• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• slw84

• Sinister

• dussymob

• Mattyboy

Top Posters In This Topic

Dj Khaled is such a joke! Because ' i'm the one' went number one, he's thinking history is gonna repeat itself maybe? What's next? He's cooking another ft Rihanna and Bryson, hoping for a 2-peak? Lol, just kidding, love this song.

1 hour ago, ChartsFan said:

Proof?

Charlie Puth - How Long

Radio Songs Peak: #5

Hot 100 Peak: #21

5 hours ago, ARTPØP said:

I think this year is the most in a long long time where there have been many songs that smashed radio (and sales) that completely missed the top 10.

#11 - "LOVE." by Kendrick Lamar (radio - #10)

#11 - "Mine" by Bazzi (radio - #7) 

#11 - "In My Blood" by Shawn Mendes (radio - #7)

#11 - "FRIENDS" by Marshmello x Anne-Marie (radio - #7)

#12 - "Let You Down" by NF (radio - #9)

#12 - "Whatever It Takes" by Imagine Dragons (radio - #5)

#12 - "Delicate" by Taylor Swift (radio - #2)

#14 - "Him & I" by G-Eazy x Halsey (radio - #6)

#20 - "Lights Down Low" by Max (radio - #5)

#21 - "How Long" by Charlie Puth (radio - #5)

#24 - "Wait" by Maroon 5 (radio - #8)

I seriously felt like a good portion of these songs felt big enough to spend at least a week or two in the top 10. Especially the ones I italicized. 

Ugh how I hate how overpowering streaming has become.... 

I hope we don't have to add "Love Lies" to this list... :cries: Please pull thru!! 

It's because of the huge disparity between what pop is playing vs what people are streaming en mass  - really shows pop's lack of relevancy right now overall. Like Delicate being Top 2 on radio but not charting on Spotify is really lame.

2 hours ago, Heart.me said:

Just like everybody forgot rep singles :!ohno:

I didn’t forget the song. I meant I forgot it didn’t go top 10 on sales/streams. Why you gotta be so mean.mp3 ?

1 hour ago, MusicTalker said:

It's because of the huge disparity between what pop is playing vs what people are streaming en mass  - really shows pop's lack of relevancy right now overall. Like Delicate being Top 2 on radio but not charting on Spotify is really lame.

Songs peaked at different times on streaming vs. radio, the same thing happened to Mine, LOVE., Friends, etc.

1 hour ago, Headlock said:

Songs peaked at different times on streaming vs. radio, the same thing happened to Mine, LOVE., Friends, etc.

Like... LOVE., Mine, Him & I and even Friends were streaming monsters. Radio just picked them up late so their metrics sadly didn’t align. The way people downplay radio’s importance because they don’t understand how the charts work/ are biased against it on this sight is concerning. 

QueenofCopyPaste

Early PulseMusicBoards predictions

1.In My Feelings     810  (=) *5th week at #1

2. I Like It               413  (=)

3.Girls Like You      410 (+1)

4.FEFE                   375   (-1)

5.SICKO MODE     345  (NEW)

6.Better Now          292   (=)

7.STARGAZING     268  (NEW)

8.Lucid Dreams      250  (-1)

9.No Brainer           237  (-4)

10.Boo'd Up           219  (-2)

Wait.. i thought FEFE is number2 with the amount of threads before BB :dies:

3 hours ago, ChartsFan said:

Which still doesn’t prove Payola.  Maybe people that listen to the radio actually liked the song and don’t stream music and thus why it explains the hot 100 discrepancy.

im really surprised AtRL allows the slinging around of payola, considering the illegality of it, and thus the slander involved.

I heart radio is the most fraudulent mess out there. 

49 minutes ago, Glynnefluence said:

I guess Maroon 5 doesn't care to get a #2 peak. Hopefully it hits #2. I like it you had your #1 and #2 stays. Time for girls like you.

This top 10 looking like an apple music updates chart.

• ATRL Moderator

whew

1 hour ago, Glynnefluence said:

Pull through SICKO! :duca: 

Hiphop really dominates the charts once again :rip: 

3 hours ago, ChartsFan said:

Not really... the streams weren’t that great for those songs, at least 40-50m to be a “monster”.

They were big on streaming when they first took off & their radio peak was simply just too late. I’m pretty sure Mine was #2 on US Spotify, LOVE. was big bc of Kendrick & iirc Him & I was high on Spotify when it came out (maybe it was iTunes). 

Hopefully FEFE can at least go top 2 and they can do some promo. It’s green on iTunes again..

5 hours ago, luckythisway said:

Like... LOVE., Mine, Him & I and even Friends were streaming monsters. Radio just picked them up late so their metrics sadly didn’t align. The way people downplay radio’s importance because they don’t understand how the charts work/ are biased against it on this sight is concerning. 

The title of “streaming monster” is really only appropriate for LOVE. Mine was fairly big, but never huge. Him & I was not as big as Mine, and it was much more frontloaded. Same goes for FRIENDS, though it was never as big as H&I in the first place.

The main reason these pop radio smashes never go anywhere near the top of the H100 is because they are very frontloaded on streaming and yet continue to ascend the radio charts well after they have collapsed on streaming. You can try to explain that in many ways, but that’s the fact of the matter.

Reputation from top 10 last week to out of the top 20 this week :toofunny2:

"In My Feelings" :clap3::clap3::clap3:

26 minutes ago, DELE2125 said:

Reputation from top 10 last week to out of the top 20 this week :toofunny2:

"In My Feelings" :clap3::clap3::clap3:

That’s odd. Delicate didn’t change much. Maybe a lot of new releases debuted a above it. 

1 minute ago, ChartsFan said:

Only 5

Yeah then not counting the ones that debuted last week.. Doesn’t make sense at all. Maybe Billboard adjusted something or maybe it’s just a random drop after all.

2 minutes ago, ChartsFan said:

Probably also a tight part of the chart. You’ve got divide and Stoney as examples just above it. Lot of similarity to current performance of them.

Very true, when I calculated the top 15 songs last week on the Hot 100, most of the #11-15 songs had just a few points off each other. :rip: I know the Billboard 200 is different, but probably similar in that respect. 

Edited by Mattyboy

17 minutes ago, Mattyboy said:

Very true, when I calculated the top 15 songs last week on the Hot 100, most of the #11-15 songs had just a few points off each other. :rip: I know the Billboard 200 is different, but probably similar in that respect. 

If you look at the HDD estimates, all the albums in that range are super close.

2 minutes ago, marsblyr said:

If you look at the HDD estimates, all the albums in that range are super close.

I need to stay in HDD threads more.. But I was waiting for the next 2 weeks. :fan:

59. Ciara — Level Up (+18)

:clap3: 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.