Chainsmoker

16 minutes ago, umich said:

Respect 26k 

(You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman 21k

I Say A Little Prayer 16k

:clap3: 

Too bad Aretha couldn’t get the #1 on HDS :cries:

1 hour ago, aesthetic bih said:

With these sales, it's interesting how Adele will do. I'd be shook if she can sell even just 40% of Hello's debut. :jonny:

That would be 445k... I don't think that's even possible in this climate. She will for sure sell 100k+ tho.

this time next year we'll get 10k #1s

2 minutes ago, DELE2125 said:

That would be 445k... I don't think that's even possible in this climate. She will for sure sell 100k+ tho.

I think that's very well possible tbh. The absolute minimum would be 275k

1 minute ago, Quaithe said:

I think that's very well possible tbh. The absolute minimum would be 275k

The biggest opening week this year was 127k for Drake's "God's Plan" and that was over 7 months ago... By the time she releases, digital sales would have dropped most likely double of what they had dropped back then. If she doubles Drake (which would be insane) that would put her at 254k... I would say the maximum she will sell would be 200k-220k.

6 hours ago, Reinvention said:

It's time to stop acting like sales are relevant.

Yep. 

I think this is the last time that I'm going to create a "Kworb" thread. 

21 minutes ago, Attitude said:

But what about Havana?

9,000, up 39%

i don’t think it’s left the top 40 in sales since its release.

Janet is still selling pretty well I think, that's cool :clap3:

6 hours ago, umich said:

Respect 26k 

(You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman 21k

I Say A Little Prayer 16k

:clap3: 

This is disrespectful. I hate today’s children :biblio: 

17 minutes ago, Eternium said:

This is disrespectful. I hate today’s children :biblio: 

The real injustice is A Slay Is Still A Slay not being amongst her top sellers.

tumblr_n58mltjxN91qhf9blo1_250.gif

10 hours ago, The7thStranger said:

Tragic sales. Music is just not a financially viable commodity anymore.

Janet sold more than 30k with "No Sleeep" and only made the Top 70 on the Billboard Hot 100.

I feel like the only way to help is if the streaming services charges more by having tiers like tier 1 allows you to have access to all music including albums, tier 2 you have to wait a month for the album to be available (like how DVDs come out for movies) or you only have access to songs on the artist playlist but not songs listed under albums

idk just some incentives with a higher cost

hmm, based on wiki we have one 30k or less so far: 29k for BTS.

remember when people dragged taylor for doing more than 10x that last year? whew

Edited by fridayteenage

12 hours ago, Lukey said:

It's time song prices were lowered, seriously... I don't understand why they are refusing to budge on such a thing.

So true!!! They really need to go back 99 cents or just make 69 cents. Then the discounts can be 55 cents or something...

12 hours ago, rihannabiggestfan said:

I don't get the hype for Breathin. I guess cuz the rest of the album is much worse for the most part and that makes the song seem really Good?

:ahh:

14 hours ago, DELE2125 said:

Pretty sure she could pull a 445k... It's Adele after all. Taylor did 340k in summer 2017 and Adele can do more than that.

4 hours ago, PopFan1996 said:

Pretty sure she could pull a 445k... It's Adele after all. Taylor did 340k in summer 2017 and Adele can do more than that.

Taylor did that a year ago... Do you even know how much have digital sales PLUMMETED since then? :toofunny2: I mean, from 2018's releases, the best-selling is "God's Plan" and that has barely scrapped 1M pure sales after 7 whole months.

We don't even know when Adele is releasing, but as months pass, digital sales will only sink further. I don't understand your comparison with Taylor. Summer 2017 /=/ whenever Adele releases.

16 hours ago, TheDevilsAdvocate said:

I feel like the only way to help is if the streaming services charges more by having tiers like tier 1 allows you to have access to all music including albums, tier 2 you have to wait a month for the album to be available (like how DVDs come out for movies) or you only have access to songs on the artist playlist but not songs listed under albums

idk just some incentives with a higher cost

I do kind of wish the tides could turn, because streaming is having a really nasty effect on our music is consumed and created.

On 24/08/2018 at 6:22 AM, DELE2125 said:

Taylor did that a year ago... Do you even know how much have digital sales PLUMMETED since then? :toofunny2: I mean, from 2018's releases, the best-selling is "God's Plan" and that has barely scrapped 1M pure sales after 7 whole months.

We don't even know when Adele is releasing, but as months pass, digital sales will only sink further. I don't understand your comparison with Taylor. Summer 2017 /=/ whenever Adele releases.

Despite digital sales died, they're still very random especially with huge comebacks. The best selling song in 2015 was doing around 130-150k first week, Adele did almost 10 times more.. So it's very possible. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.