#30 - #21 | jpow’s 2018 countdown

khalyan

I Want Your Love, Forever and no tears left to cry :party: What a fun trio

Your past lists are pretty solid so I'm ready to see more from this one :gaycat2:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• khalyan

• Dom

• prézli

• Blue Rose

STAN Marina/Baby!

Didn't expect anyone else on ATRL to know Shallou :eek: Good pick & a good EP/mini album? idk

NTLC & Forever are also bops!

On 12/11/2018 at 2:46 AM, jpow said:

Oh wow she SNAPPED! Her face like:

6a5ow4d.gif

so confidant and casual.

I love I Want Your Love so much, it's such a good cover, I wish Gaga would do this style of music for a whole album, or half an album or something :jonny: 

3 hours ago, Dom said:

OKAY MISS THANG, NO TEARS LEFT TO CRY IS BOP.

!!

I don't remember Forever but I liked Get Out and Never Say Die from their album :keir:

Baby is a bop :jamming: no tears left to cry was cute for a week but it aged really badly for me :jonny:

No Tears, Forever and Baby :heart2: 

• ATRL Moderator

Update #2 - Songs #30 - #21

30. Shallow - Lady Gaga & Bradley Cooper

29. 100 Years - Florence + the Machine

28. Underwater - RUFUS DU SOL

27. Strangers - Sigrid

26. Kitty Girl (feat. Kennedy Davenport) - RuPaul

25. This Morning (feat. Anjulie) - Alex Lustig

24. Sit Next to Me (Stereotypes Remix) - Foster the People

23. Whispers - Svrcina

22. Sunday Morning (feat. Josie Dunn) - Matoma

21. Honey - Robyn

Shallow was great as another suprise smash for Gaga this year.   I still haven’t seen ASIB but I’ve been wallowing in some of her songs every day since the soundtrack was released.  Just like my first update, chill electronica is prevelent in these update, with both Underwater and This Morning making the list.  On a side note, the new Rufus Du Sol album was one of my absolute favorites this year, they really improved over their first release.  Pop also did well in this update, with Strangers and Whispers making me bop all year.  I was really excited for Sigrid’s album release at the beginning of this year, but the songs after Strangers that she has released are not the tea and tbh I’m not perched anymore but at least she delivered two really good songs so far.  100 Years is the first of three Florence songs on my countdown this year.  I went to her concert in Dallas, waited in line for 5 hours and didn’t eat or drink anything all that day just so get a spot at the barricade and it was well worth it after getting front row near center for the entire concert.  100 Years went OFF live too. 

Kitty Girl was the best thing from AS3 that happened this year, and AS3 winner Kennedy Davenport really shined in the music video with her choreography.  I’ve been bopping to new RuPaul music for as long as RPDR as been on and Kitty Girl wasn’t any different.  Sit Next to Me was a pleseant return for Foster the People, and I enjoyed both the original and the remix but the remix just had a little bit extra that I loved.  Sunday Morning is a fantastic EDM track that really channels the EDM that was being made at the beginning of the year.  The Matoma album is pretty good as well, so if you enjoy this style of music I highly suggest listening to it.  And last is Robyn, with her first of two tracks on my countdown.  The entire Honey album was really spectacular, and the namesake single served some of the highest quality fo the entire year.  She really did that

• ATRL Moderator

Floor Routine #5 - Gracie Kramer (UCLA)

UCLA had a dream season this year, ending with their first NCAA title in 8 years.  Their floor routines are known for being some fo the coolest and best choreographed routines in the nation, with head coach Miss Val bringing a little bit extra to the routines over their competitors.  Gracie Kramer was the lead off floor routine for the majority of the season, a very important role for the UCLA team and she never let the team down.  This routine against SJSU was probably the best she did this routine during the year, ending with a 9.9 which is huge for one of the first to go in the lineup.  Her routine for 2019 has even better choreography than this IMO and I can’t wait to see how she does in the upcoming season. 

• ATRL Moderator

On 12/12/2018 at 2:53 PM, KasioKas said:

!!

On 12/11/2018 at 4:35 PM, Tom Vercetti said:

No tears is good. 

We love good Ariana stanning :clap3:  

On 12/11/2018 at 3:34 PM, Superpower said:

Shallou :eek: 

i love that song and it even made my list :jonny4: unfortunately I was disappointed by the album 

On 12/12/2018 at 1:12 AM, Ewan Chaos said:

STAN Marina/Baby!

Didn't expect anyone else on ATRL to know Shallou :eek: Good pick & a good EP/mini album? idk

NTLC & Forever are also bops!

