Survivor: ATRL Edition (Season 8) | FINAL. TRIBAL. COUNCIL!!

rl231

1 minute ago, Element said:

the judges have been asked to complete things by early sunday morning but if they finish sooner, saturday night could be possible!

Oh okay. No rush though. Let's all enjoy this awesome Thanksgiving weekend!

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Buddy!

• thecptz

• Element

• rl231

Top Posters In This Topic

• ATRL Moderator
4 minutes ago, KatyCatPH said:

Oh okay. No rush though. Let's all enjoy this awesome Thanksgiving weekend!

i have been eating and sleeping so my cup is FULL haha

• ATRL Moderator

second post is updated with links!

1 hour ago, Moonlightbae said:

one tribe really ****ed up huh :gaycat5:

Maybe it was yours? ?

9 hours ago, Bey_Rihstan said:

am I allowed back in yet

yes

Tribe has spoken @wesleywalrus

• ATRL Moderator

Results in a few hours hopefully

just waiting on one judge  

3 hours ago, Element said:

Results in a few hours hopefully

just waiting on one judge  

@Dylan' do your job babe

d825F9G.png

Welcome castaways to your 8th results show! Below will be the rates of each entry from the judges. You were all rated on a scale of 1 to 10. Your average score will be combined into an average which will determine who wins the challenge.

After I reveal the scores, I will post the final results which will include how you ranked against all castaways, and finally the overall rankings after this round.

With that said, here are the scores…

OrGVZReERnAW958R_SOzQF1zeJTMb5-WbwpkDmEsjgyAR59xYl5GUbB0dc_o6epuaVlFz_rYtluDjWooVUwqN8kwUbwX_F7Lskt_bz7IX0QBYwb_SDOjEjJyGEb5pARdklKommZd

Buddy! - Happy Ending - MIKA

• Dylan - 8

• It’s not really a shocker for a song called happy ending to not be about happy endings at all, but this works pretty well all things considered. The instrumental is way less of a downer compared to the lyrics, and that’s an interesting contrast.

• T-Swizz - 9

• This round’s prompt seemed rather vague and the only two things that it explicitly asked for are lyrical and sonic departures from the song title. I would expect a more pop/up-beat production from tracks referring to Happy Endings so the fact that this was more of ballad with slow and dramatic production embellishments was a nice twist.

• Prézli - 7.5

• Well, the title says “happy” and the song has indeed a happy/calm vibe. In the lyrics, happy ending is NOT coming for him, so that’s how it fits this round’s theme, but there is correlation between the title and the sonic content, unfortunately.

305 - Ribs - Lorde

• Dylan - 7

• I feel like this is more metaphorical than antithesis, but I see where you’re coming from. This one’s not as strong lyrically, but the instrumental is a little scary and that’s interesting when contrasted with the coming of age lyrics.

• T-Swizz - 7

• This is a rather odd choice ass people don’t usually associate lyrics/production with body parts so it’s entirely subjective in that sense. A quick google search showed that most songs refer to ribs in the physical sense whereas this track refers to it in the metaphorical sense. This is unexpected from the norm and that was asked of you in the prompt so I suppose this makes sense.

• Prézli - 7

• Looking at the title, I’d expect someone is breaking his or her own rib and/or doing some craziness, and that’s in the lyrical content, actually. The tune doesn’t follow the lyrics in this way, but these deep beats hint at its dangerous, yet carefree vibe at the same time

EriKills - Saturday Night - Natalia Kills

• Dylan - 9

• Yeah, you’d definitely expect a girls night out type of song and not a song about teenage tragedy. Good choice.

• T-Swizz - 10

• Domestic violence among your parents was the last thing I expected from a title track named Saturday Night. Great job.

• Prézli - 9.5

• Is this a party song? Hell no. She’s a f@&#ing teenage tragedy. In the chorus, she wants to enjoy “another Saturday night” to overcome her hopeless life which somehow fits the title, but it’s one of the strongest entries this round. Thanks for sending Natalia, finally. :eddie:

KatyCatPH - Saint Laurent - No Rome

• Dylan - 6.5

• This isn’t bad lyrically, just pretty average. The only thing I specifically don’t like is that the instrumental is exactly what you’d expect from a song like this by an artist like this.

• T-Swizz - 5

• Sonically this is pretty much the range I would expect from a track named after a major luxury fashion house. The lyrics are pretty scatter brained but I don’t necessarily see how this is something out of the ordinary.

