• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• slw84

• Sinister

• dussymob

• Mattyboy

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, alexanderao said:

The title of “streaming monster” is really only appropriate for LOVE. Mine was fairly big, but never huge. Him & I was not as big as Mine, and it was much more frontloaded. Same goes for FRIENDS, though it was never as big as H&I in the first place.

The main reason these pop radio smashes never go anywhere near the top of the H100 is because they are very frontloaded on streaming and yet continue to ascend the radio charts well after they have collapsed on streaming. You can try to explain that in many ways, but that’s the fact of the matter.

I agree 100% 

11 minutes ago, ChartsFan said:

The problem is you have songs getting 4 times the radio AI. Being blocked from the top ten, by songs doing 30-35M streams.  1/4.

im nit drying those songs should have been number one on the hot 100, but I’d do have serious issues when songs are getting four times he market penetration, and getting blocked from even the top ten,

it it really does show thst the hot 100 in no way reflects what the average GP person hears on a regular basis.

Does it though? Most people I know listen to their own music even in their car or at their gym. I think airplay is overinflated. There is no way 100million AI even makes sense in the grand scheme of things. I think if Billboard could track each and every person listening to radio we'd find that maybe 500k or 1 million people are listening to a song in a day and that's if you are lucky. 

5 hours ago, Mattyboy said:

That’s odd. Delicate didn’t change much. Maybe a lot of new releases debuted a above it. 

It dropped significantly in pure sales (from #4 last week to #24 this week) because this week included only two "Rep" tour shows compared to the previous week which included 4 tour shows. Current tracking week will probably see another drop in sales because there is only one US show during the tracking period.

6 hours ago, DELE2125 said:

Reputation from top 10 last week to out of the top 20 this week :toofunny2:

"In My Feelings" :clap3::clap3::clap3:

I see you’re still obsessed sunshine. :fan:

5 minutes ago, ChartsFan said:

Which would still be way more than if they were to do the same to streaming...

and you you really need to stop reflecting your circle on the whole USA.

look, I get it, i was actually young once, yes really, we too then thought the world revolved around us. It’s a big wide USA, and nit everyone hangs out st clubs gyms and listens to rap.

the ONLY reason it does so well on the hot 100 is due to the methodology B.B. decided to use to appease the industry and thus their existance.

its ridiculous one small segment of the population as a whole gets to dictate the charts.  Charts should be based on equal access to metrics, and nit favour any metric thst favours one genre.

but yeah, ethics died.

To appease the industry who is reliant on it. The industry has always had a say on what metrics Billboard Tracks. Don't act like the industry is just now finally having a say in the way Billboard Tracks things. A small segment of the population 18-34 year olds has always decided what hits the charts and you always have the older generations complaining about what people did back in their day yada yada. The industry clearly thought that streams were a more accurate representation of popularity when compared with airplay and that's why the industry went with Billboards proposal to update the charts to reflect this. Billboard and the industry regularly consult each other to make upgrades to their charts because the industry wants accurate data so they can figure out their marketing and promotional plans for how the music they are putting out will be sold for consumption to the public.  

At the end of the day a small segment of the population always decided the charts. There was never such a thing where everyone knew every song. Secondly, stations are more segmented than they were previously and have only gotten more so since the 1970's and 80's. That's mainly due to the radio stations themselves becoming more about the format than the music actually being played. Each station plays only one type of music which there being some light crossover between with the notable exceptions being HOTAC-POP and Urban-Rhythmic.

41 minutes ago, ChartsFan said:

I don’t buy that.  Most of Those concert goers if they were going to buy the album bought it long ago.

That's your right. But there's a direct correlation between Rep's pure sales numbers and number of shows during the tracking week. The album was selling below 4k before the tour start and also during the time she was on her European leg of the tour. Also it was addressed by Billboard in their article:

Taylor Swift’s reputation returns to the top 10 for the first time since February... The album jumps back into the top 10 on the new chart thanks to continued strong sales of the album at tour stops along her reputation Stadium Tour, as the album sold 10,000 copies (up 17 percent).

https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/8467532/drakes-scorpion-four-weeks-no-1-billboard-200

Fefe is a flop time to unstan.

1 hour ago, Agenor said:

That's your right. But there's a direct correlation between Rep's pure sales numbers and number of shows during the tracking week. The album was selling below 4k before the tour start and also during the time she was on her European leg of the tour. Also it was addressed by Billboard in their article:

https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/8467532/drakes-scorpion-four-weeks-no-1-billboard-200

:rip:

love factual arguments

8 hours ago, ChartsFan said:

Nah.

the real fact of the matter is the formuls and how metrics are weighed,  it’s only important to do well on streaming because BB weighs it the most.

There’s no “nah”. What he said is literal fact.

