• nick4bty

• Mr.Fenty

• Enoch

27 minutes ago, fridayteenage said:

These are alternative facts

Meant to Be didn't go #1? :rip: my bad

The Middle did smash on pop radio tho and went top 5

These rappers are truly winning.

I would not be surprised if both Ari and Nicki get blocked. Drake and Travis still on fresh on the charts... and then there is a rapper releasing that same day right? Lil Something. Oh wow oh wow

Just now, rta1913 said:

These rappers are truly winning.

I would not be surprised if both Ari and Nicki get blocked. Drake and Travis still on fresh on the charts... and then there is a rapper releasing that same day right? Lil Something. Oh wow oh wow

Yes lil pump streaming is crazy. Ari & Nicki may get blocked

15 minutes ago, tylerrcrush said:

Meant to Be didn't go #1? :rip: my bad

The Middle did smash on pop radio tho and went top 5

The Middle blocked Meant To Be on pop radio. Both are pretty much forced hits anyway. One is a 2.0 of another pop song that stayed on top of pop radio for long time, and the other has poor callout on pop radio.

OT: still can't believe Travis Scott is that popular. He's pulling a J. Cole here or what?

The Middle is Zedd's. and the girl on it is country girl anyway

anyway, wonder how close drake and travis will be next week.

Edited by fridayteenage

26 minutes ago, Recordyear said:

The Middle blocked Meant To Be on pop radio. Both are pretty much forced hits anyway. One is a 2.0 of another pop song that stayed on top of pop radio for long time, and the other has poor callout on pop radio.

OT: still can't believe Travis Scott is that popular. He's pulling a J. Cole here or what?

Imagine a J. Cole / Frank Ocean drop combined. Will have that effect.

Nicki better push back the album another week because... :rip: 

Now I'm not confident that Ariana can defeat Lil Pump :rip: 

4 hours ago, MusicTalker said:

How is that farfetched?  Their relationship is very well publicized and she just had his child. Kylie Jenner is one of the biggest and influential celebrities our time - this would be like saying Bieber didn't raise Selena's profile because of their relationship.

His last album opened with 88K SPS in 2016 and this is more than tripling that. I'm sure she's not entirely the reason he's grown in popularity, but being Kylie Jenner's baby father is gonna increase people's interest in someone a lot.

His last album was an AM exclusive for two weeks. Plus streaming has grown a lot since then along with his popularity. He sold 50k back in 2016 and will do it again this week. Kylie has minimal impact.

Katy does amusement park theme with political purpose: "Omg it's cringe, boring, makes no sense, flop, not worth the budget"

Travis does amusement park theme with transphobic scandal: *has insane streams, tops Billboard with great numbers*

The GP are so annoying. But congrats to him.

When it's right, it's right. Glad to see talent winning :clap3:

I'm surprised.

I know Travis is pretty big but I didn't know he was this big. 

y’all need to stop acting like this is some new trend. hip-hop/rap has always dominated but since it has most of the time been pirated and downloaded illegally it never charted as much. the only people who buy music are pop stans if you look at the pure sales of pop acts compared to rappers. streaming apps give accessibility of music to everyone so now that most people are listening to music legally we actually see a reflection of what’s popular on the charts. rap has always been winning and y’all will deal :fan:

Edited by Scandal

10 hours ago, Heidi's Chair said:

That's how I noticed the top 100 tag on it lol.

I was left kind of underwhelmed tbh, it's not Scorpion level filler but it's also not a trap banger front to back like DS2 or Barter 6 and not experimntal enough. Maybe I should give it another try cause some moments (usually features) caught my eye

I mean it's not like EDM radio hits always give the vocalists a lot of exposure.

I don't think Big Sean's next record will have a bigger number because of Feels, you know

i think Travis wanted to make a cohesive project rather the one that bangs. it was more or less his aim since Rodeo (remember these T.I.'s spoken intros lol?) but i think it's the first time when he succeed here.

EDM features give some exposure tho. People who didn't know these artists get used to them.

anyway we all should get used to see more rap artists in Russian charts. Even Lyor Cohen himself mentioned that 40% of Russian music industry revolves around hip hop now. Yup, it's mostly local artists but it also gives a lot of prospects for the Western ones.

12 hours ago, Bacardi said:

Rap boys are the new pop girls :clap3:

Drake vs Kendrick: Bigger impact?

Why is Vince Staples underrated?

DJ Khaled exposed

Batlle of mediocrity: Big Sean vs Logic

and more coming soon to ATRL :clap3:

Who are these tragic people

1 hour ago, Mr.Fenty said:

anyway we all should get used to see more rap artists in Russian charts. Even Lyor Cohen himself mentioned that 40% of Russian music industry revolves around hip hop now. Yup, it's mostly local artists but it also gives a lot of prospects for the Western ones.

I would've predicted even more. Weird there's no mainstream media formats that reflect that. Not a single radio station or a talk show. It's all on YouTube/VK, I would've thought that at this point a local equivalent of The Breakfast Club or Everyday Struggle would've been concieved knowing how Russians love to steal

1 hour ago, Mr.Fenty said:

EDM features give some exposure tho. People who didn't know these artists get used to them.

I just don't remember folks like Daya or MO becoming household names lawl

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.