Radio callouts: Doja smashing

Starkboy

3 minutes ago, Starkboy said:

I strongly disagree. ME! and YNTCD are both legit bad songs to me and Lover is good but not close to Wildest Dreams, Style, Blank Space etc at all. 

I have to agree. YNTCD has a good chorus but those screams make it unlistenable. Lover has that weird vocal production. Paper rings would have been great. 

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ger

• Raphy23

• Starkboy

• Yog

Top Posters In This Topic

46 minutes ago, Starkboy said:

I strongly disagree. ME! and YNTCD are both legit bad songs to me and Lover is good but not close to Wildest Dreams, Style, Blank Space etc at all

this is very true... but lover in general is ten times better than rep and deserves better 

5 hours ago, argos said:

Is it possible that Scooby is paying radio not to play her songs??

I believe. That man will do anything :skull:

How is possibile that terrible songs get good call out and Lover (objectively a good song) not. I understand that Meth! was not well received (and lowkey YNTCD too) but Lover is better than 70% of the song in the chart

butterflysupreme

People saying the 1989 singles were good :rip: those songs would definitely be getting bad callouts too in the current climate, this type of pop is outdated. Lover is arguably better than any 1989 single except Wildest Dreams. 

• ATRL Moderator

Is this regarding the remix?  Bc the remix is bad wbk

The original version>>>>>

On 11/15/2019 at 10:13 AM, Starkboy said:

17(NE) Don't Call Me Angel 27.(NE)

Oh my.

everyone sick of arianda

7 hours ago, argos said:

Is it possible that Scooby is paying radio not to play her songs??

If you were any other fanbase you'd be called delusional although I'm sure there's dirtiness around the industry.

I've seen people get pulled from shows, audio problems that were teased by industry ppl in advance, outright refusals to stop pitting names against other names

Taylor launched a very public war with Scooter and although I dont trust that iHeart's radio research is 100 percent it's not like Taylor hasn't had some trouble connecting this year. Everyone said they hated her first two singles but now it's Scooter making Lover flop?

Then why is Ari also struggling with her last two radio songs?

26 minutes ago, sober said:

Ariana at her peaking having those callouts :skull:

Only Ariana’s last two singles had terrible callouts and they were still better than like all of Taylor’s singles from her past two albums sans Delicate. :skull: Ariana’s been releasing singles for a year and a half straight. Of course the GP is gonna get a little tired.

2 minutes ago, Thuggin said:

Only Ariana’s last two singles had terrible callouts and they were still better than like all of Taylor’s singles from her past two albums sans Delicate. :skull: Ariana’s been releasing singles for a year and a half straight. Of course the GP is gonna get a little tired.

Let's not act like Taylor hasn't also released a lot of singles in the past 2 years

IDWLF (it was released on Pop radio during January 2017)
LWYMMD
RFI
End Game

New Years Day (also sent to Radio)
Delicate
Babe
ME!
YNTCD
Lover
Beautiful Ghosts (soon)

And yet Delicate had better callouts and longevity to this day so it became a radio staple unlike some other girls whose lasted lead-single are forgotten and left behind on this metric.

Ff8jSH2.gif

26 minutes ago, cliche_display said:

If you were any other fanbase you'd be called delusional although I'm sure there's dirtiness around the industry.

I've seen people get pulled from shows, audio problems that were teased by industry ppl in advance, outright refusals to stop pitting names against other names

Taylor launched a very public war with Scooter and although I dont trust that iHeart's radio research is 100 percent it's not like Taylor hasn't had some trouble connecting this year. Everyone said they hated her first two singles but now it's Scooter making Lover flop?

Then why is Ari also struggling with her last two radio songs?

I wasn't exactly being serious. 

But it's kinda odd that this song has worse than horrible callouts, even more so considering it sounds tailored for the radio. 

15 minutes ago, sober said:

Let's not act like Taylor hasn't also released a lot of singles in the past 2 years

IDWLF (it was released on Pop radio during January 2017)
LWYMMD
RFI
End Game

New Years Day (also sent to Radio)
Delicate
Babe
ME!
YNTCD
Lover
Beautiful Ghosts (soon)

And yet Delicate had better callouts and longevity to this day so it became a radio staple unlike some other girls whose lasted lead-single are forgotten and left behind on this metric.