6 hours ago, umich said:

59. Ciara — Level Up (+18)

:clap3: 

Wow. Go Cici :clap3: 

@ChartsFan the charts have always been about what younger people are listening to...always.

the whole entire entertainment industry (and many other industries) are based around the 13-35 demographic. 

You might as well start arguing that commercials on the radio deserve to chart high because they are exposed to a lot of people....

And people doubted Justin's power :fan:

51 minutes ago, Jennifer said:

@ChartsFan the charts have always been about what younger people are listening to...always.

the whole entire entertainment industry (and many other industries) are based around the 13-35 demographic. 

You might as well start arguing that commercials on the radio deserve to chart high because they are exposed to a lot of people....

That’s a lie. Back in the 60s-90s artist 20-30 years in their careers could still score big hits. Aretha Franklin’s last top 40 hit was in the mid 90s. Cher got her biggest hit in the 90s as well. You mean to tell me only young people was listening to songs like Sexual Healing and I’m Every Woman? Y’all literally know nothing about chart history.  

9 minutes ago, ChartsFan said:

I was wrong. And I’ll tell us why I was wrong, the meth got me.

:deadbanana4:

1 hour ago, dussymob said:

That’s a lie. Back in the 60s-90s artist 20-30 years in their careers could still score big hits. Aretha Franklin’s last top 40 hit was in the mid 90s. Cher got her biggest hit in the 90s as well. You mean to tell me only young people was listening to songs like Sexual Healing and I’m Every Woman? Y’all literally know nothing about chart history.  

Cher was a one off. 

And there are always exceptions to everything. For the most part, younger people dictate pop culture and popular music and that is NOT a new phenomenon.

Idk why I’m even bothering with you- you spend all your time here trashing and trying to downplay Drake’s blatantly obvious huge success/popularity :laugh: 

• ATRL Moderator

honestly i used to think tht radio should be eliminated from the formula or otherwise be downweighed

but radio is so very popular in the US atm that downweighing it wouldn't really make that much sense, nor would straight up eliminating it.

and that's where european charts fall flat a bit; because they don't have radio but they were so quick to accept streaming into their charts, you have situations like Divide in the UK or Damso in France. but this is another topic for another day x

2 hours ago, Thickorita said:

:deadbanana4:

I'm screaming at the meth comment:ahh: 

In My Feelings staying strong..
anyone know the SPS? If i had to guess i'd say its eligible for 3xPlat? Wonder if it can go diamond along with Gods Plan, although i guess IMF might not have as much longevity in the end

• ATRL Moderator
49 minutes ago, TaylenaStan said:

In My Feelings staying strong..
anyone know the SPS? If i had to guess i'd say its eligible for 3xPlat? Wonder if it can go diamond along with Gods Plan, although i guess IMF might not have as much longevity in the end

approx 2.3m sps

4 hours ago, dussymob said:

This really isn’t the case. Those are very rare, which is why it was a big deal when Cher got a hit since it wasn’t common for a women that age to even score hits like that. 

The music industry was largely driven by youth culture. Rock music in the 50s was only listened to by teens and early 20 something. Eventually leading to its dominance. The Beatles were largely popular with teens. That has always been th key demographic. 

Early predicitons

1 In My Feelings       776 (=)  

2 I Like It       356  (=)

3 Girls Like You       344 (+1) 

4 Fefe       341  (-1)

5 Sicko Mode       284  (debut)

6 Better Now       244  (=)

7 Stargazing       233  (debut)

8 Lucid Dreams       217  (-1)

9 No Brainer       188  (-4)

10 Boo'd Up       182 (-2) 

11 Taste       180  (-2)

12 Nice For What       168  (-2)

13 No Tears Left To Cry       160  (-1)

14 Yes Indeed       158  (=)

15 Psycho       157  (-4)

16 Delicate       157  (-3)

17 Love Lies       155  (-2)

18 Carousel       141  (debut)

19 Perfect       140  (-1)

20 Yosemite 140 (debut)

22 Big Bank 137 (+3)

23 Youngblood 136 (=)

24 R.I.P. Screw 135 (debut)

26 No Bystanders 130 (debut)

29 Stop Trying To Be God 119 (debut)

30 5% Tint 118 (debut)

31 Back To You 117 (-5)

34 Wake Up 114 (debut)

37 God Is A Woman 105 (-10)

45 One Kiss 101 (-15)

52 Apeshit 91 (-17)

54 Eastside 87 (-10)

64 I'm A Mess 69 (-11)

72 Beautiful 63 (debut)

73 Level Up 63 (-14)

76 Solo 60 (-18)

86 Bed 54 (-23)

91 Sober 49 (-44)

Girl how is Bed tumbling all the way out the Hot 100 to bubbling under   :ahh::ahh:

Hot 100 Video Version

Bubbling Under Hot 100

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.