Beyoncé ties with herself on BB200

ThirdWardBey

I Am... Sasha Fierce now ties BEYONCÉ as the longest-charting albums by a black female artist on the Billboard 200 chart (183 weeks each)

Do we need to make different milestones for black people in 2018? Like what's the difference between white or black female artists?

1 hour ago, TKO said:

Do we need to make different milestones for black people in 2018? Like what's the difference between white or black female artists?

Yes we do, thank you for visiting. 

1 hour ago, ThirdWardBey said:

Yes we do, thank you for visiting. 

No we dont, but slay I guess...

I Am Sasha fierce is also the last album by a black female artist that is certified 3xs plat and in our sales. 

12 hours ago, TKO said:

Sadly we do black people are the most oppressed race in this nation everybody knows that y avoid the truth despite making this country and not getting paid for it and we were separated from our family back in Africa .... I for one don’t know anything about my true culture because of white people 

19 hours ago, TKO said:

16 hours ago, hector.adriel said:

No we dont, but slay I guess...

Until racism is solved, we still do.

This decade, there's literally been 9 or 10 black women to go top 10 on the hot 100, with only 5 of them having two black parents (Beyoncé, Rihanna, SZA, Nicki Minaj & Normani). 

Black women are STILL being discriminated against the industry and they have to work 3x as hard to get the same recognition that other women get. I can list all the white women that have gone top 10 this decade as lead and have a list with 30-40 artists. THAT'S why we bring up black women.

Also it's important to add, this is OF ALL TIME. This isn't just "this decade" 

Compared to greats like Aretha Franklin, Diana Ross, Patti Labelle, Tina Turner, Whitney, Mariah, Natalie King Cole and all the women that came before Beyoncé, IASF & BEYONCÉ are the longest charting albums. 

This is an amazing accomplishment :clap3: 

9 minutes ago, Kool_Aid_King said:

Until racism is solved, we still do.

This decade, there's literally been 9 or 10 black women to go top 10 on the hot 100, with only 5 of them having two black parents (Beyoncé, Rihanna, SZA, Nicki Minaj & Normani). 

Black women are STILL being discriminated against the industry and they have to work 3x as hard to get the same recognition that other women get. I can list all the white women that have gone top 10 this decade as lead and have a list with 30-40 artists. THAT'S why we bring up black women.

Ever realised that theres more white people in the US than black people?

Edited by getinthezone

7 minutes ago, getinthezone said:

Ever realised that theres more white people in the US than blakc people?

Good point! Which means this particular achievement is even more special and impressive!

9 minutes ago, getinthezone said:

Ever realised that theres more white people in the US than black people?

More reasons to celebrate this and inspire minorities to keep grinding and let them know they have a chance. 

16 minutes ago, Kool_Aid_King said:

Good point! Which means this particular achievement is even more special and impressive!

22 minutes ago, Kool_Aid_King said:

19 minutes ago, Superpower said:

More reasons to celebrate this and inspire minorities to keep grinding and let them know they have a chance. 

I didnt say it wasnt impressive, just that theres obv gonna be more white artists in the charts.

44 minutes ago, Superpower said:

:clap3:

3 hours ago, Kool_Aid_King said:

Compared to greats like Aretha Franklin, Diana Ross, Patti Labelle, Tina Turner, Whitney, Mariah, Natalie King Cole and all the women that came before Beyoncé, IASF & BEYONCÉ are the longest charting albums. 

3 hours ago, Kool_Aid_King said:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.