Janet Jackson Made for Now NOT in top 200 Spotify WW/US. Why

Lophorina

Apparently she is big remembered and acclaimed legend etc etc 

but not even top 200 Worldwide chart nor The US chart

why?

Discuss

Just like I thought, tbh. Her stans got too cocky because of iTunes performance, when in reality literally nobody buys music anymore. I told them to hold it and wait for the actual charts performance. 

Well isn't it obvious? Janet isn't as big as she once was. She's a veteran in the music industry. Why do people on this forum expect her to be charting on a streaming platform when we all know that most if not all of the legends don't really debut very high, especially in todays climate.

You would think a forum dedicated to music/charts would know this.

Don't make threads for questions you already know just so you can circle-jerk with the other OJH!

kdmp9h-jpg_thumb.gif

Edited by Dolce Vita

9 minutes ago, Dolce Vita said:

Well isn't it obvious? Janet isn't as big as she once was. She's a veteran in the music industry. Why do people on this forum expect her to be charting on a streaming platform when we all know that most if not all of the legends don't really debut very high, especially in todays climate.

You would think a forum dedicated to music/charts would know this.

Don't make threads for questions you already know just so you can circle-jerk with the other OJH!

kdmp9h-jpg_thumb.gif

Most people here don't even their pop music history. There should be a quiz with some questions to be able to sign up tbh.

No one expected that. She's not a streaming force nor she is remembered by newer generations who are crucial for streaming.

Shocked and surprised you would make this thread.... I’ve seen you in every single thread with Janet in the title. 

OT: #1 Trending on YouTube the entire release day, showing 4M views (her quickest to do so) and appears to be #2 on trending now. Seems like it’s doing great to me, for a veteran artist who’s never promoted herself in the streaming era before. :clap3:

Spotify will catch on, it wasn’t a US timed release so not everyone had the song yesterday either. 

Edited by PopThatCorn

It's not like her fanbase are teens lol

Streaming has always been her weakest point.

That's why it's going to be hard for her in this streaming era.

I expected top 200 in the US at least. :michael:

iTunes and YT numbers are good but I guess I shoulda known better.

Madonna / Kylie Minogue / Jennifer Lopez / Janet Jackson / Mariah Carey etc. They are all icons / legends.

They are veterans in the music industry. Just because their new songs don't chart at US doesn't mean anything. 

They all had their peaks and it was REALLY huge. They all had many #1 records. Its not all about charts for them anymore. 

Is it THAT hard to understand?