Billboard Charts (December 2-8, 2018)

Ger

SAD!, I Like Me Better & Psycho finally going recurrent. Thank you Christmas songs!

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ger

• Mr.Fenty

• Ari29

• Mezter

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously how did Travis get away with this fraudulence??? Like, a song bundled with an album?? :deadbanana4:

Edited by Cryptique
Grammar

can't believe this fool really found a way to cheat the system and get a #1 single and album via one webstore purchase... genius

Just now, Cryptique said:

Seriously how did Travis get away with this fraudulence??? Like, a song bundles with an album?? :deadbanana4:

if a pop girl/female rapper did it she'd be dragged to the ends of the earth and back until the end of time

SICKO MODE SHOULD HAVE GOTTEN IT WHEN GIRLS LIKE YOU WERE TOPPING THE CHARTS FOR WEEKS!

well deserved!

3 hours ago, Mattyboy said:

Travis not only blocked Nicki, now he blocked Tekashi AND dethroned Ariana. Crazy how chars can work like this..

And before anyone clocks me, FEFE would’ve been #1 this week as well since it’s stats are so similar to Sicko Mode. FEFE was just blocked by two huge songs, now it would’ve reigned no problem. 

Give it up

• ATRL Moderator

this chart is so wild rn

I like Me Better is a good song y'all. You just hate it because it's not sung by a female. 

I'm a Mess, You Say and Boo'd Up leaving next week ?

31 minutes ago, MusicLoverDude said:

I like Me Better is a good song y'all. You just hate it because it's not sung by a female. 

I'm a Mess, You Say and Boo'd Up leaving next week ?

We hate it because it was literally SPAMMED on Radio despite no one buying it or streaming it.

39 minutes ago, ChartsFan said:

So people can’t simply like a song on radios. They need to buy and stream its?

shat were the fallout scored for it at its peak?

They can, but it's never a good sign when a song is high on the radio charts but N/A on sales or streaming.

It shows people have no real inrterest in the song, but just don't mind hearing it on the radio. Which is not what a real hit is about imo.

12 minutes ago, ChartsFan said:

Or it could be that it appeals to a demographic that doesn’t stream or like digital purchases,

as time goes on, there will be many more of these radio only songs, as the population ages and doesn’t try and keep up with technology, this past year we have already seen the widening gap between rsdio songs and streaming songs. It will continue to widen.

By that logic it only appeals to a demographic that participates in radio callout surveys :cm: 

And still these surveys are flawed imo. A lot of songs test well because people don't mind them, not because they really like them.

A radio hit is a hit too of course, but if they don't translate into a bit of sales or streams they just don't feel right with me. 

Doing some early estimates for next week...

1. thank u, next 573

2. SICKO MODE 311

3. Without Me 283

4. Happier 259

5. High Hopes 236

Edited by Ger-55

Mariah will slay into Top 10 for this tracking week.

Next week she will probably re-peak her #9 from last year.

19 minutes ago, ChartsFan said:

I expected more points for s song thst broke stresming records.

I made a typo, and really underestimating sales. :eli: 

Ariana's "thank u, next" should definetely pull some massive streams numbers, I have it around 92M right now, that would make it the biggest streaming week for a single by a female artist in history.

4 minutes ago, Ger-55 said:

I made a typo, and really underestimating sales. :eli: 

Ariana's "thank u, next" should definetely pull some massive streams numbers, I have it around 92M right now, that would make it the biggest streaming week for a single by a female artist in history.

Oh wow :jonny5:

8 hours ago, dussymob said:

Give it up

But actually

Hes the only one who keeps bringing up FEFE

billboard-logo-2016-1548.jpg

This Week's Billboard Charts Under Review by Nielsen Music

The results of the Billboard 200 chart dated Dec. 8, which was announced on Sunday (Dec. 2), are being audited by Nielsen Music due to a processing discrepancy. Upon completion of the in-depth audit of data sources across streaming and retail, Billboard will announce any resulting changes that may affect chart rankings.

Link: https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/8488663/billboard-charts-under-review-nielsen-music

Does that mean Ariana could be #1 too? If they update Hot 100 

11 minutes ago, Howie said:

Does that mean Ariana could be #1 too? If they update Hot 100 

No. It only says billboard 200.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.