H100: Mariah #7, Ariana #1 (4x) broke female streaming

Jude

2 minutes ago, ChartsFan said:

Your problem is, you take frontloaded as an insult, instead of what it is, a word to describe a song that is bigger st the state, than a slow burner type song,

Stans use “Frontloaded” as a way to undermine the success of a song/album though. 

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jude

• Ger

• slw84

• QueenofCopyPaste

2 hours ago, Jacob.23 said:

Santa Tell Me never went recurrent (technically) it only spent 10 weeks on the hot 100

It's an old song. It's recurrent.

Last Christmas only had like 5 weeks on the Hot 100 and it was charting on recurrent 3 weeks ago before returning to the Hot 100 last week.

Let it snow, let it snow (which debuted this week) was charting on recurrent last week.

But the best example is Kelly Clarkson - Underneath the Tree which only charted for 3 weeks on the Hot 100 and this week is charting at #23 on the Recurrent Chart

Hot 100 Recurrents 

23 0 New 1 Underneath The Tree , Kelly Clarkson 23

Looks like Ariana is about to have a huuuuge loss on streams this week, "thank u, next" could lose around 40M streams, and that would be challenging for the biggest decrease on streams on a week ever, the biggest being "Harlem Shake" which lost 44M streams in its 3rd week atop (2013).

33 minutes ago, ChartsFan said:

Luckily, Stans don’t write the dictionary,

not is everyone an obseessd wtan,

:eatpopcorn:

18 minutes ago, Ger-55 said:

Looks like Ariana is about to have a huuuuge loss on streams this week, "thank u, next" could lose around 40M streams, and that would be challenging for the biggest decrease on streams on a week ever, the biggest being "Harlem Shake" which lost 44M streams in its 3rd week atop (2013).

#1 is an accomplishment so at this point its time to let it play its course and follow it up with another big song in Feb 

46 minutes ago, ChartsFan said:

Your problem is, you take frontloaded as an insult, instead of what it is, a word to describe a song that is bigger st the state, than a slow burner type song,

:clap3:

45 minutes ago, Cbreezy said:

Number crunchers, does Mariah have a chance at #1 this year with All I Want?

It will be hard because of 26 and 27th.

She need to pull HUUUUGE streams and sales during the Xmas weekend and 23-25th.

I guess #1 is still possible with a big performance and most important discount on iTunes.

This year she is doing great on iTunes and a discount would push her to #1 on iTunes during Xmas tracking week.

Will be hard though.

Top 3 is on the lock.

Next year Xmas is on 24th Thursday, so #1 is secured for next year (but I want it to happen this year).

22 hours ago, Isaiah said:

Honest question; why has the streaming era been so amazing to AIWFCIYcompared to the digital era?? It just seems crazy that a few years ago it’s all-time peak was #24 yet it’s now a top 10 hit and has a fat chance at top 5 or even top 3 this year 

The irony is that she actually hit #1 on iTunes in 2005, which was enough to bring her to #1 on Hot 100, but at that time Billboard didn't allow for classics to re-chart again. :toofunny3:

1 minute ago, ABEL-o-matic said:

The irony is that she actually hit #1 on iTunes in 2005, which was enough to bring her to #1 on Hot 100, but at that time Billboard didn't allow for classics to re-chart again. :toofunny3:

omg I remember this, what a mess. ?

At that user obsession with me. Yikes!  :skull:

OT: tu,n, the most frontloaded #1 of 2018 according to the most delusional atrlers. I have to laugh. :clap3:

7 hours ago, Mezter said:

Stans use “Frontloaded” as a way to undermine the success of a song/album though. 

Clock it. :bibliahh:

Rise up, Halsey :jonny5:

Friday 14th starts tracking week with mariah carey's biggest chances to highest peak, she should do something, put a live performance on YT or smth

Girl,  continue your obsession with me. :fan:

OT: Hopefully, breathin will snatch a week in the top 10 later. :dancehall:

On 12/10/2018 at 10:05 PM, ChartsFan said:

Nonstop and IMF spent the same amount of weeks on the chart. 22

ayes aindeed had 29.

is a 22 week chart run the shortest for a song with 10 or:

more weeks at #1?

On 12/10/2018 at 11:14 PM, Ger-55 said:

Yes, previous record was held by Eminem's "Lose Yourself" (23 weeks inside Hot 100).

Somehow, I'm not surprised they're rap songs. Lose Yourself surprises me though

23 hours ago, Jude said:

BB200 Full Top 10

1. Championship by Meek Mill - 229k / 42k

2. Street Gossip by Lil Baby - 88k / 5k

3. Dummy Boy by 6ix9ine - 83k

4. A Brief Inquiry Into Online Relationships  by The 1975 - 66k / 48k

5. Christmas by Michael Buble - 55k / 18k

6.  Stokeley  by Ski Mask the Slump God - 51k / 5k

7. A Star is Born by Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper - 48k

8. Astroworld - Travis Scott - 47k

9. Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen - 40K

10. Christmas is Here! by Pentatonix - 40k

Astroworld dropping 7 places from #1 then

OT: Halsey can have her #1 next year. Ariana should dominate the h100 until the end of the month at least. :fan:

7 hours ago, ChartsFan said:

A rule they should have kept.

the is an industry tool to showcase what new and upcoming songs are out there, a chart full of old Xmas songs provides ZERO benefit to the industry or the labels,

this rule makes no sense, if the song is popular enough to be in the chart then let it be

8 hours ago, ABEL-o-matic said:

She had a number one at the time with "Shake It Off" anyway

1 hour ago, ClashAndBurn said:

She had a number one at the time with "Shake It Off" anyway

No that was Don't Forget About Us

Shake it Off was blocked by WBT and Gold Digger in Summer/Autumn

1 minute ago, Wii said:

Oh, right. Thanks for the correction :michael:

3 hours ago, ChartsFan said:

There’s a holiday chart to track their progress.

havong a bunch Of Songs that only chart some three or four weeks, killing off hits is not beneficial to anyone.

you can’t hsve this crap happening combined with recurrent rules. It’s too disruptive,

I disagree.

The Hot 100 chart is to measure what is Hot during that particular week and if a song from the 1600s, 1900s, or whenever is popular at that time, then the Hot 100 chart should reflect that.

Your argument that there is a Holiday Chart to track their progress is moot as that argument can be made about any genre, Pop, R&B, Rock etc all have genres but still have songs chart on the Hot 100. Holiday songs shouldnt be singled out alone. Would you say the same for other genres?

IMO, if a song isnt able to hold up 3-4 weeks then it really isnt a "hit" to begin with. And it is beneficial to the artists and labels who rely on catalog sales.

QueenofCopyPaste

Happier decreasing on radio. Welp it's over

Halsey still has New Years Eve promo

But Ariana is having huge radio updates 

Hmmmmm... 

Feels like Xmas music decreased this week. Mariah will stay in top 10 but probably won’t repeak. The coming weekend will be very important we need huge streams.

4 hours ago, Wii said:

I still feel a ways about gold digger blocking shake it off.

just one week at #1 and we’d be talking about when all I want for Xmas being a smooth 20th #1 hit.

im going with #4 peak at lowest and #2 peak at highest for all I want but next year I need viral gimmicks, I need features, I need trap remixes, I need an acoustic version and a brand new special for promo.

rihanna is going to take it from Mariah (#1s record but let’s make it tougher for riri) 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.