This is Dark Horse

• ATRL Moderator
12 minutes ago, Jude said:

#2 (+1) *dark green

1kE7Oni.gif

:jonny:

Release the mv NOW! :eli:

"breathin" #1 in US iTunes without Aretha

So it's not #1. :rip: Stop making threads like this, just wait for it to go #1 and then create one.

30 minutes ago, Hurem said:

So it's not #1. :rip: Stop making threads like this, just wait for it to go #1 and then create one.

No offence but this is a special case since what happened to Aretha was unexpected. No one obviously planned on dying on a certain date (unless it's suicide). Aretha shouldn't be part of the competition. So technically, Ariana would have been number 1 if that "unexpected" event didn't happen. 

Just now, Jude said:

No offence but this is a special case since what happened to Aretha was unexpected. No one obviously planned on dying on a certain date (unless it's suicide). Aretha shouldn't be part of the competition. So technically, Ariana would have been number 1 if that "unexpected" event didn't happen. 

But she's not #1, that's the whole point. :rip: 

1 minute ago, Jude said:

Exactly. Why people have a problem with this I don’t know

Just now, Hurem said:

But she's not #1, that's the whole point. :rip: 

Obviously she isn't but I see that you didn't read my point. Pointless arguing. :michael:

2 minutes ago, EnoughSaid said:

Exactly. Why people have a problem with this I don’t know

To downplay her achievement, as usual. :cm:

5 hours ago, ifeelitboy said:

Happy for her, and Janet did it with Made For Now, too!

Without Aretha tracks, Ariana is #1, Janet is #2. Only talents :cm:

main pop girl and a legend smashing  

5 hours ago, ifeelitboy said:

Happy for her, and Janet did it with Made For Now, too!

Without Aretha tracks, Ariana is #1, Janet is #2. Only talents :cm:

main pop girl and a legend smashing  

3 minutes ago, Jude said:

Obviously she isn't but I see that you didn't read my point. Pointless arguing. :michael:

I understand your point, but it's simply not valid. I could say Janet Jackson was #1 without Aretha and Ariana, but that it just doesn't make any sense, does it?

Just now, Hurem said:

I understand your point, but it's simply not valid. I could say Janet Jackson was #1 without Aretha and Ariana, but that it just doesn't make any sense, does it?

It does. I said #1 without Aretha and I already explained why we need to consider the absence of Aretha on the chart and it does make sense. :)

If I said it was #1 without Drake then that would have been a different story since Drake is actually a  competition. :michael:

9 minutes ago, Jude said:

It does. I said #1 without Aretha and I already explained why we need to consider the absence of Aretha on the chart and it does make sense. :)

If I said it was #1 without Drake then that would have been a different story since Drake is actually a  competition. :michael:

Circumstances of someone going #1 doesn't change the fact they're #1. Sorry, I don't make the rules!

1 minute ago, Hurem said:

Circumstances of someone going #1 doesn't change the fact they're #1. Sorry, I don't make the rules!

Of course it doesn't but then again no one wants to die just to be #1 on iTunes. It still doesn't change the fact that Aretha hit the top spot without actually having the intent of competing. :michael:

12 minutes ago, Jude said:

Of course it doesn't but then again no one wants to die just to be #1 on iTunes.

No one said that. :rip: 

Yasss Breathin is a slay! 

#1 now,  officially. :)

I don't think I've ever seen an album track go #1 like this.

Breathin's impact is definitely increased by the lack of good songs on the album, but this is amazing.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.