MLD's Best of 2018: Top 100: 10 - 1

MusicLoverDude

I agree about Lost in Japan, Zedd really liven ups the song.

Him & I, Familliar & Never Let You Down are all great songs as well.

I'm happy to see Jake Millar, his music is so catchy and he's eye candy as well. :smitten: 

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MusicLoverDude

• Brandon

• lhdang2000

• Legend E

I think we placed Happy Now in similar spots. I did try to listen to Tie Me Down but I wasn’t that impressed.

Heaven and Side Effects are the highlights from the previous set.

• ATRL Moderator

Never Enough :jonny5:

I love the video of Rose-Colored Boy!! :clap3:

I'm not sure how I feel about Voices In My Head. It needs to grow on me!!

Him & I snatched me til this day. :jonny: 

I agree KAMU is Dua's best effort this year, but I disagree with the claim that Blackpink outdoes her, she did great, the production wins over all 5 of them tho.

Overall, not my favorite set, but I still like some of these. 7/10. :clap3: 

Let You Down :smiley: Happy Now is a chill, underrated bop :jamming:
Voices In My Head already at #66 :eek: Liam hasn't made one good song, features included. :oh:

Him and I is trash, the chorus is so weak tbh. 

Happy Now being described as cute is MTE. It’s not amazing, not bad, just cute. 

Let You Down :jonny5:

I kept hearing it spammed on the radio, I thought oh god this is gonna be one of those songs I like at first but by the end of its radio run I wont stand. It’s since peaked and I still love it so much. Deserves a higher placement. 

KAMU, love it. Better than every other Dua single. Agree that Blackpink outshines her. 

9/10

Madison, Little Mix, Ashley, Dua & Olivia :clap3:

Hurts Like Hell is soooo good. And 16 Steps is a bop. :alexz:

Next update today. 

YES YES YES at Familiar making it :katie2:

Only You is cute enough,

Pleasantly surprised to see Let You Down, did it do anything in the US?

MLD's Best of 2018: 60 - 51 

60. Charlie Puth f. Kehlani - Done For Me

Zero Charts Peak: #11

So Random C/D Peak: 7

Plays: 140 (almost gold)

Charlie Puth and Kehlani definitely delivered on this collab. That's all I can really say. 

First of two appearances by Charlie Puth. Only appearance by Kehlani 

59. Carrie Underwood - Love Wins

Zero Charts Peak: N/A

So Random C/D Peak: N/A 

Slept on this song all year too. But I love the message. And Carrie's support of the LGBT community is incredible. 

Final appearance of Carrie Underwood 

58. Halsey - Alone

Zero Charts Peak: #7

So Random C/D Peak: #3

Plays: 145 (almost gold) 

Was first introduced to this in ATRL Song Contest, hosted by @mxtthewdelrey. Probably @K$Ellie's entry I think. But I don't remember exactly. Either way, this song was a grower, and this song deserved better as a single. The remix was a mess and a half. 

Third of four appearances of Halsey

57. Taylor Swift f. Ed Sheeran & Future - End Game

Zero Charts Peak: #14

So Random C/D Peak: #5 

Plays: 170 (certified Gold)

While this song is one of the weakest on Reputation, it's definitely catchy. Maybe not the best choice for a single though. But oh well. 

First of four appearances by Taylor Swift. Only appearances by Ed Sheeran & Future

56. P!nk - A Million Dreams

Zero Charts Peak: N/A

So Random C/D Peak: N/A

Yeah, I was kinda bleh about this at first, but I'm definitely fine with this cover now. P!nk did it well!

Final appearance of P!nk 

55. Martin Garrix f. Khalid - Ocean

Zero Charts Peak: #17

So Random C/D Peak: #9

Plays: 83 (no certification) 

This song took a little to grow on me, but it definitely was a chill summer jam that also works well as a nighttime song even in seasons like winter. I always imagined being at the beach at night watching the sunset while listening to it. It was just that relaxing. I wish this did better on the charts

Only appearance of Martin Garrix. Final appearance of Khalid. 

54. Clara Mae & Jake Miller - Better Me Better You 

Zero Charts Peak: 43

So Random C/D Peak: #20

Plays: 3

I literally slept on this all year and I didn't even know Jake Miller had a collab out :skull:. Better later than never. I can't say no to Jake. This collab is pretty good and they have good chemistry. 

Only appearance by Clara Mae. Third of four appearances by Jake Miller 

53. Sabrina Carpenter - Sue Me

Zero Charts Peak: #12

So Random C/D Peak: #5 

Plays: 40

***still charting***

Miss Sabrina. I've really been getting into her since last year. 99% of the time she delivers. This song was released too late in the year to really place higher, but it's really booming. 

First of two appearances by Sabrina Carpenter

52. Meghan Trainor - No Excuses

Zero Charts Peak: #6

So Random C/D Peak: #2

Plays: 172 (certified gold)

Oh Meghan. I feel so bad for her. This song was a grower on me and very addicting. But also is beginning to age like milk. Currently it sounds REALLY good in headphones. But anyways, it seems like she is done for good. And sadly this was the only song she released this year from Treat Myself that i liked. 

Only appearance by Meghan Trainor 

51. Kylie Minogue - Dancing 

Zero Charts Peak: #10

So Random C/D Peak: #3

Plays: 135 (no certification)

One of the harder placements on this countdown as I wasn't sure what was gonna fall short of the Top 50. I decided that Kylie Minogue was gonna get it. Mainly because I've really warmed up to some of her older songs this year like Love At First Sight and Get Outta My Way and I was really into her Sigala collab too. So I guess the magic in Dancing was kinda stolen as a result. I mean, this song is magical and Kylie is a ray of sunshine musically, but I pretty much forgot about this after April. It should get a gold certification soon though. 

Only appearance by Kylie Minogue

5/10

End Game + Love Wins + A Million Dreams :clap3:

Sue Me and NO EXCUSES :smiley: Alone is good, but I don't love it as much as many others do.

End Game :jamming: "While this song is one of the weakest on Reputation" Yep I feel the same way, it's always been in my bottom 3.

A Million Dreams :smitten: Wow I'm surprised anyone could feel bleh about it. An amazing cover, the original is still slightly better though.

• ATRL Moderator

No Excuses is a bop :katie2:

Sue Me, End Game, Alone, Done For Me, Love Wins :clap3:

Dancing :clap3:

Love Wins is meh. There are better songs on the album (Southbound, for example).

Dancing is my favorite from this set. No Excuses, Ocean, Love Wins also good. I literally just listened to P!nk's version of A Million Dreams this week so it didn't make it to my list, but it was indeed pretty enjoyable.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.