BB: Maroon 5 & Cardi to dethrone Drake on #1; Eminem Top 10

QueenofCopyPaste

QueenofCopyPaste

Maroon 5 & Cardi B Vying to Dethrone Drake Atop Hot 100 Next Week; Eminem Could Debut in Top 10

Maroon-5-press-photo-2018-by-Wes-and-Alex-billboard-1548.jpg

"Girls Like You" could finally unseat "In My Feelings," while "Killshot" should soar in with hefty streams.Maroon 5's "Girls Like You," featuring Cardi B, could claim the crown at last on next week's Billboard Hot 100 (dated Sept. 29), narrowly taking the top spot from Drake's "In My Feelings," which has led the list for the past 10 weeks. 

According to building Nielsen Music data, "Girls," which has ranked at its No. 2 Hot 100 high for six straight weeks, should sport over 120 million in radio audience (in the tracking week ending Sept. 23), along with over 25 million U.S. streams and 20,000 downloads sold (in the tracking week ending Sept. 20).  "Feelings" could wrap the week with over 90 million in airplay reach, 38 million U.S. streams and 18,000 sold.  Those trending totals place "Girls" slightly ahead of "Feelings" in the race for No. 1 on the Hot 100.

If "Girls" ascends to the Hot 100's top spot, Maroon 5 would earn its fourth No. 1 and first since "One More Night" in 2012. Cardi B would collect her third leader, after her debut smash "Bodak Yellow (Money Moves)" (three weeks, 2017) and "I Like It," with Bad Bunny and J Balvin (July 7). Additionally, if "Girls" crowns the Hot 100, it would end the streak of rap songs ruling the Hot 100 for a record 34 consecutive weeks. The last pop song to top the Hot 100? Camila Cabello's "Havana," featuring Young Thug, on Jan. 27.

Meanwhile, Eminem's "Killshot" is aiming for a debut in the Hot 100's top 10, driven most heavily by over 40 million first-week U.S. streams, as the track has gotten off to a record start on YouTube. It should also arrive with over 30,000 sold. Eminem is seeking his 20th Hot 100 top 10, and third in a row in a three-week span, after "Lucky You" and "The Ringer" bowed at Nos. 6 and 8, respectively, on the Sept. 15-dated chart.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/8476286/maroon-5-cardi-b-drake-eminem-hot-100-projection

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• QueenofCopyPaste

• simplywohoo

• Digital

• zoldyck

Just now, Chemical X. said:

looks like a confirmation to me.

and the final nail

7 minutes ago, Digital said:

MhyrGV7.gif

This damn gif:lmao:

OT: 

Not holding my breath but omg 

tumblr_inline_p1qhktlAJ81vo6cge_400.gif

Edited by BarbFatale

QueenofCopyPaste
1 minute ago, BarbFatale said:

This damn gif:lmao:

OT: 

Not holding my breathe but omg 

tumblr_inline_p1qhktlAJ81vo6cge_400.gif

Billboard is always being conservative = more likely confirmation

1 minute ago, Glynnefluence said:

Billboard is always being conservative = more likely confirmation

If that’s the case then: 

tumblr_inline_p1qhkuYdjQ1vo6cge_400.gif

Also, the Illuminati Prayer circle came through again!! 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.