Ff8jSH2.gif

And almost all of those got awful callouts while most of Ariana’s didn’t. :toofunny3: Like weren’t the Rep singles breaking records left and right for how fast radio was dropping them? :skull: The only one after IDWLF that didn’t get horrible callouts was Delicate and even that was solely radio fueled, local, and a complete non-event on streaming. :rip:

Taylor had a two year break between her last two albums (and even over a year between Delicate and ME!). Ariana has literally pushed a single every two months since No Tears.

QueenofCopyPaste

Throwback to Ruth B's Lost Boy 

When it shocked everyone and it debuted #1 on Callout Scores

1 minute ago, Thuggin said:

And almost all of those got awful callouts while most of Ariana’s didn’t. :toofunny3: Like weren’t the Rep singles breaking records left and right for how fast radio was dropping them? :skull: The only one after IDWLF that didn’t get horrible callouts was Delicate and even that was solely radio fueled, local, and a complete non-event on streaming. :rip:

Taylor had a two year break between her last two albums (and even over a year between Delicate and ME!). Ariana has literally pushed a single every two months since No Tears.

Ariana never got any good callouts to begin with :skull: Her least repudiated single is 7 Rings that's why it's her only single to peak at #1 on Overall radio. TUN tanked, Break Up tanked, Boyfriend tanked, DCMA tanked... and this is supposed to her peak where she's universally adored by GP. Taylor at least managed to have a real radio hit with Delicate which is STILL played on radio today, Ariana can barely have one.

07/13

1. Love Lies 58.4

15. No Tears Left To Cry 32.3

03/22

1. Eastside 53.6

16. thank, u next 32.7

04/05

1. (+1) Better 52.1

12. ( =) Break Up With Your Gi rlfrien d, I'm Bored 32 .8

10/08

1. (+1) Goodbyes 54.0 (-0.1)

15. (=) Boyfriend 27.9 (-2.3)

11/15

1. (=) Circles 50.5 (-2.7)

17. (NE) Don't Call Me Angel 27.5 (NE)

Should we compare it to 1989 since it's Taylor peak? I bet you wouldn't think so. At least now you know you have no room to talk

34 minutes ago, sober said:

Ariana never got any good callouts to begin with :skull: Her least repudiated single is 7 Rings that's why it's her only single to peak at #1 on Overall radio. TUN tanked, Break Up tanked, Boyfriend tanked, DCMA tanked... and this is supposed to her peak where she's universally adored by GP. Taylor at least managed to have a real radio hit with Delicate which is STILL played on radio today, Ariana can barely have one.

07/13

1. Love Lies 58.4

15. No Tears Left To Cry 32.3

03/22

1. Eastside 53.6

16. thank, u next 32.7

04/05

1. (+1) Better 52.1

12. ( =) Break Up With Your Gi rlfrien d, I'm Bored 32 .8

10/08

1. (+1) Goodbyes 54.0 (-0.1)

15. (=) Boyfriend 27.9 (-2.3)

11/15

1. (=) Circles 50.5 (-2.7)

17. (NE) Don't Call Me Angel 27.5 (NE)

Should we compare it to 1989 since it's Taylor peak? I bet you wouldn't think so. At least now you know you have no room to talk

You literally used TUN’s callouts months after it was released (NTLTC too) and even then they’re better than the Taylor singles at their peak. :skull: TUN was #1 for Favorite at one point. GIAW had great callouts too. None of Ariana’s singles from her last two albums have had callouts nearly as bad as almost every Taylor single from her last two albums, which is what we’re discussing.

6 minutes ago, Thuggin said:

You literally used TUN’s callouts months after it was released (NTLTC too). :skull: TUN was #1 for Favorite at one point. GIAW had great callouts too. None of Ariana’s singles from her last two albums have had callouts nearly as bad as almost every Taylor single from her last two albums, which is what we’re discussing.

Yet none of them reached top 3 on Net Positive for at least one week so how is it supposed to be GREAT? Not to mention Ariana has no other format to fall back on. Urban radio barely play her music, so there's no excuse for her awful callouts on Pop radio. Radio audience is just not here for her despite the constant spamming. She can probably not reach the lows of Taylor right now (wbk she did a lot worse with Focus) but does it really matter? One has a string of Radio #1s smash when the other is just... well starting I guess.

