MLD's Best of 2018: Top 100: 10 - 1

MusicLoverDude

Hey everyone! No fancy graphics for video intro this year. My 2018 personally wasn't the brightest...and I'll definitely be showing my vulnerable side this year on some songs. Anyways, the music (and Youtube) really kept this year sane for me. So I'll get straight to the point.

I will be counting down these particular lists.

Top 100 Songs of 2018

Top 50 Songs of my 20s - So Far: I will be turning 25 next month, and thus entering the second half of my 20s (believe it or not)

Top 10 Music Videos of 2018

Top 10 Youtubers - and no, not the typical kind. Just channels that I really got into this year. 

I think I had another, but I forgot :ahh:

Looking forward to everyone else's countdowns. Will start tomorrow! @Inner Insanity @potent @K$Ellie @thecptz @LovaticSwiftie @Kamil24 @JGibson @Loghen @TheWayWeWere @jamesfog @Fireman25 @Mr.Link @Moonlightbae @Lukey @Remmy @EriKills @KatyCatPH @kiiwii @Ivan_brit @Pedro @Brandon @lhdang2000 @Lord Of Countdown @rl231 @Kevin2803 

Edited by MusicLoverDude

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MusicLoverDude

• Brandon

• lhdang2000

• Legend E

yes king i'm here :heart2:

So ready for what you have to put out there. 

We almost always love the same songs but have different orders, so I'm excited to see how yours turn out this year. :duca:

You can tag me whenever you update 

Expect the first update after 5 PM pacific

Two more lists that I remembered:

Top 5 Quiz Apps

Top 20 Worst Songs of 2018 

MLD's Top 100 Singles: 100 - 91 

100. Paramore - Caught In the Middle

Zero Charts Peak: N/A 

So Random C/D Peak: N/A

I don't think I ever expected Paramore to be this low on my list ever, but this year it happened. I definitely appreciate After Laughter's departure from their previous sound, but this was probably their most boring single out of the 5 they released. I pretty much only listen to it when I'm in the mood for a HAC sounding playlist on my iTunes. Otherwise, it's really hard to listen to it on a daily basis. My only rule for charting on So Random countdown, is that all 20 songs need to be listened to at least once before I compile the list. So yeah, this would have been hard to listen to for 40 days straight. 

First of two appearances by Paramore

99. Little Mix f. Nicki Minaj - Woman Like Me

I guess me and Little Mix can agree that neither of us care for this song that much. This was the first time that I was indifferent to their lead single. Wings, Move, Black Magic and Shout Out to My Ex all had replay value, and this song doesn't. I have yet to listen to the album though, so I'm hoping the rest of the album is better and I hope that the girls still do ok this era after leaving Syco. 

Only appearance by Little Mix. Most likely Nicki's only appearance too, since her music was trash this year. 

98. P!nk - Secrets  

I stopped caring for the BT era after the title track. And that song in itself aged like milk. I remember this coming up on Spotify once and I liked it, but it's far from her best. The music video definitely did not help either. Oh well. Her legacy remains intact. 

First of three appearances by P!nk. (cause again, her legacy remains intact)

97. Kelly Clarkson - I Don't Think About You

Kelly's album was better than P!nk's. But I also didn't care for the era that much either and this song I also have to be in the mood for. Kelly's vocals are stellar as usual, but that's it. 

First of two appearances by Kelly Clarkson 

96. Cardi B f. Bad Bunny & J Balvin - I Like It

So Random C/D: N/A

Cardi B is fun, but I definitely was indifferent to her too. I had no problem listening to this on KIIS FM, but this wasn't like Bodak Yellow where I felt like voluntarily listening to it. But the chorus did get stuck in my head a lot this year. On a side note, I'm sick of the latin trend we have. I don't speak Spanish that much. 

First of two appearances by Cardi B. Only appearance of Bad Bunny. First of two appearances by J Balvin

95. Benny Blanco f. Halsey & Khalid - Eastside

Honestly, Khalid's part is why I really paid this dust for most of the year, but it's a grower. I just think he is turning into Tori Kelly with the constant overexposure on all these tracks he is getting on. Although, Halsey actually sounds worse on this than Khalid now lol. But that's fine. Lol. 

Only appearance by Benny Blanco. First of three appearances by Khalid. First of four appearances by Halsey. 

94. Khalid & Normani - Love Lies

I did not expect this soundtrack song to blow up so hard. Real definition of a sleeper hit here. I can see why the callout scores are good. It's a chill song you can listen to at night or in the car. And Normani sounds really good too. Well, I'm sure I'll listen to this on occasion this upcoming year now that's dying out. 

Second of three appearances by Khalid. Only appearance by Normani

93. Bruno Mars f. Cardi B - Finesse

Considering how much I dislike 90% of Bruno Mar's music, I was not expecting to like Finesse. But this song actually is just really catchy, without being too repetitive, and the beat gets into your head easily. Cardi's verses really added another flair to it too. So, nice job for once Bruno. Glad YOUR Cardi feature actually was icing on the cake instead of just being the saving grace (Maroon 5, I'm talking to YOU). 

Only appearance by Bruno Mars, and unless I'm mistaken, Card's final appearance too. 

92. Bebe Rexha - I'm a Mess

Zero Charts Peak: #40

The amount of shade I can throw towards Bebe just from this song title alone is hilarious since everything she has released since 2016, with the exception of her Martin Garrix collab, has reeked of desperation and has been utter garbage. But I decided to give this song a listen, and it's her first solo song in 3 years that I actually like a bit, hence why it at least hit the Top 40 of my Zero Charts briefly before I lost interest, since Bebe herself ain't that special. The lyrics are low-key relatable to me too which is kinda sad tbh. But oh well. Good luck next year Bebe Rexha. 

Only appearance by Bebe Rexha. 

91. Carrie Underwood - Cry Pretty

This is honestly one of the most basic songs Carrie has released, and I'm still a bit confused about the actual message behind this. But she sang it well and it's ok for what it is, and it's definitely one of the better songs released this year when you think about what was popular on the charts. 

First of two appearances by Carrie Underwood

One more update from another of my lists will come in a bit. 90 - 81 for this list tomorrow! 

@Superpower @jamesfog @thecptz @lhdang2000 (I'll have to tag more in the next post). 

Love Lies and Finesse are my faves.

Caught In The Middle :eek:

Nice to see WLM make an appearance, it's not their most thrilling song though. I think you'll like the album, listen to it and join in the album survivor :duca: 

I didn't realize Caught in the Middle was a single. :deadbanana4: Although I used to feel the same way about it but the lyrics speak to me on a deep level especially the opening line so I kinda love it.

Cardi has a really annoying voice so I can't get into any of her music, but Finesse is good.

I'm A Mess, Secrets, I Don't Think About You, and Woman Like Me are all good. :katie2:

P!nk, Carrie, Kelly, and Finesse the highlights of this set. Love Lies was okay.

9/10

Whew, you're off to a good start.

Two of these songs are some of the biggest hits in my 2018 list, but i won't tell which one :eli:

7/10!  Im surprised to see Woman and Eastside so slow, but they were quite overplayed...good start :) hope you check out my flop when it happens 

I'm A Mess, Love Lies, Eastside, Secrets, Caught In The Middle :johnald:

I loved all singles from AL, but CITM was weakest one probably :michael: 

WLM was so bad :rip: 

P!nk's BT era was such a non-event tbh, it basically stopped after BT single, I can't believe how her label paid it to dust

Eastside making your list :clap3: 

5/10

Caught In The Middle + Secrets + I Don't Think About You + Cry Pretty :worship:

5/10

Shocked at Eastside so low. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.