• Prézli - 7

• I think the title refers to the fashion brand, but he mentions it only once in the second verse. Looking at the title, I wouldn’t expect a dark instrumentation and it doesn’t have one. It is a break-up song in which he hesitates to say goodbye to her as he rather sings about makeup and money. I mean, it’s not a bad choice, but it should have been more contrasting.

MusicLoverDude - Perfect - Simple Plan

• Dylan - 10

• You got a little streak going. Yeah, this was one of the (only) songs I could think of this round. Nice grab.

• T-Swizz - 10

• Great choice. Lyrically and sonically on point and unexpected themes that you wouldn’t normally find in songs named Perfect.

• Prézli - 10

• Simple Plan sucks.? The sonic content is bittersweet (a bit uplifting, maybe?), but it’s angry at the same time which fits the lyrics and the title is opposite of all of these. They might not be perfect, but this entry is perfect.

six0Y2u54q1nDOW81gT690B6yTdwgVjQlf0dn__4lN6G7cKb8n0-3H5MTDR0Zfcx08pvsjXnjPEm0L16dHYof7SR6_epXDiKUF_7ePq9YPrTO7Y10r4P37_WDTsFab4IfMJ4AcR5

K$Ellie - Lonely - Britney Spears

• Dylan - 10

• This one actually didn’t cross my mind and I love Britney. You’re back.

• T-Swizz - 10

• Perfect choice! Surprisingly never listened to this before but it’s the complete opposite of what I expected.

• Prézli - 10

• What a forgotten jam. But I don’t forget to give it a 10.

Moonlightbae - Sober - Demi Lovato

• Dylan - 9

• Listening to this brings back bad memories for obvious reasons. A really raw and real moment for Demi. And unfortunately a lot of people have made comments about how she has a song called Sober but wasn’t Sober. Reading is crucial. I think you did a good job with the theme.

• T-Swizz - 9

• I’m a huge fan of the track and while I agree that technically the song is titled the opposite of what she’s singing about, that’s a bit expected with this topic which is why I couldn’t give it a complete 10/10.

• Prézli - 8.5

• When someone sings about being sober, it could easily mean that he or she wasn’t sober all the time. In this balladic song, Demi is not sober (up against its title) and says sorry to her parents. It has a very little self-empowerment in the context (“I try”), but overall, it’s a good submission.

kiiwii - Hands to Myself - Selena Gomez

• Dylan - 6

• I feel like this has the exact sort of vibe you’d expect from a song titled Hands to Myself. But, I think there is some good lyrical content so it’s not necessarily bad. It’s just one of the weaker ones of the bunch.

• T-Swizz - 5

• This is middle of the road for me, the title and the content don’t have a stark contrast and the production is very much in tune with it.

• Prézli - 6.5

• In the song, Selena refuses to masturbate herself. Sonically, it has an intimate atmosphere which fits the title perfectly - unfortunately in this case. The lyrical content (in which she refuses to masturbate herself because she’s waiting for her boyfriend to make love for her instead) is opposite of the title, but it also fits the music. Overall, it’s a mess.

PoKiTaurus - Fingerprints - Katy Perry

• Dylan - 3

• I mean, maybe you’d expect this song to be sexual and it’s not? Aside from that, this song is superrrr fitting to the title.

• T-Swizz - 1

• Yeah, no.

• Prézli - 2

• Stop sending Katy Perry, please. ? The song is about what the title suggests (for me): Katy is looking for stardom and makes the world remember her as she’s leaving her fingerprints on everything that she has contact with. The rock-ish production fits the lyrical content. Maybe, the fingerprint can have different meaning, for example being a criminal or doing something bad, but do we expect anything like these on a debut album? Definitely not.

kipperskipper - Happy Song - Bring Me the Horizon

• Dylan - 9

• One of the best sonically. Lyrically, it’s good but there are glimmers of hope within it. Overall, still a really good choice for this WEIRD round.

• T-Swizz - 9

• I love how unique this entry is but I have to agree with the other judges in that it’s nearly perfect apart from that hopeful tone that resonates throughout the song.

• Prézli - 9

• Sending a rock song this round was a very very smart choice. Sonically, it’s contrasting as f, this alone would be a big fat 10. But we have a lyrical content which is not as good-fitting as the music. In the lyric, he’s facing with death, but he wants to turn this song into a happy one, that’s why he sings louder. This has self-empowerment as well which is not too okay, but oh, well... I don’t feel my ears after listening to your entry.

