enjoyed Bazzi, he has a great voice surprisingly and a handful of songs have great replay value.

On 12/20/2018 at 11:32 PM, Tsareena said:

dance to this was so much fun.. took time to grow on me
Paris was pretty cute, God is a Woman, Unless It's With You :clap3: 

Yas taste! :clap3:

On 12/21/2018 at 12:31 AM, wabayou said:

Ariana, Sabrina, and Julia :clap3: 

All queens, all gave me life in 2018.:clap3:

On 12/21/2018 at 5:06 AM, potent said:

Dance to This and Heaven :clap3: neither made it super high on my list, but both solid tracks!

Unless I'm With You is definitely a Liberation highlight :clap3:

Absolutely, i'm still flawed by how excellent she sounds on Unless It's With You.:clap3:

On 12/21/2018 at 5:45 AM, Wicked said:

I didn't know Tori released new music :rip: I'll have to check it out. Nice set.

Please do if you're a fan. Idk if you're into gospel music but vocally she's excellent. Give Masterpiece and Just As Sure a shot. Let me know if you like 'em at all.

On 12/21/2018 at 9:13 AM, TheWayWeWere said:

Dance to This is cutie, probably best song from his album, along with Bloom

GIAW is flawless :jonny

wait @ secret Miranda reference in UIWY :jonny4: 

Agreed re: Dance to this, it's a highlight on the album. yup the Miranda reference was obvious to me, i'm right, right?

On 12/21/2018 at 5:07 AM, potent said:

No lies detected :shutup:

MASSIVE, COLLOSAL lie detected. How dare you? I hate you.

On 12/21/2018 at 1:04 PM, Mark Rih said:

Ariana is def the highlight on DTT! GIAW missing the top 10 tho :'(

breathin and NTLTC are coming tho!

Giaw was great but the subject matter kinda rubs me the wrong way sometimes idk why.

On 12/21/2018 at 2:05 PM, Navyofbadgals said:

I'm really behind oop :deadbanana: 

some good stuff and it's nice to see someone else stan for Blazed :fan: 

Unless It's With You is prolly my fav from the last update

Thanks for checking in anyway! Blazed is a highlight, anyone who disagrees lacks taste. It's that simple.

On 12/21/2018 at 10:16 PM, Bxtch said:

Paris and Almost Love :heart2: Sabrina delivered pop perfection ugh

GIAW :clap3: Ariana really snaped with this one 

Sabrina absolutely did! You might wanna check out the latest and final album update!:fan::heart2::heart2::heart2:

On 12/22/2018 at 2:04 AM, Jet said:

GIAW & DTT Ariana making her presence known :clap3: 

But ofcourse! Pop queen did that in 2018!:clap3:No doubt i'll be seeing similar high rankings on your rate babe:fan:

On 12/22/2018 at 3:05 PM, Maddox said:

Dance to This is a grower for sure, GIAW's lyrics are a kii but still a tune, Unless It's With You :heart2: 

Glad you agree!:clap3:

21 hours ago, lhdang2000 said:

Yassss @ two Sabrina's songs. :jonny: 

She really snaps this year. :jonny: 

Unless It With You is cute. :clap3: 

Heaven is... heaven. :smitten: 

oop there's more re: Sabrina:clap3:Check out the latest album update! Heaven is arguably Julia's best!

19 hours ago, MP2K said:

I wasn't on board with DTT for a while but it grew on me.
Wait I'm shook at Victoria being this high
God is a Woman :clap3:

Loved Victoria this year, amazing EP's. Couldn't help but place her very high because I was thoroughly entertained. Did you listen/enjoy her music this year?

Bitch both sets are amazing! the taste JUMPED OUT :jonny5:

no tears left to cry, Teenager In Love, goodnight n go and How Long :heart2: (I need to check out Cigarette :soda:)

Perfect top 3 for albums :clap3: (if I did one mixing EPs + albums it would be the same  :eli:) I didn't expect Sabrina to snatch the #1 tho! :eek: 

Really glad you enjoyed both recommendations:hug:  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.