Billboard Charts (December 2-8, 2018)

Ger

12 minutes ago, Mark Rih said:

I know this and I agree, I use a lot of urban music (SM included) so it’s not my case. My point is that Ariana fans aren’t pressed @ Travis or rap music in general, just at the ways he used to go #1

But my point is, you guys (now I’m referring to Ariana fans specifically) don’t call her out for the same things. She kinda alluded to that in her tweet imo

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ger

• Mr.Fenty

• Ari29

• Mezter

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, Thuggin said:

Okay in other news can Breathin go top 10 already. I’m getting worried. :deadbanana:

a new peak is coming but I don't know about top 10

22 minutes ago, Mezter said:

It's not though, and y'all know that :skull: 

I've yet to hear TUN at an event/party that's for sure. It's still growing still.

2 minutes ago, Planet Mars said:

I've yet to hear TUN at an event/party that's for sure. It's still growing still.

People stream it in secret because pop girls are uncool :mandown:

9 minutes ago, sakisfan16 said:

a new peak is coming but I don't know about top 10

Yeah radio is finally letting go of songs like Youngblood, Better Now, and Girls Like You, but AIWFCIY and Wake Up In The Sky are passing it next week I’m sure. :dies: Let me still hold out hope as long as radio doesn’t start dropping it though.

Travis is annoying :rip:

But his marketing is on point.

Roman Holiday
1 hour ago, Ari29 said:

Imagine how rap fans felt before streaming came into play. All those undeserved number 1’s thanks to pop radios large reach, things are finally becoming fair and you guys are losing it

Girl what? Rap was dominated most of the 90s and mid 00s

44 minutes ago, Planet Mars said:

Just because you haven’t heard in your local small town doesn’t mean anything. Replies like this are so corny

ari will get fifth week on 12/10
sixth on 12/17
24/17 will be her seventh or mariah
31/17 will be her 7th or 8th

then we go to january and when no one will release anything she may get another 4 weeks

so she may get 10 or more weeks at 1

of course anything can happen, but you know, christmas and christmas freeze and january stagnation is on her favor

22 hours ago, artangel said:

A Star Is Born (Soundtrack):

#1 - #1 - #1 - #2 - #2 - #5 - #4 - #4

1st Week - 231,000 (162,000 pure)

2nd Week - 143,000 (86,000 pure)

3rd Week - 109,000 (61,000 pure)

4th Week - 93,000

5th Week - 79,000

6th Week - 68,000

7th Week - 62,000

8th Week - 53,000

= 838,000 SPS

this run looks so beautiful :jonny5:

8 minutes ago, UNNAMI said:

sixth on 12/17

then we go to january and when no one will release anything she may get another 4 weeks

of course anything can happen, but you know, christmas and christmas freeze and january stagnation is on her favor

Maybe she'll win in the end :mandown: 

• ATRL Moderator
1 hour ago, Ari29 said:

As I replied earlier, one song was released this month and the other 3 months ago. I would hope the song released in Nov would be higher than the one released in August :rip: 

Then how are things fair now if the song dominating all online platforms is #2?

You’re not making any sense. The age of the songs have nothing to do with what you initially said :rip:

• ATRL Moderator
1 hour ago, Ari29 said:

As I replied earlier, one song was released this month and the other 3 months ago. I would hope the song released in Nov would be higher than the one released in August :rip: 

You’re not making any sense. The age of the songs have nothing to do with what you initially said :rip:

26 minutes ago, UNNAMI said:

sixth on 12/17

Wouldn't be so sure, she is definetely gonna have a big drop next week, we'll see if she does better than she was doing initially without the music video when the hype was dying. 

32 minutes ago, Roman Holiday said:

Girl what? Rap was dominated most of the 90s and mid 00s

I wasn’t aware of rap dominating pop radio in the 90’s and mid 00’s tell me more..

5 minutes ago, Marvin said:

No, you jumped into an exchange without getting context. I said, “things are finally becoming fair” after an Ariana fan admitted SM’s popularity is worthy of a number 1 yet still feels her number one was taken from her using questionable tactics. I rebutted with the comment about pop radios large reach and radio deals being questionable tactics not available to rap artists. 

3 minutes ago, Ger-55 said:

Wouldn't be so sure, she is definetely gonna have a big drop next week, we'll see if she does better than she was doing initially without the music video when the hype was dying. 

yes but he will dethrone her? travis and happier song will stay at the same level because christmas freeze, radios will play more xmas songs, and travis and happier won't have room to grow, ari has streams on her side

1 hour ago, Jacob.23 said:

Y'all forgetting how Ari uploaded a trailer and 2 bts videos with the song looped. Travis isn't the only one trying to game the system. 

Congrats to both. Travis got his week and Ari will dominate next week PERIOD

It's not comparable though. Ariana adding TUN to videos that are actually promoting TUN isn't gaming the system. Travis adding SM onto 2 Kylie videos (That had nothing to do with the song) he knew would get a lot of views is, but no one was talking about that anyway. The real issue is with the bundle deal.

23 hours ago, artangel said:

A Star Is Born (Soundtrack):

#1 - #1 - #1 - #2 - #2 - #5 - #4 - #4

1st Week - 231,000 (162,000 pure)

2nd Week - 143,000 (86,000 pure)

3rd Week - 109,000 (61,000 pure)

4th Week - 93,000

5th Week - 79,000

6th Week - 68,000

7th Week - 62,000

8th Week - 53,000

= 838,000 SPS

1M before 2019 :fan:

Only in the US :cm:

4 hours ago, RudeBoyy said:

A much deserved #1. That other song is a bit of a non event to everyone other than teen white girls/gays. Glad the more popular song is at the top spot this week.

Imagine being this pressed, you'd literally DRAG any pop girl if they did what Travis did this week. Not saying I don't understand why he'd do that but stop the hypocrisy. :rip: 

52 minutes ago, ChartsFan said:

Exactly.  Ari is just as guilty st cheap tactics to try and be #1 this week. 

What does a makeup tutorial have to do with Sicko Mode? On the other hand, if people were interested in the trailer for her upcoming video they might as well listen to the song that plays when it ends.

1 hour ago, UNNAMI said:

yes but he will dethrone her? travis and happier song will stay at the same level because christmas freeze, radios will play more xmas songs, and travis and happier won't have room to grow, ari has streams on her side

Halsey is going to get the Christmas sales boost, so things could get interesting.

QueenofCopyPaste

Early PulseMusicBoards predictions for Mariah

:jonny5:

Inb4 Billboard changes their recurrency rules for next year so that Holiday songs can no longer rechart :dies:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.