Bang Bang is the best selling female collab of all time

Oxygen

2 hours ago, TOASTY said:

It’s shared, per your quote.

Yes, but my point was it was ORIGINALLY released as Jessie J's single. I personally don't care whose it is, I was just asking if it was originally released as Jessie J's single because I thought I remembered seeing that 

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HEAVYONIT

• TOASTY

• ThirdWardBey

• Universal King

Top Posters In This Topic

Jessie J always serves a good classic that will stood the test of time. We been knew.

Y'all can thank JESSIE for promoting this song in China were she pushed those sales in the first place. Ughhh, her mindT.

ceYEbPQ.gif

1 hour ago, Black Jesus said:

Yes, but my point was it was ORIGINALLY released as Jessie J's single. I personally don't care whose it is, I was just asking if it was originally released as Jessie J's single because I thought I remembered seeing that 

It was never released as HER single, though.  It was always released under "Jessie J, Ariana Grande & Nicki Minaj."

My Everything hadn't been released at the time, either.  For the record I don't care whose it is either (I think it's a bop), but it was never disclosed whose single it was it was always just messily shared lol.

Edited by TOASTY

8 hours ago, ThirdWardBey said:

Streams are not sales and the two latter songs have not outsold Telephone. :sistrens:

First of all: yes, this exactly.

Second of all: It was successful but 16M SPS seems inflated as hell. I'd like to see a breakdown of the stats please. It has roughly 9,4M certified SPS units as of now, where are the missing 6,6 million? There's an entire Crazy in Love worth of SPS missing. That's a lot.

10 minutes ago, Arthoe said:

First of all: yes, this exactly.

Second of all: It was successful but 16M SPS seems inflated as hell. I'd like to see a breakdown of the stats please. It has roughly 9,4M certified SPS units as of now, where are the missing 6,6 million? There's an entire Crazy in Love worth of SPS missing. That's a lot.

Spotify +YouTube=1,816,104,933  (not including live performances, lyric videos, audioand other videos with content ID for Bang Bang, which could add another 200-300M+).

Apple Music and others are a bit harder to get but 400Mish sounds reasonable considering the song is 4 years old 

2.216B/250~8.8 Units +7.3M pure sales would get you about 16M units

24 minutes ago, Émotif Fool said:

Spotify +YouTube=1,816,104,933  (not including live performances, lyric videos, audioand other videos with content ID for Bang Bang, which could add another 200-300M+).

Apple Music and others are a bit harder to get but 400Mish sounds reasonable considering the song is 4 years old 

2.216B/250~8.8 Units +7.3M pure sales would get you about 16M units

That's just faulty math because the song is nowhere near 7.3M pure sales. We only have a 3,4M and 550k pure sales figure from the USA and UK, the rest of its certs are with SPS included. That's already 3,25M going down from its confirmed 9,4 figure, putting its "pure sales" at 6,15M, and that is assuming that the rest of its certifications are actual pure sales. It did very well on streaming, but I definitely did not sell 7,4M pure.

14 hours ago, Oxygen said:

It used to be Telephone, then Problem, and now Bang Bang. If you have your doubts, feel free to prove the source in the OP wrong :smile: 

SELLING  reffers to PURE SALES and Bang Bang didn't sell 16 mil even with SPS ( EQUIVALENT UNITS)  so that tweet it's FAKE NEWSS 

Telephone – 9,720,000 DIGITAL SALES   

Problem – 8,910,000 DIGITAL SALES 

Bang Bang – 7,330,000 DIGITAL SALES  

https://chartmasters.org/2017/11/cspc-ariana-grande-popularity-analysis/9/

TELEPHONE STILL REMAINS THE BEST SELLING COLLAB :fan: 

4 minutes ago, BawBaw said:

SELLING  reffers to PURE SALES and Bang Bang didn't sell 16 mil even with SPS ( EQUIVALENT UNITS)  so that tweet it's FAKE NEWSS 

OOP!!! 

tenor.gif?itemid=10353356

Album sales don’t fix trash. I still love Ari, Nicki, and Jessie tho and stream Queen and Sweetener daily. 

6 hours ago, BawBaw said:

They tried to come for Telephone and Problem, they tried :johnald:

17 hours ago, FrederickSpears said:

However this one remains the best and most iconic

The tea has been spilled 

On 9/18/2018 at 8:09 AM, Black Jesus said:

Is this actually considered Jessie J's song? Or do they all share equal footing in the title? Because I could have sworn when this was first released, it was advertised as Jessie J's single featuring Ari and Nicki but now when you go to Spotify, etc... all 3 of them are listed as lead artists

On 9/18/2018 at 8:14 AM, jezebelvictoria said:

They share it. From my understanding it was Ariana's song first though. But I was meaning it was Jesse J's best song but not Nicki and Ariana's best song. :oh:

20 hours ago, TOASTY said:

It was never released as HER single, though.  It was always released under "Jessie J, Ariana Grande & Nicki Minaj."

My Everything hadn't been released at the time, either.  For the record I don't care whose it is either (I think it's a bop), but it was never disclosed whose single it was it was always just messily shared lol.

22 hours ago, FrederickSpears said:

They share it.

They share lead credit but it was Jessie J's single, it lead her album while Nicki & Ariana had their own singles out (Anaconda and Break Free).

29 minutes ago, Kim Kardashian said:

They share lead credit but it was Jessie J's single, it lead her album while Nicki & Ariana had their own singles out (Anaconda and Break Free).

Anaconda came out after Bang Bang.  While it leads her album, it doesn’t take away the fact that it’s a shared single between the three women.  Same can be said for “Lady Marmalade” (just mentioned it bc I saw it in this thread lol).

Edited by TOASTY

1 hour ago, TOASTY said:

Anaconda came out after Bang Bang.  While it leads her album, it doesn’t take away the fact that it’s a shared single between the three women.  Same can be said for “Lady Marmalade” (just mentioned it bc I saw it in this thread lol).

And PnP was the "first" single from the PinkPrint, so yeah...

Really ? It did not feel THAT big. It’s such an annoying song. Congrats to Jessie J though. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.