Cardi top female in 2018 - Nielsen Mid-Year Report

TtaraHae

6 minutes ago, TtaraHae said:

XXXTentacion having the same numbers as Taylor was probably an obvious mistake from the person who published the article on Business Insider, I tweeted them for clarification already :rip: 

And once again, if you feel that Nielson made a mistake in their list: feel free to voice your concerns to them. I'm pretty sure that I trust their list... it's Nielson we're talking about here after all. I'm just sharing what was published, you don't have to be pressed and claim that I'm faking numbers when the numbers are literally linked from the original source in the OP for your own viewing pleasure. :michael: 

I’m saying Business Insider made a mistake not Nielsen not you

Cardi not being on that list while J Cole, Eminem & Taylor are all there makes absolutely no sense now that we’ve seen the 2018 Top Albums & Top Singles Nielsen lists published by Billboard 

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TtaraHae

• istan4badgalriri

• igetfilthy

• iHype.

Top Posters In This Topic

33 minutes ago, Icarus said:

Christina released this year I believe :clap3: 

In May :clap3:

13 minutes ago, istan4badgalriri said:

I’m saying Business Insider made a mistake not Nielsen not you

Cardi not being on that list while J Cole, Eminem & Taylor are all there makes absolutely no sense now that we’ve seen the 2018 Top Albums & Top Singles Nielsen lists published by Billboard 

Once again: if you feel there's been a mistake, you know what to do to seek clarification. You know the author's name and Google is available to find the necessary contact information. Feel free to report back to us with what they say, maybe they'll update the list and article if they find that they indeed made a mistake from what you point out to them and I'll happily update the OP because I too value the reporting of accurate information. Multiple sources are reporting the same information from Nielson so it seems like this is, indeed, the actual list. Until then, I don't know what to tell you. :michael: 

OT: I need women to dominate music again. This list is saddening as a pop stan and as someone who pretty much only listens to gals. At least one of my favorite female artists is still winning! :chick3:

:clap3: 

Edited by TtaraHae

5 minutes ago, Timber said:

So Cardi is in the top 10 and not Taylor. :celestial5:

Not according to Nielson. Multiple sources are reporting the same thing, citing Nielson as their source. :michael: 

Edited by TtaraHae

igetfilthy

Congratulations to Cardi B who is supposed to be there :clap3:

Cardi, the biggest female in 2018 in the US. :clap3:

Edited by Timber

40 minutes ago, Lennox. said:

Congratulations Cardi B.

5 minutes ago, igetfilthy said:

2 minutes ago, Timber said:

Your reading skills are kinda tragic lmao

Congratulations to all the artists who made the list, like Taylor :clap3:

1 hour ago, TtaraHae said:

Once again: if you feel there's been a mistake, you know what to do to seek clarification. You know the author's name and Google is available to find the necessary contact information. Feel free to report back to us with what they say, maybe they'll update the list and article if they find that they indeed made a mistake from what you point out to them and I'll happily update the OP because I too value the reporting of accurate information. Multiple sources are reporting the same information from Nielson so it seems like this is, indeed, the actual list. Until then, I don't know what to tell you. :michael: 

OT: I need women to dominate music again. This list is saddening as a pop stan and as someone who pretty much only listens to gals. At least one of my favorite female artists is still winning! :chick3:

From Billboard:

Nielsen Music's Mid-Year 2018 Charts:

2018’s Mid-Year Top 10 Albums (Based on Overall Equivalent Album Units*)
1. Post Malone, beerbongs & bentleys (1,791,000)
2. Soundtrack, The Greatest Showman (1,602,000)
3. Cardi B, Invasion of Privacy (1,113,000)
4. Migos, Culture II (1,088,000)
5. Soundtrack, Black Panther: The Album (1,058,000)
6. Ed Sheeran, ÷ (Divide) (845,000)
7. J. Cole, KOD (794,000)
8. Post Malone, Stoney (788,000)
9. XXXTentacion, ? (769,000)
10. Justin Timberlake, Man of the Woods (664,000)

https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/8464189/post-malone-ed-sheeran-drake-nielsen-music-mid-year-2018-charts

igetfilthy
3 minutes ago, Ash12345 said:

Your reading skills are kinda tragic lmao

Your reading skills are tragic. Nielsen literally listed IOP at 1.1M in the same article which means Cardi did more than Taylor...

