Drake ties Teenage Dream.

iHype.

1 minute ago, iHype. said:

You sound mad.

Nonstop already debuted #1 on Spotify with the highest daily streams ever, before the promo kicked in. Would've went #1 anyways regardless of Spotify promo.

In My Feelings also #1 on iTunes, Apple Music & YouTube. Would've went #1 anyways regardless of Spotify promo.

IntoMeYouSee

But did he had any competition? Katy back in 2010-2012 period had tons of competition like Gaga, Rihanna with Loud that was scoring hits left and right, Adele. But good for him streaming really took over and he has streaming behind him, im a bit pressed that he achieved it without any effort while back in the day, artist had to actually promote songs and it seemed more difficult, but congrats to him :clap3:He also made a really good guinea pig, could be a good promo strategy for other artist to try like he did recently.

iHype.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• iHype.

• PurrKaty

• Witnessed ET

• IntoMeYouSee

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, XXXO said:

So she got 6 #1s an 2 #2s in one era in Canada? :skull:

Sure did! I think the re-release singles count separately technically, but yeah all from the same era.

46 minutes ago, theweekend said:

The way she almost had 8 #1’s!!! Unbelievable!

She almost did I’m the US. Cali Gurls, Teenage Dream, Firework, E.T., Last Friday Night, and Part Of Me all went #1. The One That Got Away hit #3 and Wide Awake hit #2. 

2 hours ago, IntoMeYouSee said:

Not USA, but congrats doing it in his homeland with such amount of promo, it was literally shoved in every spotify playlist and everyone's face I wouldn't be so proud of him.

Witness was shoved in everyone’s face too and didn’t see the same results. Probably why you’re upset!

Not USA, but congrats doing it in his homeland with such amount of promo, it was literally shoved in every spotify playlist and everyone's face I wouldn't be so proud of him.

the salt lmao

Witness was shoved in everyone’s face too and didn’t see the same results. Probably why you’re upset!

29 minutes ago, Rico Shameless v2 said:

I dont remember Witness album nor CTTR in playslists like Gospel or every other single genre and playslist he was/is. 

12 hours ago, Erreur2 La Nature said:

It's crazy how TD's songs were everywhere and how I'm yet to hear one of these Drake songs irl in my country 

this, the only place im hearing about scorpion is my mailbox when spotify sends me life threats to stream “the biggest album ever” 

7 hours ago, Rico Shameless v2 said:

no it wasn’t, i never got any email from spotify or notifications from deezer (even though i marked her as a favorite) and no notification from youtube about Witness world wide, it got the same promo that any album gets, billboards here and there + little promo on the front pages of those sites

unlike this drake album, if you didn’t check atrl / twitter, there wasn’t really a way to hear about this album “officially”

on the Canadian Hot 100 :bibliahh: 

you really really REALLY tried to have a hit thread with this title :toofunny3: 

5 minutes ago, SeanET said:

If it was the American Hot 100 I would've titled it 'Drake ties Michael Jackson', the one known for holding the record. :clap3:

Nnnn, these aren't even good Drake songs by his standards, but those Teenage Dream songs are pretty iconic and basically pop classics at this point, a mess :bibliahh: 

11 minutes ago, SeanET said:

Right, like...:ahh:

5 minutes ago, iHype. said:

If it was the American Hot 100 I would've titled it 'Drake ties Michael Jackson', the one known for holding the record. :clap3:

you sound mad :fan:

OT: congrats king of Canada!

Just now, SeanET said:

you sound mad :fan:

OT: congrats king of Canada!

Says the one complaining about a thread title.

Roulette

It’s so crazy whenever I remember that Teenage Dream was even more successful in Canada than the US, and that’s saying much because it was HUGE in the US in the first place. What a Queen.

OT: Even if Drake ties Katy’s record in the US, it won’t ever feel the same because his #1s from Scorpion don’t even have the same radio power as the TD singles. Katy was everywhere in the airwaves back to back during that era.

7 hours ago, IntoMeYouSee said:

I dont remember Witness album nor CTTR in playslists like Gospel or every other single genre and playslist he was/is. 

I remember this:rip:

Those poor grandmas probably had almost heart attacks when they had to hear about drugs and hoes :ahh:

1 minute ago, iHype. said:

Says the one complaining about a thread title.

Roulette

but you did it on purpose :michael: 

General Rules

Disruptive Content
Thread titles must not contain misleading descriptions of the thread’s content

too bad this thread not only wasn't a hit but it backfired too

OT: Canadians adore Drake!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.