Shallow #6 ARUTW #36, INLA #41 , ITA #60

Cherry123

Does anyone remember why Barbie Dreams didn't end up debuting as high as predicted? I'm trying to figure out if #6 is actually realistic or not.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mystic Boy

• soramaro

• Cherry123

• BawBaw

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, BZZ said:

Does anyone remember why Barbie Dreams didn't end up debuting as high as predicted? I'm trying to figure out if #6 is actually realistic or not.

Frankly, as is with all Nicki Minaj releases, they're ridiculously front-loaded. Barbie Dreams was expected to chart high because the people who tracked that **** assumed it would have a normal increase in streams or at least maintain it's initial streams throughout the week. However, it dropped like a rock a few days thus the initial predictions (that didn't account for this type of projection) had it much higher.

Shallow has already debuted and the song has only grown (significantly) throughout the week (it's now in its 3rd week and still growing). The predictions are likely accurate because the song is stable and is maintaining the momentum that those predictions accounted for.

Edited by Domination

Ugh, stream stream stream more. We can get that top 5 smasha. :jonny5:

17 hours ago, BawBaw said:

THE Billboard formula changed in 2018 !!

Even PI could debut in top5 this week ! 

14 hours ago, Before the Dawn said:

The #1 is indeed weak rn but it's a different formula sweetie, she won.

Uh... And ? The formula was adjusted to give more weight to paid streams; it has nothing to do with overall points being weak these past few weeks. Chart experts on Pulse music board were saying it too. Another example; this was after the new formula too:

DibGGYFXUAEuV5H.jpg

1 hour ago, soramaro said:

Uh... And ? The formula was adjusted to give more weight to paid streams; it has nothing to do with overall points being weak these past few weeks. Chart experts on Pulse music board were saying it too. Another example; this was after the new formula too:

DibGGYFXUAEuV5H.jpg

Shallow still would have reached the Top 10 even during this week so what's your point exactly :rip:

Just because there isn't a strong #1 or top 3 right now doesn't mean the H100 is any weaker. There's just no strong standouts and everything is middling.

5 minutes ago, nick4bty said:

Shallow still would have reached the Top 10 even during this week so what's your point exactly :rip:

Just because there isn't a strong #1 or top 3 right now doesn't mean the H100 is any weaker. There's just no strong standouts and everything is middling.

Too hard for certain people to understand :soda:

19 hours ago, soramaro said:

WaitT, the #1 song only has 277 points ?! The #5 song only has 194 points ?! :jonny: 

Lordt, the Hot 100 is so weak right now; I remember when Needed Me peaked at #7 with 260 points… Wild Thoughts went #2 with nearly double the amount of points the current #1 song has... Insane!

It's not that the hot 100 is weak tho :rip:  It's that digital sales barely give a lot of points anymore and same for radio. I feel like we won't be seeing anymore songs with 400-500 points unless it's Drake :rip: 

1 hour ago, soramaro said:

DibGGYFXUAEuV5H.jpg

yes more weight to paid streams, which immediatelly made the rest account for less points :rip:  

@simmnfierzig Thanks for your early prediction!

But I think INLA should be higher than ARUTW. It's doing better in sales and streaming and has some cute ai. Did you consider its combined versions' stat?

11 hours ago, harwee said:

Is King Cooper going to chart? 

Of course.He´s getting a top 10 with HER DEBUT SINGLE Shallow.And Maybe It´s Time has chances to be top 100 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.