Survivor: ATRL Edition (Season 8) | FINAL. TRIBAL. COUNCIL!!

rl231

• ATRL Moderator

d825F9G.png

Castaways, welcome to Round 7 of Survivor: ATRL Edition (Season 8)!

@K$Ellie @Moonlightbae @Scene. @Xedretinz Lododnz

@thecptz @kiiwii @Buddy! 

@305 @PoKiTaurus @EriKills @wesleywalrus @KatyCatPH

@kipperskipper @MusicLoverDude

The theme for Round 7 is...

Get Your Act Together

I ain't your mama, no

Thanks for your patience! This round, we are looking at relationships where someone is basically a complete loser who is not able to take personal responsibility for anything. The duo is not an even partnership and one of the two has had ENOUGH of the other being such a flop. This song will illustrate how the relationship is failing due to the actions (or lack thereof) of the bum, and a stronger entry would also demonstrate how the frustrated partner has been pulling more than their fair share. Your entry is a song that shouldn't hold back - all of the frustrations should be aired out and it should be clear that the relationship is going to end soon if things do not change. Please be careful to not select a relationship that is failing due to other reasons -- this round is about adults who are not able to accept personal responsibility, and are taking advantage of their lovers.

What To Do:
Once your song is selected, PM the hosts the artist and title of your song in your current submissions thread. You don't have to include a link to the song unless you are sending a specific version of it. There's no explanation needed as your song should speak for itself. If your song requires an explanation to make sense, it's not a good fit.

. You guys are bound to submit the same songs at some point and because no one can occupy the same song, we encourage you to send a back-up choice along with your first pick. This applies especially to those who are not around when a round is posted and don't have the luxury of choosing an instant track.

Take Into Consideration:
The panel will judge the audio/lyrics of the track you submit. Music videos will not increase or decrease your score as some music video plots differ from a song's true meaning.

The theme is what is important here. You will not receive a low score because you sent in a song one of the judges does not like. Taste will at the most be the difference between an 8.5 or a 9. We will never dock off multiple points based off mere preference.

The song you choose should display the meaning upfront. An interview with your artist clarifying the meaning of the song will not be taken into consideration.

Judging Scale (May Vary By Judge):
9/10 – Great entry. Track displays the theme given head on.
8 – Good entry. Displays theme well but not as well as others.
7 – Okay entry. Fits decently but is missing something overall.
6 – Somewhat tackles the theme but falls flat.
5 – Track mentions theme but is otherwise off–base.
3/4 – Song does not hit the theme given besides a line or two.
1/2 – Song has to do with a completely different subject than the theme.

We will supply an example for each round for you all to take inspiration from. Obviously no one can select this song as their entry.

The example for this round is "Ain't Your Mama" by Jennifer Lopez. In this massive chart success, JLO drags her man to the pits of hell for being a loser who has poor time management skills, expects her to do all of the chores in the household, and basically takes advantage of their relationship. Now, she isn't holding back and lets him know that if this relationship is to continue, she is not going to be like his mother, and he is going to have to step up to the plate. He is grown man who needs to handle his own life. Preach sis!

Two tribes will win immunity this round, and just one will head to Tribal Council!

Your song submissions are due in 24 hours (1:30 PM ET) on Monday, November 19th.

Good luck and please let the hosts know if you have any questions!

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Buddy!

• thecptz

• Element

• kipperskipper

• ATRL Moderator

Yeah this game won't be cancelled - I was just joking! This is just hard to host while trying (and failing?? idk) to be a functioning adult so rl231 and I appreciate you guys being patient while we are so slow moving things forward. It's much easier to host as a student tbh

• ATRL Moderator

Circle the Drain is long gone y’all 

1 hour ago, Element said:

Circle the Drain is long gone y’all 

My fave did THAT!

6 hours ago, Dylan' said:

I ain’t @thecptz mama noooooo 

you are ?

• ATRL Moderator

dylan will u be my daddy

element will u be my step daddy

22 minutes ago, Element said:

dylan will u be my daddy

no

16 minutes ago, thecptz said:

yes

dylan will u be tinashe's 1st testicle

• ATRL Moderator
30 minutes ago, thecptz said:

of course but i got no money for u ?

im convinced there arent 5 songs about this

4 minutes ago, wesleywalrus said:

im convinced there arent 5 songs about this

Right? sdjklgh I'm going through my irrelevant pop girl rolodex, doing google searches... this round is so specific.

• ATRL Moderator

I've received 6 submissions so that is false tea!

6 minutes ago, Element said:

I've received 6 submissions so that is false tea!

well @KatyCatPH probably got straight 1s so my conviction still stands 

Yeah this round is a mess, and i'm not even sure if my song will work smh

• ATRL Moderator

d825F9G.png

VOLCANO ERUPTION!

The first person to quote this post will claim whatever has erupted from the volcano! You will receive a private message explaining what you've received. Good luck!

Just now, Element said:

d825F9G.png

VOLCANO ERUPTION!

The first person to quote this post will claim whatever has erupted from the volcano! You will receive a private message explaining what you've received. Good luck!

thank u next

• ATRL Moderator

Scene has claimed the item! PM coming your way

38 minutes ago, Scene. said:

thank u next

b*tch

tenor.gif?itemid=9499290

52 minutes ago, Element said:

tenor.gif?itemid=9499290

can i get something too please

4 hours ago, wesleywalrus said:

well @KatyCatPH probably got straight 1s so my conviction still stands 

Excuse me?!?

• ATRL Moderator

6 hours left to send! Still a few people without entries

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.