• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Body Electrician

• theblackestday

• Eeveelution

• World Eater

rly like date night, it's amazing how good FJM can be when he finally writes something above 7BPM

the blood orange song was ok too, better than the rest of his dull album

Night Shift and Date Night are great! Exactly the songs I would have chosen if I didn't think their singers were talentless hacks.

Charcoal Baby is great; in my trinity of the album

I remember giving Lucy Dacus' album a few spins before and I quite liked it but I don't really remember much about it ff I'll assume the song you chose was a good one. Same for Kurt Vile tbh

Charcoal Baby is such a groove :smitten: a shame about the album as a whole

Now gorl, we need to talk. Swearin', Lucy Dacus and FJM? And on top of that replacing Snale Male's magnum opus with that song?

DuZfUXqW4AA4z8w.png

At least I see some talent as well. Charcoal Baby is definitely the best track on Negro Swan. Kurt Vile is usually hit or miss with me but I always end up liking his singles and the 10+ minute tracks :clap3:

Got trollied last night and forgot to post :rip: thanks for your replies as usual :heart2:

On 12/15/2018 at 8:30 PM, wabayou said:

I have to listen to Blood Orange at some point.

yes, you do

On 12/15/2018 at 9:15 PM, Unoriginal said:

Charcoal Baby and Date Night :katie2:Please Don't Die outsold tho :mandown:

not a Please Don't Fall Asleep stan I-

On 12/15/2018 at 9:24 PM, Vilppu said:

rly like date night, it's amazing how good FJM can be when he finally writes something above 7BPM

the blood orange song was ok too, better than the rest of his dull album

Yeah, I was ready for something more uptempo after PC :rip:

On 12/15/2018 at 9:28 PM, Eeveelution said:

Night Shift and Date Night are great! Exactly the songs I would have chosen if I didn't think their singers were talentless hacks.

I wasn't expecting the post to end like that ddd :rip: why the drag?

On 12/15/2018 at 10:09 PM, Navyofbadgals said:

Charcoal Baby is great; in my trinity of the album

CB is the only song in my trinity because I literally can't remember the rest of the album

On 12/15/2018 at 10:13 PM, Tsareena said:

loved charcoal baby

:clap3:

On 12/15/2018 at 11:59 PM, Remmy said:

#40-36: breathin :alexz: Definitely the best from Sweatener, yuh yuh!

5uf8ufgi2v511.jpg

On 12/16/2018 at 5:49 AM, Pink Matter said:

I remember giving Lucy Dacus' album a few spins before and I quite liked it but I don't really remember much about it ff I'll assume the song you chose was a good one. Same for Kurt Vile tbh

Charcoal Baby is such a groove :smitten: a shame about the album as a whole

2nd half is definitely better than the first but Night Shift is a great introduction

On 12/16/2018 at 6:23 AM, theblackestday said:

Charcoal Baby made us believe Negro Swan would snap for a moment

tea, a misleading beginning

tenor.gif?itemid=5042080

On 12/16/2018 at 6:31 AM, TheWayWeWere said:

Negro Swan was kinda disappointing after two his previous records

I haven't listened to either :rip: lemme get on that

22 hours ago, Legend E said:

June is beautiful :heart2: 

sooooo beautiful :smitten:

20 hours ago, World Eater said:

Now gorl, we need to talk. Swearin', Lucy Dacus and FJM? And on top of that replacing Snale Male's magnum opus with that song?

DuZfUXqW4AA4z8w.png

At least I see some talent as well. Charcoal Baby is definitely the best track on Negro Swan. Kurt Vile is usually hit or miss with me but I always end up liking his singles and the 10+ minute tracks :clap3:

I will NOT tolerate this slander against TABS

Kurt Vile is pretty hit or miss and I can't really remember most of his album sksk

15 hours ago, Dom said:

date night is so beautiful. i love it.

oh hell YES

1 hour ago, Body Electrician said:

Got trollied last night 

:rip: 

Charcoal Baby is very cute. 

FJM disappointed tbh, his previous album was 10x better :ma

QUMpFta.png

ZJFasTf.png

The Big Thief front woman's solo project was a lot more stripped back and hushed compared to 2017s amazing Capacity, putting Lenker's songwriting and guitar playing at centre stage. Symbol sounds like the best kind of lullaby.

TEtbCLY.png

The best release by Miss. Atchison this year. Makes me wanna take poppers and get used by the sex offender down the street.

ApnIBVE.png

Beach House experimented with some new sounds on 7, and this track shows that this was an excellent decision. Each time I'm sleeping at night and I can't close my eyes.....

latest?cb=20150503232813 

FJc8A71.png

Obsessed with the dark, eerie feeling of this song. idk but it sounds like something that would play in the lead up to stand off between two lesbian cowboys. Also like the quiet man who snorts meth in the toilet of the bar getting up to play guitar and shocking everyone with their talent.

ovIw1Fk.png

I had low expectations for Troye's second album because Blue Neighbourhood sounded like Pure Heroine without any of Lorde's songwriting talent, but I was pleasantly surprised by the more dance-pop approach compared to the try hard ~~~i'm gay and edgy for 14 year old girls~~~ approach of BN. The ad libs are cute.

• ATRL Moderator

There are like 3 songs better than No Angel by Miss XCX this year !!

Shocked my my my is getting all the Troye acclaim :eek:  

Makes me wanna take poppers and get used by the sex offender down the street

same + i hope he doesn't use protection and doesn't let me ***. overall a great song!

black car amazing, mmm has a great chorus and hopefulessness is the only song from courtney's album i listened to more than once, it was nice

I remember the first time I heard No Angel, I was like kale yeah that is a classic. Troye’s year end acclaim on ATRL is great :clap3: That IS a popper anthem :dies: Black Car is an unexpected choice but I’m living, it could be their most mysterious and cool song. Great update sis, taste popping :heart2:

Black Car and My My My! ? OH BITCh this is a SERVE

No Angel :katie2: i agree it's her best 2018 release

My My My! is everything :smitten: But wow the Blue GODbourhood was not needed! Send iT back

You snapped with this update.

Yes No Angel is that parTy anthem

Hopefulness is the one point ms. Barnett made all year, good shout!

My My My! is the twinke's best song despite what others may tell you.

Symbol is cute and Black Care is excellent ofc, though I hope it isn't BH highest entry. :-* 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.