41 minutes ago, Lennox. said:

Congratulations Cardi B.

6 minutes ago, igetfilthy said:

3 minutes ago, Timber said:

1 minute ago, Miles Away said:

its Cardi lol

37bf1f484a569c0ad4347ddc18f2a400.png

---

sign.jpg

igetfilthy
Just now, TtaraHae said:

37bf1f484a569c0ad4347ddc18f2a400.png

---

sign.jpg

You’re clearly not getting at what we are saying. Nielsen obviously made a mistake and forgot Cardi.

http://www.nielsen.com/content/dam/corporate/us/en/reports-downloads/2018-reports/us-midyear-music-report-2018.pdf

They have IOP at 1.1M here but then forget it list her in the top artists...

4 minutes ago, igetfilthy said:

You’re clearly not getting at what we are saying. Nielsen obviously made a mistake and forgot Cardi.

http://www.nielsen.com/content/dam/corporate/us/en/reports-downloads/2018-reports/us-midyear-music-report-2018.pdf

They have IOP at 1.1M here but then forget it list her in the top artists...

Email Nielson about it! As far as it stands, however, that's the official list... and Taylor is on it while Cardi isn't. Multiple sources are all reporting the same exact thing listing the same exact source. You claim Nielson made a mistake, someone else claimed the mistake wasn't on Nielson's part but on one of the sites reporting the data from Nielson... hopefully you can all get a response from these sources and have your hearts at ease. Report back with what they tell you and changes will be made to the OP if necessary. :michael: 

OT: Taylor Swift :clap3: 

Edited by TtaraHae

1 hour ago, iHype. said:

This is incorrect.

How would she be the top female with 1,068,000 when that same report says Invasion of Privacy has done 1,113,000 this year. 

Taylor has 5 other albums sis 

edit: omg fjdbsjfndjsnsn that’s her total consumption, not just Reputation 

Edited by Artemisia

13 minutes ago, igetfilthy said:

Your reading skills are tragic. Nielsen literally listed IOP at 1.1M in the same article which means Cardi did more than Taylor...

Or that they misreported the numbers

:skull:

I think Nielsen messed up on this one. If you look at the full report from Nielsen: 

Top 10 Artists 

xBPqDL1.jpg

Now look at Top Artists by on demand Audio:

vNY4aTh.jpg

It matches for everyone who is on the previous list.

Now, let's have a look at the Top 10 Albums:

ih8fw35.jpg

Cardi's IOP audio streams are listed much higher than her total stream count which is impossible considering the total on demand list includes her non album features.

So, either Nielsen messed up with IOP's album total with the wrong number of streams or they messed up her overall on demand stream count (which is relevant for the Top 10 artist list). There might be a third scenario where only solo songs count for the Top 10 artist list for on demand audio streams, hence limiting Cardi's consumption numbers.

At this point, all of this is just speculative. Only the personnel from Nielsen involved in the creating the report can give clarifications about everyone's concern here.

Also, please note that Eminem and Taylor's numbers include the consumption of all their catalog along with their current album.

Edited by marsblyr

10 minutes ago, marsblyr said:

I think Neilsen messed up on this one. If you look at the full report from Neilsen: 

Top 10 Artists 

xBPqDL1.jpg

Now look at Top Artists by on demand Audio:

vNY4aTh.jpg

It matches for everyone who is on the previous list.

Now, let's have a look at the Top 10 Albums:

ih8fw35.jpg

Cardi's IOP audio streams are listed much higher than her total stream count which is impossible considering the total on demand list includes her non album features.