-cPAM32mE5VxazRLoMa28fVscGOfHpo33uDQvVm5RlTCihQ0BZ3ENj6TqRCYObDzblkQkTeh9HPsgFEkxnZwEiZsbEeu8VgUGRRTGgDwOrCBkTfbHez8sWx_dTdAS_0OZn-wA5f3

Scene. - Toys R Us - Cupcakke

• Dylan - 9

• Lmao. I mean, I definitely wouldn’t expect a diss sort of song to be titled Toys R Us at all.

• T-Swizz - 10

• I love everything about this.

• Prézli - 8.5

• Knowing cupcakKe, I’d never expect an implicit song from her, lol. Well, it doesn’t sound like fun as the title suggests. Furthermore, it’s not about Toys R Us (“I don't play with people kids”), but toys in pop world can be referred to sex and there is it.

thecptz - Born in the USA - Bruce Springsteen

• Dylan - 8

• Hmm, the lyrics are a lot less patriotic than you’d expect. I believe the instrumental was supposed to be upbeat to hint at sarcasm, but it drags down your entry a little bit. Pretty good though.

• T-Swizz - 8

• I don’t think there’s a heavy enough contrast between the production and what we’d expect out of a song called Born in the USA but other than that this is a pretty decent entry.

• Prézli - 7.5

• The title fits the music pretty well and that’s the weakest point of your submission. Despite them, the lyric is truly not about living the American dream. I wish there wasn’t correlation between the title and the tune.

wesleywalrus - Chop Suey - System of a Down

• Dylan - 9

• This is funny bc it’s titled this just bc of label issues. Like it wouldn’t fit this round if it was titled how they wanted to title it. But, even if I didn’t know that, I wouldn’t expect a Sony called chop suey to be about suicide.

• T-Swizz - 9

• This is definitely unexpected from the norm and a completely different approach. The explanation for the title was interesting to say the least.

• Prézli - 8.5

• This title makes no sense at all, maybe it can be some Chinese thing, lol. In the refrain, he sings about suicide while the instrumentation is so soft and angelic. In the verse, the music matches the lines (“Wake up / Grab a brush and put a little makeup /” etc.) as he screams into the face. I wish the verses were the same as the refrain and the bridge because it would have been a perfect score, but you can’t be disappointed.

Final Results coming up.

d825F9G.png

Now that you've all seen how you've done independently, let's see how you rank among your tribe, among all players, and finally who's heading to Tribal Council

Gaua
1. MusicLoverDude - 10 - IMMUNE

2. EriKills - 9.5

3. Buddy! - 8.2

4. 305 - 7.0

5. KatyCatPH - 6.2

Moti

1. K$Ellie - 10.0 - IMMUNE

2. kipperskipper - 9.0

3. Moonlightbae - 8.8

4. kiiwii - 5.8

5. PoKiTaurus - 2.0

Tavui

1. Scene. - 9.2 - IMMUNE

2. wesleywalrus - 8.8

3. thecptz - 7.8

Overall Rank:

1. kipperskipper - 8.75 (=)

2. Scene. - 8.71 (=)

3. Moonlightbae - 8.53 (=)

4. EriKills - 7.59 (+2)

5. MusicLoverDude - 7.52 (+2)

6. kiiwii - 7.37 (-1)

7. wesleywalrus - 7.18 (+2)

8. thecptz - 7.06 (=)

9. PoKiTaurus - 6.94 (-5)

10. K$Ellie - 6.86 (=)

11. Buddy! - 6.50 (=)

12. KatyCatPH - 6.09 (=)

13. 305 - 6.06 (=)

14. Xedretinz Lododnz - 5.34

15. Bey_Rihstan - 8.27

16. Clytemnestra - 7.25

17. Anvarie - 5.91

18. Kylie Jenner - 6.58

19. Speezy - 7.28

20. Jessie Mulay - 5.94

21. carameldisco - 4.76

22. marsblyr - 7.92 

23. Alena - 4.58

24. Bawdee - 4.5

And now, let's see who will be heading to Tribal Council...

ujolUNn.png

ALL 13 OF YOU!!

Congratulations, you've made the merge!

Besides the three immune people (Scene., MusicLoverDude, and K$Ellie), there are 10 of you up for elimination this Tribal Council during our first Merge TC. This will be a double elimination round so you must send us TWO VOTES for TWO DIFFERENT PEOPLE. All 26 votes will be read and the contestants with the highest and second highest number of votes out of the 26 will be eliminated. Immunity Idols may be played but remember you must PM us before the deadline for these to be valid. That deadline is 8 PM EST on Tuesday, November 27!

RT_zjk35iHDLx5rxvEydqskT8AjMqJihnrIc4Wj6

Good luck everyone.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.