Taylor is past her peak, she got lucky being successful twice on Radio (Fearless/1989). No other female artist to debut this century had an era with as good callout scores as 1989's. Maybe only Adele. So ofcourse radio will support her expecting one song might stick as it happened with Delicate. But we know it won't last forever. 

1 minute ago, dangerous. said:

Well the callouts are wrong. :cm:

Agree, I felt like these callouts scores didn't really represent the whole listener habits. I'm actually asking the credibility of the callout score (not because my fave always get bad callout scores) but it does felt like they don't take the right sampling through the right statistical method that would generalised American's perception on radio hits. Especially when the bottom two literally entered some power rotations this week.

I hope Lover improves with Shawn Remix.

Potential (11/22)

1. (=) Truth Hurts 90 

2. (=) Someone You Loved 90 (▲1) 

3. (+2) Goodbyes 89 (▲1)   

4. (-1) Circles 89

5. (-1) Good As Hell 88

6. (=) Memories 85 (▲1) 

7. (+4) 10,000 Hours 84 (▲3)  

8. (-1) Trampoline 84 

9. (-1) Only Human 84 (▲1) 

10. (=) One Thing Right 83 (▲2) 

11. (-2) Time 82

12. (+2) Panini 81 (▲1) 

13. (-1) Graveyard 80 (▼1)  

14. (-1) How Do You Sleep? 80

15. (+1) Senorita 79

16. (-1) Beautiful People 78 (▼2) 

17. (=) Lover 75 (▲2) 

18. (=) Don't Call Me Angel 72 

19. (NE) Dance Monkey 70 (NE)

20. (NE) Liar 68 (NE) 

Pop Score (11/22)

1. (=) Truth Hurts 89 (▲2) 

2. (=) Someone You Loved 86 (▲1)  

3. (=) Good As Hell 84 (▲1)  

4. (=) Goodbyes 83 (▲3) 

5. (=) Trampoline 79 

6. (=) Senorita 78 (▲1) 

7. (=) Circles 77 (▲1) 

8. (=) Only Human 73 (▲2)  

9. (=) Beautiful People 72

10. (+3) Memories 71 (▲3) 

11. (-1) How Do You Sleep? 71 (▲1) 

12. (=) Panini 70 (▲2) 

13. (-2) Time 70 (▲2) 

14. (+1) 10,000 Hours 68 (▲5) 

15. (-1) Graveyard 63 (▼1)

16. (=) One Thing Right 61 (▲1) 

17. (=) Lover 61 (▲2) 

18. (=) Don't Call Me Angel 58 (▲1) 

19. (NE) Liar 55 (NE) 

20. (NE) Dance Monkey 50 (NE)

Net Positive (11/22)

1. (+1) Goodbyes 51.4 (+3.2)

2. (-1) Circles 49.4 (-1.1)

3. (+1) Memories 47.7 (+0.8)

4. (-1) Someone You Loved 47.3 (-0.8)

5. (=) Time 46.7 (+1.1)

6. (=) Only Human 46.5 (+1.5)

7. (=) Trampoline 46.2 (+1.8)

8. (=) Graveyard 42.9 (-0.9)

9. (+5) 10,000 Hours 42.8 (+4.2) 

10. (-1) Good As Hell 42.1 (-1.6) 

11. (=) One Thing Right 41.7 (+1.4)

12. (=) Panini 40.7 (+0.6)

13. (=) Truth Hurts 39.7 (+0.2)

14. (+1) How Do You Sleep? 38.3 

15. (-5) Beautiful People 37.3 (-3.4)

16. (=) Senorita 32.0 (+1.4)  

17. (+1) Lover 28.2 (+2.8) 

18. (-1) Don't Call Me Angel 27.0 (-0.5)

19. (NE) Dance Monkey 23.0 (NE)

20. (NE) Liar 20.2 (NE) 

Most positive reaction: Goodbyes

Favorite song: Truth Hurts

Most negative reaction: Liar

Heaviest Burnout: Senorita

Most familiarity: Senorita

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.