So, either Neilsen messed up with IOP's album total with the wrong number of streams or they messed up her overall on demand stream count (which is relevant for the Top 10 artist list). There might be a third scenario where only solo songs count for the Top 10 artist list for on demand audio streams, hence limiting Cardi's consumption numbers.

Also, please note that Eminem and Taylor's numbers include the consumption of all their catalog along with their current album.

Well there you have it...

2 hours ago, iHype. said:

This is incorrect.

How would she be the top female with 1,068,000 when that same report says Invasion of Privacy has done 1,113,000 this year. 

2 hours ago, istan4badgalriri said:

Mess :skull: 

The link is in the OP doesn’t even show those numbers, why do stans make up fake stats like this 

1 hour ago, istan4badgalriri said:

then they definitely made a mistake since she has the exact same numbers as XXX (who’s #4) and Cardi moved 1,113,000 units from Invasion Of Privacy according to Nielsen which would place her at #8 on that list 

1 hour ago, Lennox. said:

Congratulations Cardi B.

52 minutes ago, igetfilthy said:

49 minutes ago, Timber said:

46 minutes ago, Miles Away said:

its Cardi lol

I hope that in the time since you've all made these posts that you've directed your concerns to Nielsen Music. Looks like the list this thread concerns, however, is accurate - the only discrepancy in the entire Nielsen report are in Cardi's numbers. Hope we get a response from Nielsen to all of your emails soon. Till then, let the celebration over the most consumed female artist in 2018 and 10th most consumed artist overall (Taylor Alison Swift) continue! :fan: 

Edited by TtaraHae

2 minutes ago, TtaraHae said:

I hope since you've all made these posts that you've directed your concerns to Nielson Music. Looks like the list this thread concerns, however, is accurate - the only discrepancy in the entire Nielson report are in Cardi's numbers. Let the celebration over the most consumed female artist in 2018 and 10th most consumed artist overall (Taylor Alison Swift) continue! :fan: 

I think with the artist numbers instead of the album numbers Cardi would be at like 1,020,000 SPS. 

---------

Omg, Taylor!!! What a queen! ?

We love her again! :clap3:

2 hours ago, romas_ld said:

why does she have the same numbers as XXXTentacion?:deadbanana4:

An update on this: 

We now have screenshots from the official report from Nielsen. I've now edited it into the OP. The mistake was just as we had forecast in that the person who wrote the article for Business Insider made a mistake in transferring the stats. XXX's real numbers are now listed. :clap3: 

Nielson/Billboard has some splaining to do. 

26 minutes ago, TtaraHae said:

I hope that in the time since you've all made these posts that you've directed your concerns to Nielsen Music. Looks like the list this thread concerns, however, is accurate - the only discrepancy in the entire Nielsen report are in Cardi's numbers. Hope we get a response from Nielsen to all of your emails soon. Till then, let the celebration over the most consumed female artist in 2018 and 10th most consumed artist overall (Taylor Alison Swift) continue! :fan: 

It’s not a mistake with just Cardi’s numbers. Literally almost everyone has faulty number. 

These lists both use the same things – pure sales, TEA, and SEA.

U63DNCe.jpg

OfapB9J.jpg

Yet Post Malone, Drake, Migos, J.Cole, and XXX all literally have different numbers. 

Probably that number 1.13M for Cardi includes all her (2017/2018) streaming, meanwhile the chart is only about 2018 consumption?

OT: reputa did THAT :clap3: 

4 minutes ago, iHype. said:

It’s not a mistake with just Cardi’s numbers. Literally almost everyone has faulty number. 

These lists both use the same things – pure sales, TEA, and SEA.

U63DNCe.jpg

OfapB9J.jpg

Yet Post Malone, Drake, Migos, J.Cole, and XXX all literally have different numbers. 

Atleast their numbers match in the On Demand report and the artist report. Cardi's numbers are different there as well. As for the one you shared, if you notice, there is a specific cut off date for all genre charts but nothing is mentioned for the overall list. It may also be a duration issue as XXX's numbers have increased a lot in the past weeks and you can see he is one that has the biggest drop in numbers.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.