Ooh more Shallou stans!  :eek:  The album was okay but You & Me was definitely a highlight (along with Vignette)

20 hours ago, K$Ellie said:

I don't remember Forever but I liked Get Out and Never Say Die from their album :keir:

Baby is a bop :jamming: no tears left to cry was cute for a week but it aged really badly for me :jonny:

On 12/11/2018 at 2:32 PM, potent said:

Baby is cute. I listened to CHVRCHES album but it wasn't that interesting to me, I only really liked the singles.

I felt the same away about the CHVRCHES album until I saw them live but now I stan :jonny: 

On 12/11/2018 at 2:42 PM, prézli said:

Idk if you heard Chic's album, but it was totally bland. I Want Your Love is okay.

Yeah I wasn’t the most impressed but IWYL was a definite highlight :clap3: 

On 12/11/2018 at 2:47 PM, Tsareena said:

40. I Want Your Love (feat. Lady Gaga) - Chic

oooh a bop

36. You and Me - Shallou

really loved their latest ep. so cute

33. Forever - CHVRCHES

:mandown:

baby and ntltc are bops as well

Oo more Shallou stanning :clap3: 

On 12/11/2018 at 2:56 PM, TheWayWeWere said:

IWYL :clap3: I think I'm one of the fewest on forum who likes final version more than Tom Ford one :heart2: 

Baby is kinda underrated :'( 

NTLTC :clap3: 

I like the final version more than the Tom Ford one too, I just used that in my post because I like the video nn 

On 12/11/2018 at 3:04 PM, Dom said:

Babyyy is a slay, tho could have only been marina ft clean bandit, no one wants luis fonsi..

ariana’s bop , yasss

I would LOVE a solo Marina version of Baby :eek: 

On 12/11/2018 at 3:47 PM, ChapelHooker said:

i was ready to STAN hardcore when I read Sylvan Esso (my underrated faves)

.... but the Rostam remix? really? i hated that one tbh klfadjsldg

ntltc tho, whew. an anthem.i felt that

I liked both versions this year!  The clapping in the original is iconic, but I bopped to the Rostam remix just a little more

On 12/11/2018 at 3:58 PM, Legend E said:

I Want Your Love :heart2: Enigma did that!

NTLTC and Baby are cute girls too :clap3: 

I wanna check the rest too! Trampoline sounds nice so far :jamming: 

You better stan for Trampoline!  It’s in the new Macbook Air commercial.  Whoever choses the music for Apple’s commercials is really fantastic at their job :jonny: 

On 12/11/2018 at 8:11 PM, Remmy said:

I Want Your Love, Forever and no tears left to cry :party: What a fun trio

Your past lists are pretty solid so I'm ready to see more from this one :gaycat2:

A trio of BOPS :katie2: 

On 12/12/2018 at 2:40 AM, Reinvention said:

Oh wow she SNAPPED! Her face like:

6a5ow4d.gif

so confidant and casual.

We love a legend like Peng Peng Lee!  So happy she was able to retire from gymnastics with a team NCAA title!

On 12/12/2018 at 6:26 AM, Staryu said:

I love I Want Your Love so much, it's such a good cover, I wish Gaga would do this style of music for a whole album, or half an album or something :jonny: 

I would DIE for a whole disco album from Gaga :jonny: 

On 12/12/2018 at 7:00 AM, -mUsIcLoVeR- said:

Forever and No Tears Left to Cry! :heart2:

19 hours ago, Navyofbadgals said:

No Tears, Forever and Baby :heart2: 

:heart2: 

• ATRL Moderator

30. Shallow - Lady Gaga & Bradley Cooper

:clap3: really great song... definitely watch the movie if you can. one of my faves this year

29. 100 Years - Florence + the Machine

a lot of people didn't like how this sounds but it's one of my faves on the album

27. Strangers - Sigrid

a bop so explosive

21. Honey - Robyn

a song 

100 Years and Honey. Phew, that talent that has has.

Shallow is nice; it grew on me because on my first few listens I was just waiting the whole time for that longer note :laugh: watching the movie made me appreciate it a lot more but I still think plenty of tracks on the album are superior to it

Honey is great and the 2nd best song from the album

Shallow and Strangers charting here :clap3: I'm also getting into Honey lately :jamming: 

Honey :heart2: It needed time to grow on me but I like ha. Sit Next to Me original >>> the remix

Shallow :date: We love the future Best Actor and Actress winners! Strangers :katie2: She snapped

Shallow is too low :eli: I appreciate this masterpiece even more after movie rewatch :jonny:

Honey missing top 20 :'( 

Girl, this isn’t one of your rates. Finish this :lmao:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.